Acne Medicine Market Size, Share & Trends Estimation Report By Type(Prescription Medicine, Over-the-counter (OTC) Medicine),By Route of Administration(Topical, Oral, Injectable),By Application(Inflammatory Acne, Non-inflammatory Acne)(), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2023 - 2030
The global Acne Medicine market size reached US$ 6.1 Billion in 2022. And it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.4% during 2022-2230.
Acne Medicine Market Overview:
The market is expected to exhibit moderate growth during the forecast period, which can be attributed to factors such as the emergence of lifestyle trends, unhealthy lifestyles, and increased morbidity.
Acne is a common dermatological condition, affecting more than 9.4 million people worldwide. Improper hormone production is the main reason. An increase in androgen (estrogen, in women) during puberty causes the onset of this condition by increasing the oil glands under the skin. This leads to excessive sebum production, which breaks down cell walls and pores leading to bacterial invasion. Although some studies show that the risk of developing acne can be increased due to genetics, some factors such as emotional stress, menstruation, hot weather and humidity, and bright jewelry can trigger mood.
Acne Medicine Market size, estimates and forecasts are provided in terms of sales volume (K units) and revenue (million USD), with historical and forecast data for the period 2017 to 2030, with 2022 being considered as the base year. This report segments the global Acne Medicine Market in detail. Regional market sizes related to products by type, by application, and by player are also delivered. In estimating the size of the market, we took into account the impact of COVID-19 and the Russian-Ukraine war.
Key Market Updates:
- In January 2022, Procter & Gamble announced the strategic acquisition of Tula Skincare, which will add the brand's wellness to its rapidly growing portfolio of prestige products, including SK-II, First Aid Beauty, Ouai Hair Care, and Farmacy Beauty.
- In November 2022, Murad Inc., a subsidiary of Unilever, launched a lineup of skincare supplement products for acne and anti-aging. These products include vegan, rejuvenating, bright + even, clear skin in gel capsules that are clinically proven for health.
- In September 2022, Beiersdorf's renowned brand, NIVEA MEN, extends its successful global partnership with Real Madrid for three more seasons, until 2025. This collaboration will strengthen our focus on digital initiatives to reach younger consumers.
Major Market Segments Covered in Acne Medicine Market Industry Research:
Market Key Players:
Allergan, Nestle (Galderma), Johnson & Johnson, Mayne Pharma, Mylan, Pfizer, Vyome Biosciences, Foamix Pharmaceuticals, Valeant Pharmaceuticals, BioPharm, And Others.
- Prescription Medicine
- Over-the-counter (OTC) Medicine
By Route of Administration:
- Inflammatory Acne
- Non-inflammatory Acne
The North American market is expected to maintain the lion's share through 2030.
North America holds the largest share of the acne treatment market and is expected to continue to dominate over the forecast period. This is attributed to factors such as an unhealthy lifestyle including the diet of the urban population leading to the prevalence of acne in this region. For example, an estimated 50 million people in the United States suffered from acne in 2021, according to the 2022 American Academy of Dermatology (AAD). Also Bausch Health Companies Inc., Mylan N.V., Pfizer Inc., and Johnson & Johnson to further drive market growth in the region.
Significant Market Dynamics:
Growing strong pipeline of acne treatments in the market is expected to drive the market growth over the forecast period. For example, in April 2021, Bausch Health Companies Inc., a global healthcare company, and Ortho Dermatologics, one of the leading prescription dermatological health care companies, reported statistically significant top-level results in their second pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial evaluating IDP-126. announced. A combination retinoid, antibacterial and antibiotic topical for the treatment of acne vulgaris in patients 9 years of age and older. If approved, the IDP-126 will be the first product to use this triple combination.
The major factors impeding the growth of the global acne treatment market are the high side effects associated with acne treatments and the increasing use of alternative treatments. Side effects of acne medications are determined by the type and intensity of treatment. For example, skin dryness and irritation are the most frequent side effects to topical acne treatments. Oral and topical drugs may have different effects but may have similar side effects. Serious side effects of acne medications include skin rash or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue, severe burning or swelling of the treated area, tightness in the throat, shortness of breath, or trouble breathing.
Acne Medicine Market report scope:
|Units||Value (USD Billion)
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 7.4% from 2023 to 2030|
|By Route of Administration:||
|By Companies||Allergan, Nestle (Galderma), Johnson & Johnson, Mayne Pharma, Mylan, Pfizer, Vyome Biosciences, Foamix Pharmaceuticals, Valeant Pharmaceuticals, BioPharm, And Others.|
|Reasons to Purchase this Report||
Crucial Points from this Acne Medicine Market Report
- Estimate Acne Medicine Market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level - for product types, applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the supply chain in depth on the value growth at each step, in order to optimize value and bring effectiveness in your processes.
- Know the different dynamics affecting the market - challenges, key driving factors and opportunities.
- Get a quick viewpoint on the Acne Medicine Market entropy - M&A's, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key companies for the historical 5 years.
- Estimate the supply-demand gaps, import-export data and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries worldwide for the market.
- Get complete insights on your competitor performance - market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Study the sales and distribution channels over key geographies to improve top-line revenues.