The Global Odour Control Systems Market Size Was Valued At USD 1.19 Billion In 2022 And Is Expected To Grow At A Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) Of 4.7% From 2022 To 2030.
Odour Control System Market Overview:
Odor control systems refer to agents used to control or neutralize unpleasant and unwanted odors emitted by industrial waste. These include chemical scrubbers, biological trickling filters, and carbon adsorbers to treat foul physical, biological and chemical odors resulting from the microbial degradation of organic compounds. They are typically installed in factories near residential and business areas to minimize exposure to harmful gases, vapors and odors. As a result, these systems find a wide range of applications across a variety of industries, including chemical and petrochemical, metals and mining, energy and power, oil refineries, wastewater treatment, and food and beverage.
Rapid industrialization across the globe is one of the key factors driving market growth. In addition, growing environmental consciousness among the public is also boosting the market growth. Odor control systems are increasingly being utilized across industrial facilities as they help improve the quality of the air exhausted from manufacturing plants during oil refining, chemical compounding, materials handling and agricultural processing. These systems are also installed in public toilets, bus and train stations, hospitals, shopping complexes and other spaces to minimize pungent odors and maintain public health. Compared to traditionally used activated carbon and chemical treatment, odor control systems are more cost-effective, convenient to operate and ecologically cleaner. In addition, various technological advances, such as the development of hybrid odor control systems, are acting as another growth factor. This innovative system filters the air through multiple stages to remove odorous substances and can be used as a combination variant of chemical and biological adsorption. Other factors including implementation of favorable government policies along with extensive research and development (R&D) activities are expected to further drive the market.
Odour Control System market size, estimates, and forecasts are provided in terms of sales volume (K Units) and revenue (million USD), with historical and forecast data for the period 2017 to 2030, with 2022 being considered as the base year. This report segments the global Odour Control System market in detail. Regional market sizes related to products by type, by application, and by the player are also delivered. In estimating the size of the market, we took into account the impact of COVID-19 and the Russian-Ukraine war.
Key Market Updates:
- In June 2020, CECI Environmental Corp., a leading global air quality and fluid handling technology company, completed the acquisition of Environmental Integrated Solutions Limited (EIS). The acquisition will expand the company's odor control product portfolio.
- In May 2019, Catalytic Products International (CPI) installed an 8,000 SCFM regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) at a bakery in the western United States to reduce volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
Major Segments Covered in the Global Odour Control System Market:
Market Key Players:
Babcock & Wilcox, CECO, ERG, Anguil Environmental Systems, Evoqua Water Technologies, Scotmas, Ecolab, Tholander Ablufttechnik, And Others.
Odour Control System Market by Types:
- Physical Odour Control
- Biological Odour Control
- Chemical Odour Control
Odour Control System Market by Applications:
- Waste Treatment Facilities
- Food & Beverage
- Pulp & Paper
- Chemical & Petrochemical
Odour Control System Market by Regions:
The report estimates revenue growth at the worldwide, regional, and country levels and delivers an analysis of the recent industry trends in each sub-segment from 2017 to 2030.
Asia Pacific dominated the market with a 41.8% revenue share in 2019. This is attributed to the growing demand for electricity and energy and rapid industrialization. Furthermore, the increase in toxic pollutants and exhaust emissions is creating a huge demand for odor control systems in the region. Moreover, stringent government regulations on emissions of toxic air pollutants in countries such as India and Japan further create opportunities for market growth.
Europe is expected to witness substantial growth over the forecast period, at a CAGR of over 5.0% from 2020 to 2027. The major end-use industries that contribute to ambient air pollutants include the energy and power and chemical industries. Various sources of odor generation are due to the burning of fossil fuels in power generation, industrial processes, solvent use, and waste disposal. Therefore, in order to comply with government standards for gas pollution in the environment, various industries are adopting odor control systems.
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Nordic Countries
- Benelux Union
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
Significant Market Dynamics:
The dynamics of the Odor Control Systems market are primarily influenced by a number of industry factors along with some definite points supporting innovations in the industry. Rapid industrialization, enforcement of new environmental regulations, and the presence of leading market players are some of the factors driving the odor control systems market.
The difference between BPS values observed for the odor control systems market in the first half of 2022 - the outlook for the first half of 2022 is expected to reflect a decline of 19 units. However, the market expects a 21bps decline in 1H2022 compared to 1H21. Rising adoption in industries ranging from wastewater treatment and food & beverage to petrochemical and pharmaceuticals will continue to drive the market.
Rising demand for potable water and an increasing number of wastewater and solid waste treatment facilities are expected to boost the market over the forecast period. Furthermore, the rapid penetration of automation in the industrial sector is increasing the demand for advanced and cost-effective products.
Therefore, odor control system suppliers are incorporating modern smart technologies into their products. This is expected to boost the growth of the market.
Report Scope of Global Odour Control System Market:
Points Covered in the Report
- The points that are discussed within the report are the major market players that are involved in the Market such as Market players, raw material suppliers, equipment suppliers, end users, traders, distributors and etc.
- The complete profile of the companies is mentioned. And the capacity, production, price, revenue, cost, gross, gross margin, sales volume, sales revenue, consumption, growth rate, import, export, supply, future strategies, and the technological developments that they are making are also included within the report. This report analyzed 12 years of data history and forecast.
- The growth factors of the market are discussed in detail wherein the different end users of the market are explained in detail.
- Data and information by market player, region, type, application and etc., and custom research can be added according to specific requirements.
- The report contains a SWOT analysis of the market. Finally, the report contains the conclusion part where the opinions of the industrial experts are included.
Frequently Asked Questions-
What is the CAGR of Odour Control System market?
The Odour Control System Market is growing at a CAGR of 4.7% During Forecast Period.
What are the key types and applications of Odour Control System market?
- Physical Odour Control, Biological Odour Control, Chemical Odour Control
- Waste Treatment Facilities, Food & Beverage, Pulp & Paper, Chemical & Petrochemical, Others
Who are the key players in Odour Control System market?
Babcock & Wilcox, CECO, ERG, Anguil Environmental Systems, Evoqua Water Technologies, Scotmas, Ecolab, Tholander Ablufttechnik, And others.
Any special requirements about this report, please let us know and we can provide a custom report.
Note – In order to provide a more accurate market forecast, all our reports will be updated before delivery by considering the impact of COVID-19 and the Russia-Ukraine war.