The global Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) Market size was valued at USD 9000 million in 2022 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.7% during the forecast period 2022 to 2030.
Deep Packet Inspection Market Overview:
Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) is a type of computer network packet filtering that inspects data, including the headers, of data packets as they pass through inspection points. The global network security market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.71% through 2016. However, as data security threats continue to increase, the growth rate of the DPI market is expected to accelerate further. Some of the major drivers for market growth are increasing IP traffic due to adoption of high-speed broadband worldwide, increasing mobile device penetration, and intense competition among network service providers. However, privacy and network neutrality concerns, lack of DPI awareness and availability of open source DPI are some of the major restraints for market growth. The DPI market is segmented on the basis of product, end user, and region.
Deep Packet Inspection market size estimates and forecasts are provided in terms of sales volume (K units) and revenue (million USD), with historical and forecast data for the period 2017 to 2030, with 2022 being considered as the base year. This report segments the global Deep Packet Inspection market in detail. Regional market sizes related to products by type, by application, and by player are also delivered. In estimating the size of the market, we took into account the impact of COVID-19 and other global crisis.
- In June 2019, Extreme Networks acquired Aerohive Networks. Aerohive Networks is a California-based computer networking equipment company, which offers solutions to medium-sized and large businesses. With this acquisition, Extreme Networks can diversify cloud and on-premises wired and wireless technologies to customers and partners.
- In February 2019, Cisco completed the acquisition of Singularity Networks, a network infrastructure analytics company. This acquisition will help Cisco provide improved network performance, cost- efficiency, more visibility, and less downtime to its clients.
- In August 2018, IBM collaborated with CenturyLink to enhance customer user experience across enterprises. The collaboration would integrate IBM’s Cloud Direct Link with CenturyLink’s Cloud Connect solutions. It would help both the companies’ customers access IBM’s cloud infrastructure through CenturyLink’s Direct Link connect and Direct Link dedicated options.
The Deep Packet Inspection market research report is categorized based on type, applications and region.
Market Key Players:
IBM, Cisco Systems, Extreme Networks, Juniper Networks, Symantec, SolarWinds, Viavi Solutions, NetScout, LogRhythm, Qosmos, and others.
By Installation Type:
- Standalone DPI
- Integrated DPI
- Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance (BFSI)
- Government and Defense
- IT and Telecom
By Deployment Mode
By Organization Size
- Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs)
- Large Enterprises
Geographically, the global Deep Packet Inspection market has been analysed in various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East & Africa (MEA).
North America holds the largest market share due to increasing internet usage, adoption of cloud infrastructure and application of IoT solutions.
The deep packet inspection (DPI) market in the United States is estimated at USD 3.4 billion in 2020. China, the world's second-largest economy during 2022-2030. Among other notable geographic markets are Japan and Canada, which are projected to grow at 5.7% and 6.6%, respectively, over the 2022-2030 period. Within Europe, Germany is expected to grow at around 5.98% CAGR.
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Nordic Countries
- Benelux Union
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
Deep Packet Inspection Market report scope
CAGR of 5.7% from 2022 to 2030.
Standalone DPI, Integrated DPI
Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance (BFSI), Government and Defense, Healthcare, IT and Telecom, Manufacturing
IBM, Cisco Systems, Extreme Networks, Juniper Networks, Symantec, SolarWinds, Viavi Solutions, NetScout, LogRhythm, Qosmos
Regions and Countries Covered
- North America: (US, Canada, Mexico, Rest of North America)
- Europe(Germany, France, Italy, Spain, UK, Nordic Countries, Benelux Union, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, Southeast Asia, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- The Middle East & Africa(Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, South Africa, Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
- Latin America(Brazil, Argentina, Rest of Latin America)
- Rest Of the World
2017 to 2022
2023 to 2030
Key Takeaways from this Deep Packet Inspection Report
- Estimate Deep Packet Inspection market potential through analysing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level - for product types, applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the supply chain in depth on the value growth at each step, in order to optimize value and bring effectiveness in your processes.
- Know the different dynamics affecting the market - challenges, key driving factors and opportunities.
- Get a quick viewpoint on the Deep Packet Inspection market entropy - M&A's, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key companies for the historical 5 years.
- Estimate the supply-demand gaps, import-export data and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries worldwide for the market.
- Get complete insights on your competitor performance - market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Study the sales and distribution channels over key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
Frequently Asked Questions
At what CAGR is the Deep Packet Inspection market projected to grow in the forecast period 2022 to 2030?
What are the types of Deep Packet Inspection market?
What are the applications of Deep Packet Inspection market?
Who are the top players in Deep Packet Inspection market?
Which application segment is expected to drive the growth of the Deep Packet Inspection market in the next 5 years?
Which are the key deployments types adopting Deep Packet Inspection market?