The Global Solar Energy And Battery Storages Market size was valued at USD 7.68 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach USD 26.08 Billion by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 16.15% from 2023 to 2030.
Solar Energy And Battery Storage Market Overview:
Solar cells are in high demand because they store solar energy and discharge power as needed. This lithium-ion or lead acid is rechargeable and is also used to store energy in the solar system. Solar batteries are widely used in various home appliances such as solar charging stations, power plants, and off-grid. In 2020, Italy won a contract to deliver 95 MW of solar cell storage from 2022 to 2030.
The growth of the solar energy and battery storage market can be attributed to the growing demand for renewable energy sources and the need for grid parity. The lead-acid battery segment is projected to hold the largest share of the global solar energy and battery storage market in 2018. However, Li-ion batteries are expected to grow at a higher CAGR during the forecast period. This can be attributed to their high efficiency, longer life cycle, and low maintenance requirements.
Solar Energy And Battery Storage Market size, estimates, and forecasts are provided in terms of sales volume (K Units) and revenue (million USD), with historical and forecast data for the period 2017 to 2030, with 2022 being considered as the base year. This report segments the global Solar Energy And Battery Storage Market in detail. Regional market sizes related to products by type, by application, and by a player are also delivered. In estimating the size of the market, we took into account the impact of COVID-19 and the Russian-Ukraine war.
Key Market Updates:
- In July 2021, a company called Lumea launched a 300 MW grid to store batteries in Victoria and Australia. The plan is to raise funds on its own without government assistance. Grids use energy in local and national markets.
- On June 25, Reliance kicked off with a US$10 billion investment. It used advanced technology to manufacture solar systems with photovoltaic cells.
Major Market Segments Covered in Solar Energy And Battery Storage Market Industry Research:
Market Key Players:
ABB Ltd. (Switzerland), LG Chem, Ltd. (South Korea) , Samsung SDI Co., Ltd (South Korea), General Electric Company (U.S.), Tesla, Inc. (U.S.), AEG Power Solutions (Germany), eSolar Inc. (U.S.), Abengoa S.A. (Spain), BrightSource Energy, Inc. (U.S.), ACCIONA, S.A. (Spain), EVERGREEN SOLAR INC. (U.S.), and Alpha Technologies (U.S.), And Others.
- Lead-Acid Battery
- Li-ion Battery
- NaS Battery
- Industrial & Commercial
Regionally, England and Portugal became famous for manufacturing large quantities of accumulators. Asia Pacific is expected to account for the most dominant solar energy and battery storage market share in 2019. The local government is investing heavily in building solar systems across all areas of need in the region. China was considered to be the largest region carrying out the export business of these systems. India and some other regions in South Korea are using renewable energy storage, and solar cells are also in great demand in these regions, driving the market.
Significant Market Dynamics:
Growing demand for the use of cost-effective, green solar systems being used in a variety of industrial and commercial applications. The use of sustainable energy sources is a major factor driving the solar energy and battery storage market size by enhancing the use of these solar cells. Using solar panels reduces your monthly electricity bill, increasing your market value. Following the global market trends, the use of amorphous silicon cell segment and the use of copper indium gallium selenide panels boost its business.
The use of AI technology and the expansion of energy trading through blockchain has driven the market by providing these advanced opportunities. This stimulates the owner to export maximum energy and sell it at a reasonable price. Urbanization, industrialization, and growing population demand are increasing energy consumption and providing great opportunities for expansion. The increase in applications for roof installation and the construction sector has also lubricated the demand.
The high cost of installing solar systems and the high cost of maintenance have become the biggest challenges in the solar market. Currently, solar cell storage is dependent on government taxes and subsidies.
Cumulative Growth - The solar system is built in such a way that the water needs to be replaced daily and replaced with distilled water. These water changes prevent the environment from being polluted, stimulating the market size. Demand by key players in the market to use renewable energy solutions is helping to propel market growth. The solar energy and battery storage market value has increased as the adoption of solar power towers for power generation has increased demand and fueled the market growth.
The amount of sunlight hitting the Earth's surface is not constant. Variation occurs depending on location, time of day, season and weather conditions. Also, since only a small amount of light reaches a square foot, a large surface area is required to absorb and collect some energy. These factors act as major restraints hindering the market growth. The choice of PV technology is greatly influenced by reliability, large-scale production and competitiveness. Overall weather conditions and geographical latitude impede market expansion.
Solar Energy And Battery Storage Market report scope:
||Value (USD Billion)
||CAGR of 16.15% from 2023 to 2030
- Lead-Acid Battery
- Li-ion Battery
- NaS Battery
- Industrial & Commercial
||ABB Ltd. (Switzerland), LG Chem, Ltd. (South Korea) , Samsung SDI Co., Ltd (South Korea), General Electric Company (U.S.), Tesla, Inc. (U.S.), AEG Power Solutions (Germany), eSolar Inc. (U.S.), Abengoa S.A. (Spain), BrightSource Energy, Inc. (U.S.), ACCIONA, S.A. (Spain), EVERGREEN SOLAR INC. (U.S.), and Alpha Technologies (U.S.), And Others.
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Nordic Countries
- Benelux Union
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
|Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market based on segmentation involving both economic and non-economic factors;
- Provision of market value (USD Billion) data for each segment and sub-segment;
- Indicates the region and segment that is expected to witness the fastest growth and dominate the market;
- Analysis by geography highlighting the consumption of the product/service in the region as well as indicating the market's dominance by region;
- Analysis by product/service type
- A competitive landscape that includes the market ranking of the top competitors, as well as new service/product launches, collaborations, business expansions, and acquisitions of companies featured during the previous five years
- Extensive company profiles with business overview, company insights, product benchmarking, and SWOT analysis for the leading market players
- The current and future market outlook of the industry in light of recent developments (which include growth opportunities and drivers as well as challenges and restraints of both emerging and developed regions)
- Includes in-depth analysis of the market from multiple perspectives using Porter's five forces analysis Provides market insight across the Value Chain
- Market dynamics situation, as well as development potential for the market in the coming years
- 6-month post-sale analyst assistance
Crucial Points from this Solar Energy And Battery Storage Market Report
- Estimate Solar Energy And Battery Storage Market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level - for product types, applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the supply chain in depth on the value growth at each step, in order to optimize value and bring effectiveness in your processes.
- Know the different dynamics affecting the market - challenges, key driving factors and opportunities.
- Get a quick viewpoint on the Solar Energy And Battery Storage Market entropy - M&A's, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key companies for the historical 5 years.
- Estimate the supply-demand gaps, import-export data and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries worldwide for the market.
- Get complete insights on your competitor performance - market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Study the sales and distribution channels over key geographies to improve top-line revenues.