Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM) Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth Opportunities, Future Trends, Covid-19 Impact, SWOT Analysis, Competition and Forecasts 2022 to 2030
The global Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM) Market size is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.0% from 2022 to 2030, reaching USD 10.3 billion.
Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM) Market Overview:
Dynamic Random Access Memory, or DRAM, is a type of semiconductor memory that stores the program code that a computer processor needs to run. It is a common type of random access memory used in personal computers, servers, and workstations. Random access allows a PC processor to freely access any part of memory directly, rather than sequentially from a starting location. Located close to your computer's processor, RAM allows faster access to data than any other storage medium, such as a solid-state drive or hard drive.
The main advantage of DRAM is that it is simple in design and requires only one transistor. It is also cost-effective and offers high density levels compared to SRAM. Its memory can be refreshed or deleted to store more data. The downside of DRAM is that its memory is volatile; power consumption is also high relative to other options. The product manufacturing is complicated, the data in the storage unit needs to be refreshed, and the speed is slower than SRAM. Demand for low power consumption and high performance DRAM in mobile devices presents a significant growth opportunity for the DRAM market.
Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM) market size estimates and forecasts are provided in terms of sales volume (K units) and revenue (million USD), with historical and forecast data for the period 2017 to 2030, with 2022 being considered as the base year. This report segments the global Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM) market in detail. Regional market sizes related to products by type, by application, and by player are also delivered. In estimating the size of the market, we took into account the impact of COVID-19 and other global crisis.
The global Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM) market is the professional and accurate study of various business perspectives such as major key players, key geographies, divers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges. This global research report has been aggregated on the basis of various market segments and sub-segments associated with the global market.
Industry News and Key Developments
- In November 2021, Micron Technology Inc. announced that MediaTek Inc. had validated its low power double data rate DRAM 5X (LPDDR5X) for MediaTek's new flagship Dimensity 9000 5G chipset for smartphones. It is designed for flagship and high-end smartphones; Micron announced that LPDDR5X enables the smartphone ecosystem to unlock the next wave of data-intensive applications driven by artificial intelligence (AI) and 5G innovation.
- In November 2021, Samsung announced the release of LPDDR5X DRAM chips for smartphones and other devices. The release could bring efficiency and performance improvements to the company's portfolio of high-performance DRAM chips. According to the company, the new LPDDR5X DRAM would achieve 1.3 times faster processing speeds and consume nearly 20% less power than the older LPDDR5 standard.
- In June 2021, Samsung announced the mass production of its new UFS-based LPDDR5 memory module (uMCP). It combines the fastest LPDDR5 DRAM with the latest UFS 3.1 NAND flash in a single chassis, delivering flagship performance for mid-range mobile devices.
- In July 2021, Micron Technology developed 176-layer NAND memory, which it incorporates into products such as DRAM and PCIe 4.0 SSDs. It announced that it is also ready to ship new UFS 3.1 storage modules with this property. Its new offerings are meant to be used like the internal storage found in smartphones, and judging by their specs, they could be targeted for high-end models in the near future. Micron claims that its sequential write and random read speeds are 75% faster than its predecessor, and its overall mixed workload performance is increased by 15% compared to it.
Top Key Players include in the Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM) Market are
SK Hynix(Korea), Micron Technology(US), Samsung(Korea), Nanya Technology Corporation (Taiwan), Winbond Electronics Corporation (Taiwan), Powerchip Technology Corporation (Taiwan), Intel Corporation (US), Texas Instruments (US), and others.
The Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM) market research report is categorized based on type, applications and region.
On the Basis of Type:
- Module DRAM
- Component DRAM
- Consumer Products
- Other Applications
On the Basis of Region:
Geographically, the global Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM) market has been analyzed in various regions such as North America, Latin America, Middle East, Asia-Pacific, Africa, Europe, and India. The global Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM) region is dominating this market in the upcoming future.
Asia Pacific holds a larger share of the dynamic random access memory market during the forecast period. The demand for semiconductors in the region is driven by product strengths. The dynamic random access memory market in the region is being indirectly driven by the rapid adoption of mobile devices in emerging countries such as India. South Korea maintains nearly half of the world's DRAM chip production capacity, and is the country most dependent on U.S. DRAM chips. Furthermore, approximately half of the world's manufacturing is produced in China and Taiwan.
With the cost of importing almost all of its needs so high, China has begun working on becoming self-sufficient in semiconductors. If the domestic semiconductor business is expanded by taking advantage of the benefits of international trade, it will save money and develop into a prosperous country in the long run. By 2025, China will produce 70% of chips. Given the current ratio (thought to be between 10% and 30%), Chinese companies rely on and have access to foreign chipmakers.
Further the regions are divided into countries as follows
- North America
- Rest of North America
- The Netherlands
- Nordic Countries
- Benelux Union
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM) Market report scope
CAGR of 5.0% during the forecast period.
Module DRAM, Component DRAM
Automotive, Smartphones/Tablets, Consumer Products, Graphics, Datacenter, PC/Laptop, and Other Applications.
SK Hynix(Korea), Micron Technology(US), Samsung(Korea), Nanya Technology Corporation (Taiwan), Winbond Electronics Corporation (Taiwan), Powerchip Technology Corporation (Taiwan), Intel Corporation (US), Texas Instruments (US)
Regions and Countries Covered
2017 to 2022
2023 to 2030
The major key questions addressed through this innovative research report:
What are the major challenges in front of the global Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM) market?
Who are the key vendors of the global Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM) market?
What are the leading key industries of the global Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM) market?
Which factors are responsible for driving the global Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM) market?
What are the key outcomes of SWOT and Porter’s five analysis?
What are the major key strategies for enhancing global opportunities?
What are the different effective sales patterns?
What will be the global market size in the forecast period?
Any special requirements about this report, please let us know and we can provide custom report.