The Global Ethyl Tert-Butyl Ether Market Is Projected To Grow At A Rate Of 9.3% In Value, To Reach USD 9.13 Billion From 2023 To 2030.
Ethyl Tert-Butyl Ether (ETBE) Market Overview:
Ethyl tert-butyl ether (ETBE) is formed by the reaction of isobutylene (57%) and ethanol (43%). Ethyl tert-butyl ether is used as an oxygenate and octane booster in gasoline production. It is mainly used as a fuel component in industrial fuels. Ethyl tert-butyl ether contains raw materials produced from renewable resources; therefore, it produces lower carbon dioxide emissions than methyl tert-butyl ether (MTBE), helping to mitigate climate change. Ethyl tert-butyl ether (ETBE) is a colorless, highly flammable, semi-water-soluble, volatile industrial and commercial chemical derived from a mixture of isobutylene and ethanol, with a strong distinctive or sweet odour. T-Butyl ethyl ether is another trade name for this compound. Ethyl tert-butyl ether is mainly used in the manufacture of gasoline as an octane number enhancer and oxygen enhancer. ETBE is one of the world's leading gasoline octane improvers after methanol. ETBE is highly preferred in the case of higher octane gasoline grades due to its high octane number. Functional fluids, laboratory chemicals, pharmacological uses, industrial lubricants, consumer plastics, industrial chemicals, etc. are some of the applications where it is widely used.
Ethyl Tert-Butyl Ether (ETBE) market size, estimates, and forecasts are provided in terms of sales volume (K Units) and revenue (million USD), with historical and forecast data for the period 2017 to 2030, with 2022 being considered as the base year. This report segments the global Ethyl Tert-Butyl Ether (ETBE) market in detail. Regional market sizes related to products by type, by application, and by the player are also delivered. In estimating the size of the market, we took into account the impact of COVID-19 and the Russian-Ukraine war.
Key Market Updates:
- In July 2017, LyondellBasell announced that it will build the world's largest tertiary butanol (TBA) and propylene oxide (PO) plant in Texas, USA. When construction is complete, the plant will produce 1 million metric tons of tert-butanol per year.
Major Segments Covered in the Global Ethyl Tert-Butyl Ether (ETBE) Market:
Market Key Players:
Lyondell Basell, Total, Repsol, Braskem, Evonik, Miro, Eni, SABIC, CEPSA (Abengoa), ORLEN, Neste Oil, PCK Raffinerie, JX Nippon Oil & Energy, Cosmo Oil, Borealis, Bayernoil., And Others.
Ethyl Tert-Butyl Ether (ETBE) Market by Types:
- ETBE from Bioethanol
- ETBE from Synthetic Ethanol
Ethyl Tert-Butyl Ether (ETBE) Market by Applications:
- Gasoline Additives
Ethyl Tert-Butyl Ether (ETBE) Market by Regions:
The report estimates revenue growth at the worldwide, regional, and country levels and delivers an analysis of the recent industry trends in each sub-segment from 2017 to 2030.
Asia Pacific will hold a significant share in the global Ethyl tert-butyl ether market Regionally, the global Ethyl tert-butyl ether market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa Asia Pacific. Market in 2019, due to increased consumption of ethyl tert-butyl ether in the region. Increasing demand for industrial chemical derivatives and organic compounds across various industries is driving the market in this segment. North America is estimated to account for a significant share of the global ethyl tert-butyl ether market during the forecast period. The growth of the European market can be attributed to the increasing consumption of ethanol in the region. Moreover, the presence of large chemical manufacturers in Germany and France is driving the demand for ethyl tert-butyl ether in Europe.
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Nordic Countries
- Benelux Union
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
Significant Market Dynamics:
Growth in gasoline-powered applications drives demand for ethyl tert-butyl ether Rising demand for organic solvents used in industrial and commercial chemical industries also drives demand for ethyl tert-butyl ether
Ethyl tert-butyl ether is increasingly used to produce isobutylene, which is used in butyl rubber and ethyl methacrylate processing. Increasing restrictions on the use of methyl tert-butyl ether (MTBE) in gasoline production in several countries across the globe is driving the ethyl tert-butyl ether market. The fluctuation of raw material price is the key factor restricting the producers of ethyl tert-butyl ether. The COVID-19 pandemic has adversely affected the industrial supply chain of ethyl tert-butyl ether. Supply shortages have also led to higher raw material prices. Industrial shutdowns caused by the pandemic have disrupted industrial manufacturing operations. This has also negatively impacted the demand for ethyl tert-butyl ether in various end-use industries. Affected downstream supply chains may take longer to recover. The industrial shutdown also hampered product and inventory shipments, as logistics services were adversely affected.
Report Scope of Global Ethyl Tert-Butyl Ether (ETBE) Market:
CAGR of 9.3% from 2022 to 2030.
ETBE from Bioethanol, ETBE from Synthetic Ethanol
Gasoline Additives, Bio-Gasoline, Other
Lyondell Basell, Total, Repsol, Braskem, Evonik, Miro, Eni, SABIC, CEPSA (Abengoa), ORLEN, Neste Oil, PCK Raffinerie, JX Nippon Oil & Energy, Cosmo Oil, Borealis, Bayernoil.
Regions and Countries Covered
- North America: (US, Canada, Mexico, Rest of North America)
- Europe(Germany, France, Italy, Spain, UK, Nordic Countries, Benelux Union, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, Southeast Asia, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- The Middle East & Africa(Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, South Africa, Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
- Latin America(Brazil, Argentina, Rest of Latin America)
- Rest Of the World
2017 to 2022
2023 to 2030
Points Covered in the Report
- The points that are discussed within the report are the major market players that are involved in the Market such as Market players, raw material suppliers, equipment suppliers, end users, traders, distributors and etc.
- The complete profile of the companies is mentioned. And the capacity, production, price, revenue, cost, gross, gross margin, sales volume, sales revenue, consumption, growth rate, import, export, supply, future strategies, and the technological developments that they are making are also included within the report. This report analyzed 12 years of data history and forecast.
- The growth factors of the market are discussed in detail wherein the different end users of the market are explained in detail.
- Data and information by market player, region, type, application and etc., and custom research can be added according to specific requirements.
- The report contains a SWOT analysis of the market. Finally, the report contains the conclusion part where the opinions of the industrial experts are included.
Frequently Asked Questions-
What is the CAGR of Ethyl Tert-Butyl Ether (ETBE) market?
The Ethyl Tert-Butyl Ether (ETBE) Market is growing at a CAGR of 9.3% During Forecast Period.
What are the key types and applications of Ethyl Tert-Butyl Ether (ETBE) market?
- ETBE from Bioethanol, ETBE from Synthetic Ethanol
- Gasoline Additives, Bio-Gasoline, Other
Who are the key players in Ethyl Tert-Butyl Ether (ETBE) market?
Lyondell Basell, Total, Repsol, Braskem, Evonik, Miro, Eni, SABIC, CEPSA (Abengoa), ORLEN, Neste Oil, PCK Raffinerie, JX Nippon Oil & Energy, Cosmo Oil, Borealis, Bayernoil., And others.
Any special requirements about this report, please let us know and we can provide a custom report.
Note – In order to provide a more accurate market forecast, all our reports will be updated before delivery by considering the impact of COVID-19 and the Russia-Ukraine war.