The Global Explosive Detectors market size was valued at US$ 5.97 Billion in 2022 and to reach US$11.10 Billion by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 8.2% from 2023 to 2030.
Explosive Detectors Market Overview:
Explosive detection is a high-tech, non-destructive way to find out if something is explosive. There are two ways to find explosives: bulk detection and trace detection. Technologies based on X-rays are used to find explosive materials in bulk. Trace detection is a way to find explosives based on their chemicals by collecting and analysing tiny amounts of explosive particles. In the security check-in area of both an international airport and a domestic airport, explosive detectors are used.
The use of more and more automatic security equipment is expected to drive the market. It is used to find out if small objects have explosives in them. Also, the rise of terrorist acts around the world is expected to help the market. The next big thing for the market is the development of more reliable and cost-effective explosive detectors. But growing cyber threats and less money spent by the government on explosive detectors are slowing the growth of the market.
Top Impacting Factors
The explosive detector market is growing because there are more terrorist attacks around the world and because governments require more and better security checks, especially at important places like airports and train stations. While homemade explosives and the chance that the device won't work affect public safety and slow market growth. On the other hand, strict government rules about safety measures in dangerous places are likely to create a good chance for the explosive detector market to grow.
Some major factors impacting the explosive detector market growth are given below:
Increase in terror activities
With the number of terrorist attacks rising around the world, it is now required that everyone's belongings be checked before they can go to a public event like an award show or a meeting of important people. This is done so that attacks are less likely to happen. As the number of terrorist attacks rises every year, it has become very important to protect important places. This has led to the need to screen objects in public places and at public gatherings. Also, explosive detectors are widely accepted and used these days because terrorists are always a threat.
Government regulations for enhanced and effective security
With more construction and development of important buildings like airports and train stations in both developing and developed countries, as well as the fact that governments around the world are requiring explosive detectors to be installed in these places to reduce the risk of dangerous situations, the market for explosive detectors is expected to grow. The main reason why the market will grow even more is that infrastructure is being built quickly in developing countries.
Increase in government funding in the Aerospace & Defense Sector
Over the past few years, countries like Russia, China, India, Saudi Arabia, and Oman have increased their defence spending by a lot. There are more and more explosive detectors on the market for aerospace and aviation products. The importance of air travel is expected to grow quickly, and the air cargo business is also expected to grow. To stay competitive on a global scale, the aerospace industry needs to spend a lot of money on research and development (R&D). In the aerospace and defence industry, the amount of intelligence data from many different bands and media (such as visual, radar, signals, emissions, infrared, ultraviolet, and others) is exploding, which means it needs to be analysed quickly using signal analysis. In aerospace radar signal applications, this sector is using more explosive detectors that can measure at a higher frequency and faster speed. This is expected to boost the explosive detector market.
Disadvantages and hazards in using lasers for explosives detection and improvised explosives
The laser explosive detectors are big and not stable enough to be used outside, i.e. in the field. Also, gadgets that use LASER technology are too expensive to use. Another problem with these detectors is that they might set off the explosive while they are being checked. This could end up killing someone. Over time, terrorist groups have changed the explosives they use so that they are easy to get past the security check done by explosive detectors. Also, each terrorist group has its own kind of explosives. Also, if these explosives aren't found, it will cause chaos and things that are hard to imagine. These things could hurt the growth of the market in a way that won't go away.
The global explosive detectors market is split up by technology, product type, verticals, and geography. Trace detectors and bulk detectors are the two main types of explosive detectors based on how they work. Trace detectors are usually used to find something that can't be seen with the naked eye. On the other hand, bulk detectors are used to find things that can be seen with the naked eye.
The market is divided into four groups based on the type of product: vehicle-mounted, handheld, robotics, and biosensors. The global explosive detectors market is also split into verticals, which include military and defence, transportation and logistics, aviation, public places, and the retail, healthcare, hospitality, and institutional sectors.
During the Forecast period, North America is anticipated to be the largest market by region.
Geographically, the global explosive detectors market is split into Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East and Africa. North America is expected to have a high rate of adoption for explosive detectors in a number of different vertical markets. The explosive detectors market in North America is growing because there are a lot of security companies and there are more and more threats. A growing number of terrorist attacks and a high rate of immigration are also expected to make Europe a good place for the explosive detectors market to grow.
During the period covered by the forecast, Asia-Pacific is expected to grow the fastest. China might have more explosive detectors because the government is doing more things. In China, the market is expected to grow as more attention is paid to airport security. Due to the rise in terrorist activities in France, Europe will have a large share of the market over the next few years. In the Middle East and Africa, the market is being driven by the international airport in South America and the Middle East and Africa, where infrastructure is being built.
Players with a big share of the explosive detector market include Westminster International Ltd., Analogic Corporation, Chemring group PLC, FLIR Systems, Inc., NOVO DR Ltd., L-3 Technologies, Inc., Cobham PLC, Nuctech Company Ltd., OSI Systems, Inc., and Smiths Detection, which are profiled in this report. The explosive detector industry key market players adopt various strategies such as product launch, product development, collaboration, partnership, and others to influence the market growth.
- In September 2019, UK-based Smiths Detection and the US Transportation Security Administration has secured a contract with a valuation of USD 96.8 million to supply checkpoint CT systems. In this contract technologically advanced X-ray programme is used to identify the explosive components.
- In April 2019, German based Smiths Detection’s distributor Dainippon has secured a contract with Ezeiza International Airport (Argentina) to deliver a high-speed explosives detection system.
- In July 2017, OSI Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: OSIS) today announced that it has completed its previously announced acquisition of the former Morpho global explosive trace detection (ETD) business from Smiths Group plc for $75.5 million in cash, subject to a net working capital adjustment.
- Trace Detectors
- Bulk Detectors
By Product Type
- Military and Defense
- Cargo and Transport
- Public Places
- Westminster International Ltd.
- Analogic Corporation
- Chemring group PLC
- FLIR Systems, Inc.
- NOVO DR Ltd.
- L-3 Technologies, Inc.
- Cobham PLC
- Nuctech Company Ltd.
- OSI Systems, Inc.
- Smiths Detection
Overview of the regional outlook of the Explosive Detectors Market:
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Nordic Countries
- Benelux Union
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market based on segmentation involving both economic and non-economic factors;
- Provision of market value (USD Billion) data for each segment and sub-segment;
- Indicates the region and segment that is expected to witness the fastest growth and to dominate the market;
- Analysis by geography highlighting the consumption of the product/service in the region as well as indicating the market's dominance by region;
- Analysis by product/service type
- Competitive landscape that includes the market ranking of the top competitors, as well as new service/product launches, collaborations, business expansions, and acquisitions of companies featured during the previous five years
- Extensive company profiles with business overview, company insights, product benchmarking, and SWOT analysis for the leading market players
- The current and future market outlook of the industry in light of recent developments (which include growth opportunities and drivers as well as challenges and restraints of both emerging and developed regions)
- Includes an in-depth analysis of the market from multiple perspectives using Porter's five forces analysis Provides market insight across the Value Chain
- Market dynamics situation, as well as development potential for the market in the coming years
- 6-month post-sale analyst assistance
Frequently Asked Questions-
What is the CAGR of Explosive Detectors Market?
The Explosive Detectors Market is growing at a CAGR of 8.2% During Forecast Period.
What are the Product types of Explosive Detectors Market?
Vehicle-Mounted, Handheld, Robotics, Biosensors
What is the Vertical of Explosive Detectors Market?
Military and Defense, Cargo and Transport, Aviation, Public Places, Commercial, Others
Who are the key players in Explosive Detectors Market?
SPANX, Wolford AG, Hanes Brands, Bonas, Danjiya, Wacoal, GERBE, Fengli Group, Gold Toe, Cervin, L Brands, Aristoc, Jockey International