The Global Cat Food Market Size Was Valued At USD 27,789.5 Million In 2022 And Is Expected To Reach USD 41,924.6 Million By 2030, At A CAGR Of 4.4% From 2022 To 2030.
Cat Food Market Overview:
Cats require specific nutrients such as amino acids, vitamins, proteins and minerals to meet their energy and dietary needs. Cat food is specially designed for kittens and adult cats to ensure optimal metabolism and overall health. Amino acids such as taurine and arginine in cat food are essential for normal heart function, normal vision and reproduction. These amino acids are usually found in fresh meat and animal meat. Cats cannot produce the amino acids they need to survive. Therefore, cat owners prefer cat food to maintain overall health and meet their nutritional needs.
Cat Food market size, estimates, and forecasts are provided in terms of sales volume (K Units) and revenue (million USD), with historical and forecast data for the period 2017 to 2030, with 2022 being considered as the base year. This report segments the global Cat Food market in detail. Regional market sizes related to products by type, by application, and by the player are also delivered. In estimating the size of the market, we took into account the impact of COVID-19 and the Russian-Ukraine war.
Key Market Updates:
- In January 2022, Mars Petcare acquired Nom Nom Now, a Tennessee-based direct-to-consumer fresh pet food brand, and will integrate the brand into its Royal Canin division. NomNomNow, under the brand name Nom Nom, sells fresh food, treats and supplements for cats.
- In November 2021, Hill's Pet Nutrition and the Boulder-based leader in the manufacture of meat proteins through fermentation for pet food applications announced an industry-first partnership to develop one of Hill's most popular meat proteins A substitute specifically designed to meet the dietary needs of cats.
- In December 2021, Beaphar acquired ultra-premium pet food company Pet Food UK from Piper. It owns the main brands, "Barking Heads" for dogs and "Meowing Heads" for cats. The acquisition strengthens the company's existing product portfolio and distribution channels
Major Segments Covered in the Global Cat Food Market:
Market Key Players:
Blue Buffalo, Mars, Nestle, The J.M. Smucker Comapany, Well Pet, And Others.
Cat Food Market by Types:
- Wet Cat Food
- Dry Cat Food
- Cat Treats
Cat Food Market by Applications:
- Online Retail
- Offline Retail
Cat Food Market by Regions:
The report estimates revenue growth at the worldwide, regional, and country levels and delivers an analysis of the recent industry trends in each sub-segment from 2017 to 2030.
Europe continues to dominate the global cat food market. According to several studies, the popularity of cats in the region has continued to increase over the last century. Due to the relative ease of owning a cat in the modern lifestyle, more people own cats than dogs. Dry food, wet food and semi-moist food are the main types of commercially available cat food.
Germany, the EU's largest economy, is a huge and promising market for cat food. German industry, although growing steadily, is mature and somewhat saturated. German cat owners tend to use "humane" products to care for their cats, and in response, manufacturers have developed premium cat foods that focus on health and wellness. Trends in cat food often mirror those in human nutrition. As consumers prepare to spend more on pet food that is healthy, nutritious and enhances their lives, companies are offering a growing range of premium products. For example, in 2020, German pet treat company Gimborn launched a range of functional pet treats. These products include squeezable oil-based liquid treats, chewables and crunchy treats for cats. The consumption trend of keeping cats is driving the premiumization of cat food, which is expected to expand the cat food market over the forecast period.
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Nordic Countries
- Benelux Union
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
Significant Market Dynamics:
Rising number of pet owners, especially cat owners, across the globe is a key factor driving market growth. Cats are one of the most popular pets among millions of people around the world, and as carnivores, cats require specific nutrients to survive and be healthy. Therefore, in order to meet the nutritional needs of cats, the demand for cat food is increasing rapidly in various regions. This factor is expected to drive the market growth over the forecast period. In addition, rising levels of disposable income and growing concerns about pet health and dietary requirements are also key factors driving market growth over the next few years.
Report Scope of Global Cat Food Market:
CAGR of 4.4% from 2022 to 2030.
Wet Cat Food, Dry Cat Food, Cat Treats
Online Retail, Offline Retail
Blue Buffalo, Mars, Nestle, The J.M. Smucker Comapany, Well Pet
Regions and Countries Covered
- North America: (US, Canada, Mexico, Rest of North America)
- Europe(Germany, France, Italy, Spain, UK, Nordic Countries, Benelux Union, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, Southeast Asia, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- The Middle East & Africa(Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, South Africa, Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
- Latin America(Brazil, Argentina, Rest of Latin America)
- Rest Of the World
2017 to 2022
2023 to 2030
Points Covered in the Report
- The points that are discussed within the report are the major market players that are involved in the Market such as Market players, raw material suppliers, equipment suppliers, end users, traders, distributors and etc.
- The complete profile of the companies is mentioned. And the capacity, production, price, revenue, cost, gross, gross margin, sales volume, sales revenue, consumption, growth rate, import, export, supply, future strategies, and the technological developments that they are making are also included within the report. This report analyzed 12 years of data history and forecast.
- The growth factors of the market are discussed in detail wherein the different end users of the market are explained in detail.
- Data and information by market player, region, type, application and etc., and custom research can be added according to specific requirements.
- The report contains a SWOT analysis of the market. Finally, the report contains the conclusion part where the opinions of the industrial experts are included.
Frequently Asked Questions-
What is the CAGR of Cat Food market?
The Cat Food Market is growing at a CAGR of 4.4% During Forecast Period.
What are the key types and applications of Cat Food market?
- Wet Cat Food, Dry Cat Food, Cat Treats
- Online Retail, Offline Retail
Who are the key players in Cat Food market?
Blue Buffalo, Mars, Nestle, The J.M. Smucker Comapany, Well Pet, And others.
Any special requirements about this report, please let us know and we can provide a custom report.
Note – In order to provide a more accurate market forecast, all our reports will be updated before delivery by considering the impact of COVID-19 and the Russia-Ukraine war.