Aircraft Auxiliary Power Unit Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth Opportunities, Future Trends, Covid-19 Impact, SWOT Analysis, Competition and Forecasts 2022 to 2030
The Global Aircraft Auxiliary Power Unit Market Size is anticipated to reach USD 4.3 Billion by 2030, it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.20% during 2022-2030.
Aircraft Auxiliary Power Unit Market Overview:
Rapid technological advancements in this sector and competition among global market players are expected to drive the auxiliary power unit market over the forecast period. Additionally, rising e-commerce activity and widespread use of APUs across the entire trading truck are expected to boost the market over the coming years. Moreover, an increase in air travel and an increase in the requirement for electric aircraft are expected to fuel the market during the forecast years.
The COVID-19 pandemic has adversely impacted the aircraft auxiliary power unit market. Demand for new commercial aircraft has declined due to reduced passenger travel worldwide during the pandemic. Additionally, supply chain restrictions on the transportation of key components required for auxiliary power unit manufacturing have impacted the market. Nonetheless, the situation has improved in 2021 as passenger traffic has increased as several airlines have resumed aircraft deliveries and ordered new aircraft.
The need to produce aircraft that are fuel-efficient, quiet, and have low carbon emissions may drive research and development of APU technology in the future. The development of fully electric APUs has increased over the years as the electrical architecture of aircraft has increased. The benefits of using these electric APUs could provide further growth opportunities for the market in the future.
Aircraft Auxiliary Power Unit market size, estimates and forecasts are provided in terms of sales volume (K units) and revenue (million USD), with historical and forecast data for the period 2017 to 2030, with 2022 being considered as the base year. This report segments the global Aircraft Auxiliary Power Unit market in detail. Regional market sizes related to products by type, by application, and by player are also delivered. In estimating the size of the market, we took into account the impact of COVID-19 and the Russian-Ukraine war.
Key Market Updates:
- In October 2020, Honeywell International Inc. introduced a high-efficiency mode upgrade for its 131-9A auxiliary power unit for single-aisle Airbus aircraft.
- In March 2020, Honeywell International Inc. announced that it had been awarded a $72.8 million contract to develop APUs for naval aircraft. The contract included repair, replacement and support for auxiliary power units used on the P-3 Orion, C-2 Greyhound and most F/A-18 Hornet variants.
Major Market Segments Covered in Aircraft Auxiliary Power Unit Industry Research:
Market Key Players:
Honeywell International Inc. (The U.S.), Hamilton Sundstrand Corp. (The U.S.), Technodinamika (Russia), Kinetics Ltd. (Israel), Rolls-Royce plc. (England), Microturbo (France), AEGIS Power Systems, Inc. (The U.S.), Pratt & Whitney Canada Corp. (Canada), AEROSILA (Russia), Safran Power Units (France), And Others.
- Battery Power
- Electric Ground Power
- Civil Aircraft
- Military Aircraft
North America accounted for a large market share in the base year. This share is due to the presence of many aircraft manufacturers and aircraft APU manufacturers in the United States. Additionally, the US Department of Defense (DoD) spends a lot of money adopting advanced solutions for the military. Moreover, the growing adoption of HALE and MALE UAVs for military applications is expected to spur the development of modern auxiliary power units.
The European market held the second largest share in the base year, owing to increased demand for quieter aircraft APUs.
Asia Pacific witnessed strong growth in the market during the forecast period. This growth is attributed to the growing demand for commercial and military aircraft. In addition, the increase in the defense budget to strengthen the military power is supporting market growth. For example, the Indian government planned to invest $30 billion in the defense sector by 2035.
The growing interest in fuel economy management to increase the demand for electric aircraft worldwide. This factor drove the market growth in Latin America and Middle East & Africa respectively over the forecast period.
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Nordic Countries
- Benelux Union
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
Aircraft Auxiliary Power Unit Market report scope:
CAGR of 3.20% from 2022 to 2030.
Battery Power, Electric Ground Power
Civil Aircraft, Military Aircraft
Honeywell International Inc. (The U.S.), Hamilton Sundstrand Corp. (The U.S.), Technodinamika (Russia), Kinetics Ltd. (Israel), Rolls-Royce plc. (England), Microturbo (France), AEGIS Power Systems, Inc. (The U.S.), Pratt & Whitney Canada Corp. (Canada), AEROSILA (Russia), Safran Power Units (France)
Regions and Countries Covered
2017 to 2022
2023 to 2030
Crucial Points from this Aircraft Auxiliary Power Unit Report
- Estimate Aircraft Auxiliary Power Unit market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level - for product types, applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the supply chain in depth on the value growth at each step, in order to optimize value and bring effectiveness in your processes.
- Know the different dynamics affecting the market - challenges, key driving factors and opportunities.
- Get a quick viewpoint on the Aircraft Auxiliary Power Unit market entropy - M&A's, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key companies for the historical 5 years.
- Estimate the supply-demand gaps, import-export data and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries worldwide for the market.
- Get complete insights on your competitor performance - market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Study the sales and distribution channels over key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
Frequently Asked Questions-
- What is the CAGR of Aircraft Auxiliary Power Unit market?
- What are the key types of Aircraft Auxiliary Power Unit market?
- What are the key applications of Aircraft Auxiliary Power Unit market?
- Who are the key players in Aircraft Auxiliary Power Unit market?