The global Omega 3 market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.7% during the forecast period from 2022 to 2030.
Omega 3 Market Overview:
There has been an increase in deaths from cardiovascular disease worldwide in recent years, which tends to boost the omega 3 market. Cardiovascular disease has increased in western sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia. Found naturally in supplements and in foods like certain fish, nuts and seeds, omega 3 fatty acids to increase the demand for omega 3 fatty acids worldwide.have long been touted for their health benefits, particularly heart health. However, increase in chronic diseases such as heart disease, arthritis, stroke and cancer is expected.
Omega 3 market size estimates and forecasts are provided in terms of sales volume (K units) and revenue (million USD), with historical and forecast data for the period 2017 to 2030, with 2022 being considered as the base year. This report segments the global Omega 3 market in detail. Regional market sizes related to products by type, by application, and by player are also delivered. In estimating the size of the market, we took into account the impact of COVID-19 and other global crisis.
Significant Omega 3 Market Dynamics and Growth Factors:
Rising health awareness of consumption Omega 3s
The omega-3 fatty acids help to reduce the risk of abnormal heartbeats or arrhythmias, which can result in the patient's sudden death. It also aids in the reduction of triglyceride levels, the slowing of the growth rate of atherosclerotic plaque, and the reduction of blood pressure. Consumers are increasingly shifting to healthier alternatives while viewing preventive care as a necessary tool to assist them in leading a healthier lifestyle. As a result, Omega 3s are becoming more popular because they are a good source of vitamins, proteins, and minerals and can help with diseases like cancer, asthma, and depression.
Marketing strategies and endorsements to boost market growth
Some of the factors that influence consumers' purchasing decisions are brand name, nutritional value, and product safety. Awareness of the benefits of omega-3-based supplements through various forms of media, including electronic and print, is also likely to influence purchasing behaviour. Fish consumption is expected to rise further, particularly in developing countries. Fish oil is the primary source of Omega 3s.
The Omega 3 market research report is categorized based on type, applications and region.
Market Key Players:
Aker BioMarine, Omega Protein, BASF, Lonza, Croda, Axellus, Martek Biosciences, BioProcess Algae, DSM, EPAX, Pronova, GC Rieber Oils, Nature Crops International, Coromega, Nordic Naturals, and others.
- Pharmaceutical Grade
- Food Grade
- Supplements & Functional Foods
- PharmaceuticalsInfant formulas
- Pet & Animal Feed
Geographically, the global Omega 3 market has been analysed in various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East & Africa (MEA).
North America accounted for largest revenue share in 2021 and is expected to register a steady growth rate during the forecast period. This can be attributed to presence of various leading omega-3 product manufacturers in countries in this region. These companies are continuously engaged in development of advanced technologies for manufacturing innovative omega-3 products such as vegetable oils infant formulas, and others at a larger scale. In addition, shifting preference of consumers from junk food to healthier food options and rising health consciousness among people are other major factors driving revenue growth of the market in this region.
The Europe market is expected to register steady revenue growth rate during the forecast period, due to rising demand for
omega-3 as an ingredient in dietary supplements and fish feed. In addition, increasing adoption of omega-3 from various end-use industries, such as pharmaceuticals, personal care products, and others, is also driving North America market revenue growth.
Further the regions are divided into countries as follows
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Nordic Countries
- Benelux Union
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
Omega 3 Market report scope
CAGR of 7.7% during the forecast period.
Pharmaceutical Grade, Food Grade
Supplements & Functional Foods, PharmaceuticalsInfant formulas, Pet & Animal Feed
Aker BioMarine, Omega Protein, BASF, Lonza, Croda, Axellus, Martek Biosciences, BioProcess Algae, DSM, EPAX, Pronova, GC Rieber Oils, Nature Crops International, Coromega, Nordic Naturals
Regions and Countries Covered
- North America: (US, Canada, Mexico, Rest of North America)
- Europe(Germany, France, Italy, Spain, UK, Nordic Countries, Benelux Union, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, Southeast Asia, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- The Middle East & Africa(Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, South Africa, Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
- Latin America(Brazil, Argentina, Rest of Latin America)
- Rest Of the World
2017 to 2022
2023 to 2030
Industry News and Key Developments
- Nature Crops International announces the launch of the industry's first functional gummy supplement containing Ahiflower oil in 2021. Ahiflower is a regeneratively grown, vegan alternative to fish and flax oil that provides the full spectrum of omega nutrition and health benefits, backed by human clinical trials and the most complete, complete Balance Omegas.
- Coromega, a Quadra Ingredients company, has announced that it will launch their first Omega-3 liquid squeeze supplement for dogs, Coromega Pup Packets, in 2021. Each Pup Packet contains 30 times the omega-3 content of typical pet chews.
- Nordic Naturals is entering the beauty category in 2021 with new skin health products. Nordic Beauty Omega-3 + Borage Oil, which combines highly concentrated EPA+DHA from fish oil and gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) from borage seed oil for comprehensive support for healthy skin, is one of those misses.
Key Takeaways from this Omega 3 Report
- Estimate Omega 3 market potential through analysing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level - for product types, applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the supply chain in depth on the value growth at each step, in order to optimize value and bring effectiveness in your processes.
- Know the different dynamics affecting the market - challenges, key driving factors and opportunities.
- Get a quick viewpoint on the Omega 3 market entropy - M&A's, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key companies for the historical 5 years.
- Estimate the supply-demand gaps, import-export data and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries worldwide for the market.
- Get complete insights on your competitor performance - market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Study the sales and distribution channels over key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
Frequently Asked Questions
At what CAGR is the Omega 3 market projected to grow in the forecast period 2022 to 2030?
What are the types of Omega 3 market?
What are the applications of Omega 3 market?
Who are the top players in Omega 3 market?
Which application segment is expected to drive the growth of the Omega 3 market in the next 5 years?
Which are the key deployments types adopting Omega 3 market?