The Global Electrolytic Manganese Dioxide Market was valued at USD 1940.00 million in 2021 and is expected to reach USD 3698.59 million by 2029, registering a CAGR of 8.40% during the forecast period of 2022 to 2029.
Electrolytic Manganese Dioxide (EMD) Market Overview:
High demand for batteries such as zinc-carbon, alkaline and lithium-ion batteries in various end-use segments such as electricity and automotive is expected to drive the growth.
The lithiated manganese dioxide (LMD) battery is one of the most substantial advancements the electrolytic manganese dioxide (EMD) market has ever experienced. It is a blend of 61% manganese, 4% lithium, and 35% oxygen by weight and offers several benefits, including high power, thermal stability, and improved safety, making it increasingly in demand by manufacturers producing electric vehicles.
One in three electric vehicles worldwide is made in the United States, and EMD is used in negative batteries. Growing stringent regulations regarding water treatment is expected to drive the demand for water treatment systems in the future and will fuel the growth of the electrolytic manganese dioxide market in the near future.
Alkaline batteries are also expected to witness growth in this developed economy due to their various advantages such as enormous capacity and excellent shelf life over a wide range of current consumption. The United States is currently the largest market for water treatment systems and is expected to witness higher growth in the coming years.
Growing demand for handheld devices is expected to positively impact the growth of the EMD market. Batteries have the potential to absorb damage and fluctuations and provide a continuous power supply to electrical and electronic devices. Growing demand for power backup in emerging economies such as Vietnam, China, and India will accelerate in the coming years.
Electrolytic Manganese Dioxide (EMD) market size, estimates and forecasts are provided in terms of sales volume (K units) and revenue (million USD), with historical and forecast data for the period 2017 to 2030, with 2022 being considered as the base year. This report segments the global Electrolytic Manganese Dioxide (EMD) market in detail. Regional market sizes related to products by type, by application, and by player are also delivered. In estimating the size of the market, we took into account the impact of COVID-19 and the Russian-Ukraine war.
Key Market Updates:
- In February 2018, Tronox LLC, a global mining and inorganic chemicals company, sold certain assets and liabilities of Henderson-based Electrolytic Operations of Nevadato EMD Acquisition LLC.
- In July 2019, India reduced the Goods and Services Tax (GST) on electric vehicles and chargers to 5% from the previous GST of 12% and 18%. Local authorities in India are also exempt from GST if they hire electric buses with 12 or more seats.
- In July 2019, Western Farmers Electric Cooperative entered into a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) with NextEra Energy Resources to combine wind, solar and energy storage projects. The PPA includes a 200 MW, 4-hour battery storage project and is scheduled to begin operation by the end of 2023.
Major Market Segments Covered in Electrolytic Manganese Dioxide (EMD) Industry Research:
Market Key Players:
Tosoh(JP), ERACHEM Comilog(FR), Tronox Limited(US), Cegasa(ES), Mesa Minerals Limited(AU), Golden Mile GmbH(DE), And Others.
- Alkaline Battery Grade
- Zinc Manganese Battery Grade
- Lithium-Ion Battery Grade
- Water Treatment
North America accounted for the largest market share, accounting for $565.8 million in 2018. This region is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period. Electrolytic manganese dioxide is mainly used for the cathode of batteries for power generation, which is driving regional demand for primary and secondary batteries, especially for electric vehicles. These are the most substantial dynamics expected to propel the market during the forecast period.
Europe is expected to reach USD 346.9 million by 2025, driven by growing demand for EVs and battery-powered electronic devices. European governments are steadily investing in lithium-ion battery charging stations to increase vehicle sustainability, which is expected to play a pivotal role in increasing demand for battery-powered vehicles in the future.
Asia Pacific accounted for 34.0% of the EMD market share in 2018 and is expected to gain traction during the forecast period due to surge in demand from battery applications. Accelerating demand for electronics is expected to propel the regional market over the projected period.
- North America
- Rest of North America
- The Netherlands
- Nordic Countries
- Benelux Union
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
Electrolytic Manganese Dioxide (EMD) Market report scope:
CAGR of 8.40% from 2022 to 2030.
Alkaline Battery Grade, Zinc Manganese Battery Grade, Lithium-Ion Battery Grade
|Batteries, Water Treatment
Tosoh(JP), ERACHEM Comilog(FR), Tronox Limited(US), Cegasa(ES), Mesa Minerals Limited(AU), Golden Mile GmbH(DE)
Regions and Countries Covered
- North America: (US, Canada, Mexico, Rest of North America)
- Europe(Germany, France, Italy, Spain, UK, Nordic Countries, Benelux Union, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, Southeast Asia, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- The Middle East & Africa(Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, South Africa, Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
- Latin America(Brazil, Argentina, Rest of Latin America)
- Rest Of the World
2017 to 2022
2023 to 2030
Crucial Points from this Electrolytic Manganese Dioxide (EMD) Report
- Estimate Electrolytic Manganese Dioxide (EMD) market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level - for product types, applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the supply chain in depth on the value growth at each step, in order to optimize value and bring effectiveness in your processes.
- Know the different dynamics affecting the market - challenges, key driving factors and opportunities.
- Get a quick viewpoint on the Electrolytic Manganese Dioxide (EMD) market entropy - M&A's, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key companies for the historical 5 years.
- Estimate the supply-demand gaps, import-export data and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries worldwide for the market.
- Get complete insights on your competitor performance - market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Study the sales and distribution channels over key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
Frequently Asked Questions-
- What is the CAGR of Electrolytic Manganese Dioxide (EMD) market?
- What are the key types of Electrolytic Manganese Dioxide (EMD) market?
- What are the key applications of Electrolytic Manganese Dioxide (EMD) market?
- Who are the key players in Electrolytic Manganese Dioxide (EMD) market?