The global Refining Additive market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.7% during the forecast period 2022 to 2030.
Refining Additive Market Overview:
Refinery additives (RAs) are compounds or chemicals used to improve and improve performance in several refinery processes and end-product fuels. Fuel performance is improved to meet and achieve fuel specifications regulated by government agencies and authorities. These refinery additives are usually added during the refinery process and can also be used to enhance and modify the performance of certain end product specifications such as motor spirits and diesels. Refinery additive products are used in numerous refinery processes such as reforming systems, distillation, filling plant processes, process crackers, desulfurization, coker, catalytic reforming, vacuum distillation and more.
These refinery additive products are only used in the oil and gas downstream industry. There are many types of refining additives such as antioxidants, stabilizers, antifouling agents, antifoaming agents, octane boosters, catalyst regenerators, low flow properties, biocides, cetane number enhancers and amine solutions. Many products also include lubricity enhancers and metal deactivators. Refining additives products are used in several end-use petroleum products, particularly diesel, gasoline, asphalt and aviation fuel. With the help of refining additives, major downstream players are increasing refinery throughput and productivity. These types of tablet additives are formulated through a variety of processing techniques and formulated in a way to meet a variety of end-use needs.
Refining Additive market size estimates and forecasts are provided in terms of sales volume (K units) and revenue (million USD), with historical and forecast data for the period 2017 to 2030, with 2022 being considered as the base year. This report segments the global Refining Additive market in detail. Regional market sizes related to products by type, by application, and by player are also delivered. In estimating the size of the market, we took into account the impact of COVID-19 and other global crisis.
Significant Refining Additive Market Dynamics and Growth Factors:
Globally, the refining additives market is witnessing tremendous demand and growth over the past few years and similar trends will follow in the coming years. The key reason behind the huge demand for refining additives is the end-use need for high specifications imposed on fuel use by governments. These days, people are focusing on vehicle performance, especially in terms of pickups and averages.
To increase mileage and pickup performance, refinery operators are using cetane boosters and octane boosters on their diesel and gasoline products, respectively. To gain a competitive advantage, many refinery operators are focusing on increasing the Nelson index, or refinery complexity, and expanding their refinery operations, which further fuels the demand for refining additives.
- In March 2019, Chevron launched Techron fuel treatment solutions for ATVs, UTVs, watercraft, karts, snowmobiles, scooters, and other maintenance equipment engines.
- In January 2019, Brenntag was established as the distributor of Infineum products in the Latin American countries, namely Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Brazil, and Mexico. Brenntag has been working with Infineum since 1990, and this latest appointment extends the relationship between the parties beyond their existing arrangements in Europe and the Middle East.
The Refining Additive market research report is categorized based on type, applications and region.
Market Key Players:
GE Power & Water, Albemarle Corporation, The Lubrizol Corporation, BASF SE, Dorf-Ketal Chemicals India Private Limited, Johnson Matthey PLC, Clariant AG Switzerland, NALCO Champion (Ecolab), Exxon Mobil Corporation, Chevron Corporation, Amspec ,LLC, Infineum International Ltd, Evonik Industries Ag, Total SA, and others.
- Corrosion Inhibitor
- Hydrogen Sulfide Scavenger
- Catalyst Regenerators
- Amine Solutions
- Cetane number improver
- Crude Oil Processing
- Fluid Catalytic Cracking
Geographically, the global Refining Additive market has been analysed in various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East & Africa (MEA).
The extensive network of refineries helps North America to maintain a huge market share and this trend will continue through the forecast period mentioned above. It is also worth noting here that the region is known for its high consumption of essential oil additives. This growth will be followed by Western Europe, Middle East and Africa. It should also be noted that the Asia Pacific region will grow at a significant rate due to expansion plans put in place by several countries. Moreover, complex refinery setups will add to this growth over the forecast period. A medium CAGR will be recorded in Latin America over the same period.
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Nordic Countries
- Benelux Union
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
Refining Additive Market report scope
CAGR of 4.7% from 2022 to 2030.
Stabilizers, Corrosion Inhibitor, Hydrogen Sulfide Scavenger, Antioxidants, Antifoulants, Defoamers, Catalyst Regenerators, Biocides, Amine Solutions, Cetane number improver
Crude Oil Processing, Fluid Catalytic Cracking, Hydroprocessing
Johnson Matthey, Infineum International, Exxon Mobil, Evonik Industries, Ecolab, Dorf-Ketal Chemicals, Clariant, Chevron, Berkshire Hathaway, BASF, Amspec, Albemarle
Regions and Countries Covered
- North America: (US, Canada, Mexico, Rest of North America)
- Europe(Germany, France, Italy, Spain, UK, Nordic Countries, Benelux Union, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, Southeast Asia, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- The Middle East & Africa(Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, South Africa, Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
- Latin America(Brazil, Argentina, Rest of Latin America)
- Rest Of the World
2017 to 2022
2023 to 2030
Key Takeaways from this Refining Additive Report
- Estimate Refining Additive market potential through analysing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level - for product types, applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the supply chain in depth on the value growth at each step, in order to optimize value and bring effectiveness in your processes.
- Know the different dynamics affecting the market - challenges, key driving factors and opportunities.
- Get a quick viewpoint on the Refining Additive market entropy - M&A's, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key companies for the historical 5 years.
- Estimate the supply-demand gaps, import-export data and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries worldwide for the market.
- Get complete insights on your competitor performance - market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Study the sales and distribution channels over key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
Frequently Asked Questions
At what CAGR is the Refining Additive market projected to grow in the forecast period 2022 to 2030?
What are the types of Refining Additive market?
What are the applications of Refining Additive market?
Who are the top players in Refining Additive market?
Which application segment is expected to drive the growth of the Refining Additive market in the next 5 years?
Which are the key deployments types adopting Refining Additive market?