The Global Nutrition Chemicals Market size was valued at USD 10.7 billion in 2022 and is projected to reach USD 17.4 billion by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 5.90% from 2023 to 2030.
Nutrition chemicals are any substances required for the correct functioning of the body. They contain essential nutrients such as vitamins and minerals, in addition to other compounds such as proteins and fatty acids. Nutrition chemicals are essential because they participate in every bodily function, from the production of energy to the maintenance of cells.
Nutrition chemicals are widely used as food additives to enhance the nutritional value of foods required by humans, plants, and animals, extend the shelf life of products, and impart taste, color, and texture to products. These chemicals are used in a variety of applications including pharmaceuticals, animal nutrition, food, cosmetics and personal care, and agriculture, among others.
Animal and agricultural nutrients and chemical products are used to improve the dietary needs of plants and animals. Some of the commonly used animal nutrition chemical products used to enhance the nutrition value of animal feed include organic acids, enzymes, vitamins, and glycinates, among others. Nutrition chemicals are increasingly used in animal feed as nutritional supplements to maintain the balance of protein, vitamins, and other nutritional minerals in livestock diets. Plant nutrition chemicals include nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, sulfur, iron, copper, etc. All of these chemicals are plant boosters, absorbed by the roots, helping them grow and provide food for humans and animals.
Population growth has led to an increase in meat consumption in recent years, particularly in the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) and Southeast Asian emerging economies. Rapid changes in the meat and poultry markets, coupled with intensified competition, have increased the need for key market participants to enhance and maintain product quality. According to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, global meat production in 2018 was approximately 336.4 million tons. The United States produced 46, 768 thousand tonnes of meat in total. The U.S. livestock and poultry industry is the largest agricultural sector. Rising urbanization and increased livestock exports are anticipated to have a positive effect on product demand in the coming years. In addition, the demand for animal nutrition chemical products is driven by the rising consumption of red and white meat, the demand for a protein-rich diet, population growth, and proportionally increasing food availability challenges. Due to the high rate of chicken consumption and advances in poultry production technologies, poultry is a significant application within the animal nutrition chemical segment. In the poultry industry, the increasing risk of lethal infections and nutritional deficiencies has led to an increase in demand for animal nutrition chemical products.
The market revenue for Nutrition Chemicals was Million USD in 2016, grew to Million USD in 2022, and is projected to reach Million USD by 2030, at a CAGR of during 2022-2030.This report analyzes the impact of COVID-19 on the global market for Nutrition Chemicals from both global and regional perspectives. From the production end to the consumption end in regions such as North America, Europe, China, and Japan, the report emphasized market analysis under COVID-19 and corresponding response policies for each region, from the production end to the consumption end.
The global Nutrition Chemicals market is the professional and accurate study of various business perspectives such as major key players, key geographies, divers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges. This global research report has been aggregated on the basis of various market segments and sub-segments associated with the global market.
- October 2021- Satvam Nutrition has announced plans to disturb the present natural health supplement market by launching its exclusive product range, which is 100 % chemical-free and obtained from organic raw ingredients only. Satvam has a wide variety of products, including daily dietary supplements and preventative healthcare medicine. Satvam trusts in offering the right nutrients to the body via the perfect ingredients. The human body comprises numerous organs and an infinite number of cells that need organic nutrients to operate well and keep the body healthy.
- December 2021 - A Greentech company that provides suppliers with low-carbon, natural products produced with technology based on natural micro-organisms, AFYREN, has announced the signing of two deliberate contracts for the long-term delivery of biobased ingredients by AFYREN NEOXY to two of the leading market players in the health and nutrition markets.
- July 2019 - Evonik Industries will be entering a research agreement with Perstorp. The companies are jointly going to develop a new range of animal nutrition products. With this agreement, both the leading chemical companies will have leverage in the nutrition chemicals market over their rivals.
Global nutrition chemicals market is driven by a variety of factors, including:
- Increasing demand for nutritional supplements: As consumers become more health-conscious, the demand for nutritional supplements is increasing. Nutrition chemicals are used to manufacture these supplements, making them an essential component of the market.
- Growing awareness about the benefits of a healthy diet: With increasing awareness about the benefits of a healthy diet, people are looking for food products that are enriched with essential nutrients. This trend is driving the demand for nutrition chemicals, which are used to fortify food products.
- Rising prevalence of chronic diseases: Chronic diseases such as diabetes, obesity, and cardiovascular diseases are on the rise, and these conditions often require specialized diets and nutritional supplements. This has increased the demand for nutrition chemicals that can be used to develop specialized products for people with these conditions.
- Increasing demand for animal feed: The demand for animal feed is also on the rise, as the global population continues to grow, and the demand for meat and dairy products increases. Nutrition chemicals are used to produce animal feed, making them an essential component of the market.
- Technological advancements in the field of nutrition: There have been significant technological advancements in the field of nutrition, which have led to the development of innovative nutrition chemicals. This has further fueled the growth of the market.
- Increasing demand for nutraceuticals and functional foods: The global market for nutraceuticals is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.5% from 2016 to 2021. This growth can be attributed to the increasing awareness about the benefits of consuming these products, rising disposable incomes, and growing urbanization. The market for functional foods is also expected to grow rapidly in the coming years as consumers become more aware of their health and look for food items that offer additional health benefits.
- Growing demand from emerging markets: A large majority of the population in emerging markets is still unaware of the benefits of nutrition chemicals and supplements. There is thus the huge potential for growth in these regions over the next few years as consumers become more aware of these products and start using them regularly.
- Rising incidence of lifestyle diseases: Lifestyle diseases such as obesity, heart disease, diabetes, etc. are on the rise all over the world due to changing lifestyles and diets. This has led to an increased demand for nutritional supplements that can help prevent or manage these diseases effectively.
Increased demand for dietary supplements from athletes and the working class due to their busy schedules is expected to create profitable business possibilities.
- Stringent regulations: The market is subject to various regulations related to the use and safety of nutrition chemicals, which can be a significant restraint. These regulations can limit the use of certain ingredients and slow down the development of new products.
- Limited availability of raw materials: The availability of raw materials for nutrition chemicals can be limited, especially for ingredients that are derived from natural sources. This can increase the cost of production and limit the growth of the market.
- Competition from alternative products: The market faces competition from alternative products such as herbal and organic supplements, which can be seen as more natural and less synthetic. This can impact the demand for nutrition chemicals.
- Economic instability: The global nutrition chemicals market can be impacted by economic instability, which can affect consumer spending and demand for nutritional supplements and fortified foods.
On the Basis of Type:
The animal is a biological material, which includes all forms of life from insects to man. Animal-derived products are used in the nutrition chemicals market owing to their high nutritional value and easy availability. Animal-source food has been considered one of the most important sources for providing essential nutrients required for human health.
Plants and their usage in the Nutrition Chemicals market are driven by the growing demand for natural ingredients in food & beverage, pharmaceuticals, and personal care products. The global population is increasing health concerns coupled with rising disposable income which has led to consumer preference towards nutritional foods and nutraceuticals. This factor will drive the growth of the plant and its usage in nutrition chemicals over the forecast period.
Food Nutrition chemical is a type of food additive that helps to improve the nutritional value of foods. It can help to increase the number of certain vitamins and minerals in food, and it can also help to reduce the amount of fat or sugar in food.
On the Basis of Application:
Based on application, the global nutrition chemicals market is divided into pharmaceuticals, agriculture, food, domestic, cosmetics, and personal care. From 2015 to 2030, the agricultural sector is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of XX%. The increasing population and rising disposable income levels in developing nations such as India and China are anticipated to drive demand for enhanced crop production techniques, which will in turn fuel market expansion over the forecast period. In addition, increased expenditure on sports supplements by athletes of all ages will contribute to industry expansion during this period. Rising household incomes and a greater understanding of the health benefits of nutritional supplements have led to an increase in household consumption, which is anticipated to have a positive effect on industry growth during this period.
- Personal Care
On the Basis of Region:
Geographically, the global Nutrition Chemicals market has been analyzed in various regions such as North America, Latin America, Middle East, Asia-Pacific, Africa, Europe, and India. The global Nutrition Chemicals region is dominating this market in the upcoming future.
The North American market accounted for the largest share of the global nutrition market in 2018 owing to surging demand for packaged food and beverages. The use of nutrition in beverages is increasing owing to the increasing demand for health and energy drinks. Moreover, growing healthcare industry along with increasing geriatric population is driving the growth of the North American nutrition market. Moreover, rising demand for corn, grains, and other corn products is driving U.S. agriculture, which is likely to boost the demand for nutritional chemicals.
Asia Pacific was the fastest growing nutrition market in 2018 and is expected to register a significant CAGR during the review period. The market growth can be attributed to the rising demand for nutrient-rich foods and beverages to improve health. Growing pharmaceutical industry owing to growing health concerns and increasing spending on nutrition supplements are driving the demand for nutrition chemicals. The growth of the meat industry has driven the increase in the consumption of processed meat and animal by-products, which has led to an increase in the demand for animal feed in Asia Pacific, thereby boosting the demand for nutrition chemicals.
The market in Europe is likely to witness significant growth over the review period due to rising consumption of packaged food and beverages due to convenience and extended shelf life. Moreover, the growing cosmetics and personal care industry along with rising demand for UV-resistant skin care products is likely to drive the growth of the nutraceuticals market during the review period.
The market in Latin America, Middle East & Africa is expected to witness considerable growth owing to changing consumption patterns and increasing demand for nutritional supplements.
On the Basis of Type:
On the Basis of Application:
- Personal Care
Further the regions are divided into countries as follows
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Nordic Countries
- Benelux Union
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
Scope of Report
|Value (USD Billion)
|CAGR of 6.04% from 2023 to 2030
- Personal Care
- DOW Chemical
- Evonik Industries
- TATA Chemicals
- FMC Corporation
| Regional Scope
- North America
- The Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
|Reasons to Purchase this Report and Customization Scope
- 6-month post-sale analyst assistance.
- 10% Free Customization and 15 Company Profiles in addition to the ones specified
Market Key Players
BASF SE is a European multinational chemical corporation and the world's largest chemical manufacturer. It has its headquarters in Ludwigshafen, Germany. Their portfolio comprises six segments: chemicals, materials, industrial solutions, surface technologies, nutrition & care and agricultural solutions. BASF generated sales of €87.3 billion in 2022. BASF shares are traded on the stock exchange in frankfurt (bas) and as american depositary receipts (basfy) in the United States.
BASF, DOW Chemical, Vertellus, Evonik Industries, DUPont, TATA Chemicals, FMC Corporation, Cognis, AIC, DSM, and others.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average, Dow Jones, or simply the Dow, is a stock market index comprised of 30 prominent corporations listed on U.S. stock exchanges. The DJIA is one of the earliest and most widely followed stock market indices.Dow's plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings, and silicones businesses provide a vast array of differentiated, science-based products and solutions for its clients in high-growth market segments such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility, and consumer applications.
Tata Chemicals Limited is an Indian multinational corporation based in Mumbai, India, with interests in chemicals, agricultural protection, and specialty chemistry products. With operations in India, Europe, North America, and Africa, the corporation is one of the largest chemical companies in India.They provide agricultural and farming solutions, R&D in nanotechnology and biotechnology, consumer products, industrial chemicals, and nutritional solutions
The DSM stands for Dutch State Mines Dutch multinational corporation Koninklijke DSM N.V. is active in the disciplines of health, nutrition, and materials. DSM, headquartered in Heerlen, employed 21,054 individuals in approximately 50 nations at the end of 2017 and posted net sales of €8.632 billion in 2018 and €9.204 billion in 2021.
AIC stands for Agriculture Insurance Company of India Limited was incorporated under the Indian Companies Act 1956 on 20th December, 2002 with an authorized share capital of INR 15 billion and paid up capital of INR 2 billion. AIC commenced business from 1st April, 2003.
Nutrition chemicals are any chemical compounds that the body needs in order to work right. They are full of important nutrients like vitamins and minerals, as well as other things like proteins and fatty acids. Nutrition chemicals are important because they help the body do everything from making energy to keeping cells in good shape. The global Nutrition Chemicals Market is projected to grow at a CAGR of over 5.90% during forecast period, to reach to around USD 17.4 billion by end of 2030. Nutrition chemicals are often used as additives in food to make it healthier for people, plants, and animals, to make it last longer on the shelf, and to give it flavor, color, and structure. These chemicals are used for many different things, such as medicine, animal feed, food, makeup and personal care products, and farming.