Bar Soap Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth Opportunities, Future Trends, Covid-19 Impact, SWOT Analysis, Competition and Forecasts 2022 to 2030
The Global Bar Soap Market size was USD 2.949 billion in 2022, it is projected to grow at a CAGR of 1.1% from 2022 to 2030.
Bar Soap Market Overview:
Solid soap manufacturing is one of the oldest industries functioning in the FMCG realm. Solid soaps are often chosen over alternatives because their quality lasts longer, they are skin-friendly, and they can moisturize hands better. It is considered one of the most important household products worldwide due to its versatile use, helping to strengthen the demand for solid soap. In addition, consumption of the product is increasing because it contains less chemicals and is less damaging to the skin than other cleansing alternatives. In addition, higher utilization of products for customer use in hotels also acts as a thriving factor for increased demand. For example, in May 2019, hotel occupancy in different regions of the world is estimated at 68.1% in the Americas, 74.9% in Europe, 68.5% in Asia Pacific, and 51.7% in the Middle East.
Innovations in karat gold bar soaps specifically targeting millionaires and billionaires around the world also represent a huge opportunity for market growth. V Care's 24 Carat Gold Soap, for example, is made of microscopic colloidal gold that melts into the skin to give it a firm, radiant glow.
Growing awareness of maintaining good hygiene that helps prevent the spread of disease across the globe is acting as one of the major factors behind the growth of the market. Increased use of solid soap, especially by those who work in mining, factories, construction and other hazardous areas, helps drive consumption of the product. According to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics released in 2018, an estimated 7.2 million people are in the US construction workforce. In addition, the demand for solid soap is increasing as the generated dust and dirt particles are absorbed into the skin, increasing soil, air and water pollution. In addition, the consumption of solid soap is increasing due to the spread of Corona 19, which is acting as a factor driving the market growth.
However, alternative products that can replace solid soap, such as liquid soap and wet wipes, are acting as an obstacle to market growth. For example, liquid soaps with higher concentrations of chemicals are considered more powerful at removing germs and other impurities from the body.
Bar Soap market size, estimates and forecasts are provided in terms of sales volume (K units) and revenue (million USD), with historical and forecast data for the period 2017 to 2030, with 2022 being considered as the base year. This report segments the global Bar Soap market in detail. Regional market sizes related to products by type, by application, and by player are also delivered. In estimating the size of the market, we took into account the impact of COVID-19 and the Russian-Ukraine war.
Key Market Updates:
- In December 2017, Unilever announced the acquisition of Schmidt's Naturals, a beauty and personal care company based in Portland, Oregon, USA.
- In March 2019, the Hilton brand announced a partnership with Clean the World. One million bars of soap are expected to be recycled through this partnership.
Major Market Segments Covered in Bar Soap Industry Research:
Market Key Players:
Unilever, Procter & Gamble, Reckitt Benckiser, Johnson & Johnson, COW, Jahwa, And Others.
- Antibacterial & Deodorant
Asia Pacific is estimated to be the dominant region during the forecast period 2020-2027. By producing products at affordable prices, soap bar brands that target rural areas and those who can afford to consume help boost the demand factor. In addition, increasing government initiatives to spread awareness among citizens about disease prevention through maintaining proper hygiene are driving demand for the product. For example, according to the National Institute of Health and Family Welfare, in October 2019, the Indian government gave full support by participating in World Handwashing Day and educating citizens about the importance of handwashing.
North America is also expected to have a strong presence in the coming years due to the availability of a wide variety of products that are formulated taking into account different factors such as age group, skin sensitivity, different fragrances and more. Many people with sensitive skin in this area often choose bar soap over alternatives because it is more skin-friendly and there are limited alternatives that can harm the skin. For example, according to the US National Library of Medicine, in May 2019, 60-70% of women and 50-60% of men reported having some degree of sensitive skin. Dr. Bronner's, The Yellow Bird, Aspen Kay Naturals and others are helping to increase sales to grow the market with herbal-based products that help heal skin from scars, dark spots, acne and more.
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Nordic Countries
- Benelux Union
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
Bar Soap Market report scope:
CAGR of 1.1% from 2022 to 2030.
Moisturizing, Antibacterial & Deodorant, Hypoallergenic, Others
Unilever, Procter & Gamble, Reckitt Benckiser, Johnson & Johnson, COW, Jahwa
Regions and Countries Covered
2017 to 2022
2023 to 2030
Crucial Points from this Bar Soap Report
- Estimate Bar Soap market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level - for product types, applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the supply chain in depth on the value growth at each step, in order to optimize value and bring effectiveness in your processes.
- Know the different dynamics affecting the market - challenges, key driving factors and opportunities.
- Get a quick viewpoint on the Bar Soap market entropy - M&A's, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key companies for the historical 5 years.
- Estimate the supply-demand gaps, import-export data and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries worldwide for the market.
- Get complete insights on your competitor performance - market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Study the sales and distribution channels over key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
Frequently Asked Questions-
- What is the CAGR of Bar Soap market?
- What are the key types of Bar Soap market?
- What are the key applications of Bar Soap market?
- Who are the key players in Bar Soap market?