The Global Biotextiles Market Is Projected To Grow At A CAGR Of 9.5% From 2022 To 2030.
Biotextiles Market Overview:
Biotextiles are structures composed of textile fibers that are designed for application in specific biological environments. The performance of these biotextiles depends on their biostability and biocompatibility with biological fluids and cells. Some examples of bio textiles include implantable devices such as hernia repair fabrics, surgical sutures, artificial skin, arterial grafts, and some parts of artificial hearts.
Biotextiles is an innovative textile introduced in the market which is fitted with genetically engineered vitamins or microorganisms, certain enzymes, etc. These biotextiles find widespread applications in the medical industry for its therapeutic, medicinal, and protective characteristics. With the growing medical industry across the globe, the demand for biotextiles is expected to witness strong growth in the near future.
Biotextiles market size, estimates, and forecasts are provided in terms of sales volume (K Units) and revenue (million USD), with historical and forecast data for the period 2017 to 2030, with 2022 being considered as the base year. This report segments the global Biotextiles market in detail. Regional market sizes related to products by type, by application, and by player are also delivered. In estimating the size of the market, we took into account the impact of COVID-19 and the Russian-Ukraine war.
Key Market Updates:
- In 2021, Origin Materials and PrimaLoft form a strategic alliance to develop carbon-negative insulating fibers for outdoor gear, bedding, and apparel.
- In September 2020, NatureWorks announced a manufacturing technology project involving lactide monomer purification efficiency at its Blair, Nebraska facility, which will increase the availability of Ingeo's (PLA) biomaterials portfolio by 10%.
- In 2020, Puma launched a bio-polyester shirt, and Versace has a full line of clothing called Ingeo, made primarily from corn.
Major Segments Covered in the Global Biotextiles Market:
Market Key Players:
ATEX Technologies, C.R.Bard, Confluent Medical, Culzean Textile, Getinge Group, J-Pac Medical, Medtronic, Poly-Med, RUA Medical, Terumo, U.S. Biodesign, And Others.
Biotextiles Market by Types:
Biotextiles Market by Applications:
Biotextiles Market by Regions:
The report estimates revenue growth at the worldwide, regional, and country levels and delivers an analysis of the recent industry trends in each sub-segment from 2017 to 2030.
In terms of demand, North America was the largest market for biotextiles, followed by Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World. In North America, the United States was the largest market, followed by Canada and Mexico. Demand for biotextiles is very high in North America, especially in countries like the United States and Canada, due to significant spending on healthcare activities. Demand for biotextiles is expected to witness strong growth in the region, owing to increasing acceptance of artificial organs and increasing efficiency of biotextile products.
In Europe, Germany constitutes the largest market, followed by France, Italy and the United Kingdom. Additionally, China and India have been major markets for biotextiles. Demand for biotextiles is expected to further increase in the region due to rising disposable income and rising healthcare spending in the region. Demand for biotextiles is also expected to be high in developing Asia Pacific countries such as Indonesia. Demand for biotextiles is also expected to be high in Latin American countries, particularly Brazil and Argentina.
Significant Market Dynamics:
Trends And Opportunities
Biotextiles are also used in the defense sector finding new applications such as protective clothing and bandages. These materials are generally environmentally friendly and can provide a source of nutrition, heat and moisture to the human body with the help of various microorganisms.
Biotextiles are used in artificial hearts. With increasing innovation and development in the medical industry, organ transplantation has been used to meet the needs of patients suffering from acute organ failure. In addition, increasing number of patients and lack of organ donors are driving the demand for artificial organs worldwide. Additionally, advances in technology have made artificial organs a viable option for organ transplantation. Recently, new and advanced artificial organs with improved biocompatible shelf life and safety have been introduced to the market. Biotextiles have been used to a large extent in the production of artificial organs, so with the growth of this market, the demand for biotextiles is expected to increase in similar lines. As the use of artificial organs such as artificial hearts and artificial kidneys increases, they are helping to extend the life span of patients and improve their quality of life. Moreover, rising spending on healthcare activities and improving patient outcomes are expected to boost the demand for biotextiles used in artificial organ applications. In addition, with the increasing disposable income of people in the Asia Pacific region, the demand for biotextiles is also expected to increase in the near future.
Report Scope of Global Biotextiles Market:
||Value (USD Billion)
||CAGR of 9.5% from 2023 to 2030
||ATEX Technologies, C.R.Bard, Confluent Medical, Culzean Textile, Getinge Group, J-Pac Medical, Medtronic, Poly-Med, RUA Medical, Terumo, U.S. Biodesign, And Others.
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Nordic Countries
- Benelux Union
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
|Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market based on segmentation involving both economic and non-economic factors;
- Provision of market value (USD Billion) data for each segment and sub-segment;
- Indicates the region and segment that is expected to witness the fastest growth and dominate the market;
- Analysis by geography highlighting the consumption of the product/service in the region as well as indicating the market's dominance by region;
- Analysis by product/service type
- A competitive landscape that includes the market ranking of the top competitors, as well as new service/product launches, collaborations, business expansions, and acquisitions of companies featured during the previous five years
- Extensive company profiles with business overview, company insights, product benchmarking, and SWOT analysis for the leading market players
- The current and future market outlook of the industry in light of recent developments (which include growth opportunities and drivers as well as challenges and restraints of both emerging and developed regions)
- Includes in-depth analysis of the market from multiple perspectives using Porter's five forces analysis Provides market insight across the Value Chain
- Market dynamics situation, as well as development potential for the market in the coming years
- 6-month post-sale analyst assistance
Points Covered in the Report
- The points that are discussed within the report are the major market players that are involved in the Market such as Market players, raw material suppliers, equipment suppliers, end users, traders, distributors and etc.
- The complete profile of the companies is mentioned. And the capacity, production, price, revenue, cost, gross, gross margin, sales volume, sales revenue, consumption, growth rate, import, export, supply, future strategies, and the technological developments that they are making are also included within the report. This report analyzed 12 years of data history and forecast.
- The growth factors of the market are discussed in detail wherein the different end users of the market are explained in detail.
- Data and information by market player, region, type, application and etc., and custom research can be added according to specific requirements.
- The report contains a SWOT analysis of the market. Finally, the report contains the conclusion part where the opinions of the industrial experts are included.
Any special requirements about this report, please let us know and we can provide a custom report.
Note – In order to provide a more accurate market forecast, all our reports will be updated before delivery by considering the impact of COVID-19 and the Russia-Ukraine war.