Global Hereditary Angioedema Market Is Estimated To Be Valued At US$ 2,431.89 Million In 2022 And Is Expected To Exhibit A CAGR Of 9.1% During The Forecast Period (2022-2030)
Hereditary Angioedema Market Overview:
About 93% of people with hereditary angioedema (HAE) experience recurrent abdominal pain. Many patients who visit emergency rooms, primary care physicians, general surgery departments, and gastroenterology departments are misdiagnosed for years and undergo unnecessary tests, and surgical patients who frequently visit emergency departments, primary care physicians, general surgeons, and gastroenterology departments are misdiagnosed. . You will have to go through unnecessary tests and surgeries. Diagnosing HAE can be difficult because symptoms and seizure location are often inconsistent from episode to episode. Some of the symptoms include unexplained abdominal pain, especially when accompanied by swelling of the face and extremities, suggesting a diagnosis of HAE. Additionally, a family history and radiographic images presenting an edematous bowel also support the diagnosis of HAE.
Hereditary Angioedema Market size, estimates and forecasts are provided in terms of sales volume (K units) and revenue (million USD), with historical and forecast data for the period 2017 to 2030, with 2022 being considered as the base year. This report segments the global Hereditary Angioedema Market in detail. Regional market sizes related to products by type, by application, and by player are also delivered. In estimating the size of the market, we took into account the impact of COVID-19 and the Russian-Ukraine war.
Key Market Updates:
- In February 2021, BioCryst Pharmaceuticals Inc. received a positive award from the European Medicines Agency's (EMA) Committee on Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) recommending approval of ORLADEYO (Berotralstat) for the routine prevention of recurrent attacks of hereditary angioedema. It was announced that the opinion was adopted. (HAE) in adult and adolescent patients 12 years of age and older.
- In February 2021, KalVista reported positive results from a phase 2 clinical trial of KVD900 as an on-demand oral treatment for HAE seizures.
Market Key Players:
Pharming Group NV, Shire plc, CSL Limited, iBio Inc., BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, And Others.
Major Market Segments Covered in Hereditary Angioedema Market Industry Research:
- C1 Esterase Inhibitor
- Kallikrein Inhibitor
- Selective Bradykinin B2 Receptor Antagonist
- Retail Pharmacies
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
North America is expected to dominate the overall hereditary angioedema market over the forecast period, owing to the presence of key players, increasing awareness programs and research organizations regarding treatment of the condition, and establishment of healthcare infrastructure. Rising government initiatives, growing research partnerships and strong pipelines are the major growth drivers for the market.
For example, Ionis Pharmaceuticals, a California-based biotech company, has an antisense drug, IONIS-PKK-LRx, in its pipeline for ligand binding (LICA) investigations. The company is evaluating a drug molecule to reduce the production of prekallikrein (PKK) to treat patients with hereditary angioedema. In September 2021, Cycle Pharmaceuticals launched SAJAZIR (Icatibant) Injection, a new treatment option for patients with hereditary angioedema (HAE) that has been approved by the US FDA. There are many government and non-government funded research institutes in the region. For example, the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS) is entirely focused on esoteric tests for the treatment and cure of rare diseases. NCATS aims to obtain collaborative projects to study common themes and causes of related diseases in order to accelerate the development of treatments. Hence, these factors are expected to give the market a lucrative growth in the coming years.
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Nordic Countries
- Benelux Union
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
Significant Market Dynamics:
The major factors hindering the growth of the global hereditary angioedema market are the potential for misdiagnosis of hereditary angioedema and the high cost of drugs used to treat angioedema. For example, according to an article published by Everyday Health, Inc. in June 2020, people with hereditary angioedema (HAE) are often misdiagnosed as having other medical problems. According to the same source, in a survey of 313 patients, 65% of patients with HAE reported that they were misdiagnosed before doctors could accurately determine their condition. HAE is commonly mistaken for allergic reactions, appendicitis, and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). About 40% of HAE patients are diagnosed within the first 3 years, while nearly 33% of people still have a delay of 10 years or more.
Hereditary Angioedema Market report scope:
Key Takeaways from this Hereditary Angioedema Market Report
- Estimate Hereditary Angioedema Market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level - for product types, applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the supply chain in depth on the value growth at each step, in order to optimize value and bring effectiveness in your processes.
- Know the different dynamics affecting the market - challenges, key driving factors and opportunities.
- Get a quick viewpoint on the Hereditary Angioedema Market entropy - M&A's, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key companies for the historical 5 years.
- Estimate the supply-demand gaps, import-export data and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries worldwide for the market.
- Get complete insights on your competitor performance - market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Study the sales and distribution channels over key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
Frequently Asked Questions-
What is the CAGR of Hereditary Angioedema Market?
The Hereditary Angioedema Market is growing at a CAGR of 9.1% During Forecast Period.
What are the key types of Hereditary Angioedema Market?
C1 Esterase Inhibitor, Kallikrein Inhibitor, Selective Bradykinin B2 Receptor Antagonist
What are the key applications of Hereditary Angioedema Market?
Retail Pharmacies, Hospital Pharmacies, Online Pharmacies
Who are the key players in Hereditary Angioedema Market?
Pharming Group NV, Shire plc, CSL Limited, iBio Inc., BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, And others.