Global SVoD Market size was valued at USD 24.15 Billion in 2021 and is projected to reach USD 34.09 Billion by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 4.41% from 2022 to 2030.
SVoD Market Overview:
Subscription-based video-on-demand services (subscription-VoD or SVoD), such as Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, offer unlimited access to their content library for a monthly subscription fee. Movies and TV series can be streamed to a variety of supported connected devices. The SVoD market does not include ad-supported services, pay-per-view services, or services that require a pay-TV subscription (such as HBO Go).
The increase in mobile, smart TV, and tablet versions is driving the growth of the SVoD market. Demand for personalization of content, where customers want to watch the programs they want, increases the number of viewers and drives the market growth. Growing access to smartphones and internet is also impacted by the market providing new opportunities to the global SVoD market.
Today, most of the people watch a lot of videos and the increasing spending on Internet services due to the continuous advancement of high-speed networks that provide faster uploads and downloads to users is driving the market for the global SVoD market. Content providers are providing low-cost services as there are infrastructure construction and maintenance costs that drive the demand for SVoD Market.
Investors these days are starting to invest in content that is relevant or that is a growth factor for the market. The ability to stream anytime, anywhere also increases revenue and continues to grow. Consumer impatience is the biggest opportunity for growth in the subscription video demand market. Use primary sources to narrow down existing data to validate data and use it to structure a full market research study.
SVoD Market size, estimates and forecasts are provided in terms of sales volume (K units) and revenue (million USD), with historical and forecast data for the period 2017 to 2030, with 2022 being considered as the base year. This report segments the global SVoD Market in detail. Regional market sizes related to products by type, by application, and by player are also delivered. In estimating the size of the market, we took into account the impact of COVID-19 and the Russian-Ukraine war.
Key Market Updates:
- In December 2020, the publisher predicts that the number of Disney+ subscribers (294 million) will overtake Netflix as a whole (286 million) by 2026. Besides, Disney+ only has more subscribers than Netflix in one country (India). 98 million Disney+ Hotstar subscribers versus 13 million on Netflix.
- September 2021 Amazon Prime Instant Video Premium video channels infiltrate several video-on-demand channels, offering Lionsgate Play, Discovery+, Eros Now, and other services for key members.
- The April 2022 launch of Advertised Video on Demand (AVOD) service, planned by Netflix to address slowing core revenue, sent shockwaves through the subscription VOD market, which some predicted a peak but a Rethink TV study predicting a resurgence in the SVOD segment predicted. According to research, the global SVOD industry will generate up to $171 billion by 2027.
- In April 2022, Amazon Prime Video is about to take the world of live sports broadcasting by storm. Prime Video has announced another deal, this time to become the streaming home of the dominant sports franchise, the WNBA's Seattle Storm, and the first exclusive radiation of a New York Yankees game will be broadcast on the service the same day.
Major Market Segments Covered in SVoD Market Industry Research:
Market Key Players:
Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Instant Video, Globo Play, Claro Video, And Others.
- Fixed Broadband
By Revenue Model:
- Subscription VoD
- Transactional VoD
- Advertisement VoD
Based on the revenue model, the market is segmented into subscription VoD, transactional VoD, and advertising VoD. Subscription VoD is expected to govern the market over the projected period. This is mainly due to a large number of subscribers adopting over-the-top (OTT) platforms. In addition, ad-based VoD is steadily increasing due to excessive demand for commercial videos to promote products and services.
On the basis of region, the global SVoD market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World. North America is expected to account for the largest SVoD market share during the forecast period. There are a handful of players in this region, including Netflix, Amazon, and Apple, while others are focusing on advancing higher VoD services for users. The growing adoption of advanced technologies such as cloud computing and AI is driving significant increases in investment in major players. VoD platform developers use these technologies to efficiently automate the video streaming process.
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Nordic Countries
- Benelux Union
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
Significant Market Dynamics:
Trends and Opportunities
Today, the majority of individuals watch tons of videos, and the ongoing development of high-speed networks that provide users with faster uploads and downloads is driving increased spending on Internet services, which in turn is driving video-on-demand subscriptions. (SVoD) market. Demand for the global market is bolstered by the fact that content providers offer reasonably priced services despite the costs associated with maintaining and building infrastructure. Additionally, the expansion of the VOD subscription market is expected to accelerate due to the growing demand for smart TVs. Smart TVs run the Android operating system, allowing users to log in and stream content on demand.
In addition to chat services, several OTT applications also offer features such as allowing users to broadcast interesting videos, music, or local or global news to users. Usage is being accelerated by the variety of streaming alternatives available. However, in the near future, the expansion of the subscription video-on-demand business may be constrained by the high cost of content creation. In the near future, the growing number of video streaming applications is expected to expand the video-on-demand (SVoD) market.
SVoD Market report scope:
Key Takeaways from this SVoD Market Report
- Estimate SVoD Market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level - for product types, applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the supply chain in depth on the value growth at each step, in order to optimize value and bring effectiveness in your processes.
- Know the different dynamics affecting the market - challenges, key driving factors and opportunities.
- Get a quick viewpoint on the SVoD Market entropy - M&A's, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key companies for the historical 5 years.
- Estimate the supply-demand gaps, import-export data and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries worldwide for the market.
- Get complete insights on your competitor performance - market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Study the sales and distribution channels over key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
Frequently Asked Questions-
What is the CAGR of SVoD Market?
The SVoD Market is growing at a CAGR of 4.41% During Forecast Period.
What are the key types of SVoD Market?
TV, Fixed Broadband, Smartphone, Tablet
What are the key applications of SVoD Market?
Entertainment, Commercial, Others
Who are the key players in SVoD Market?
Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Instant Video, Globo Play, Claro Video, And others.