The Global Geosynthetics Market Size Is Estimated At USD 9.9 Billion In 2022 And Is Projected To Reach USD 13.2 Billion By 2030, Growing At A CAGR Of 6.0% From 2022 To 2030.
Geosynthetics Market Overview:
Geosynthetics constitute natural or polymeric materials used with soil, rock, or any other related construction material. Global development and production of various types of geosynthetics. Geotextiles, geogrids, geonets, geocells, geomembranes, and geocomposites are some of the main types of geosynthetics. Geosynthetics are polymer products produced mainly using polyester, polyethylene, and polypropylene. Commonly manufactured geosynthetic products include geotextiles, geogrids, geonets, and geomembranes, and are used as key components in landfills, drainage, filtration, erosion control, and various civil construction projects. Geosynthetics are extremely cost-effective, durable, and versatile, and are widely used to improve the mechanical and physical properties of soil so that it can withstand harsh climatic conditions. Mining, transportation, and agriculture are some of the key areas where geosynthetics are widely used.
Geosynthetics market size, estimates, and forecasts are provided in terms of sales volume (K Units) and revenue (million USD), with historical and forecast data for the period 2017 to 2030, with 2022 being considered as the base year. This report segments the global Geosynthetics market in detail. Regional market sizes related to products by type, by application, and by player are also delivered. In estimating the size of the market, we considered the impact of COVID-19 and the Russian-Ukraine war.
Key Market Updates:
- In June 2021, SOLMAX acquired TenCate Geosynthetics, a Netherlands-based supplier of geosynthetics and industrial fabrics. The acquisition is expected to enhance the company's innovative capabilities and global reach. The acquisition is expected to bring additional business opportunities to the company in containment and infrastructure applications in the mining, transportation, energy, waste management, and civil engineering sectors.
- In June 2019, SOLMAX expanded its operations by opening a new geosynthetics facility in Nevada, USA. This expansion is expected to give the company a competitive edge by developing innovative and more reliable products to meet the needs of various end-use industries.
- In July 2020, NAUE developed the first biodegradable nonwoven geotextile product under the brand Secutex Green. The product was developed from organic and renewable materials for civil engineering applications.
- In June 2017, Tensar International has newly developed an enhanced version of its TriAx geogrid for the transportation industry. TriAx geogrids provide significant performance improvements in road uniformity and soil stability.
- In February 2019, Strata System opened a new production facility in Gujarat, India. The company expects to produce StrataGrid geogrids and HDPE geocells to meet the growing demand for geosynthetics. The new plant is expected to have sufficient capacity to meet the needs of the Indian geosynthetics market as well as international exports.
- In March 2021, Fibertex Nonwovens has $48 million to expand the capacity of its manufacturing facility in the United States. The new facility is expected to have a spunlace line focused on sustainable product development to meet the growing demands of the North American market.
- In May 2019, NAUE expanded its capacity for geogrids by opening a new production line at its factory in Adorf, Germany.
Major Segments Covered in the Global Geosynthetics Market:
Market Key Players:
GSE Holdings, Inc., Koninklijke Ten Cate N.V., Officine Maccaferri S.p.A., NAUE GmbH & Co. KG, Propex Operating Company, LLC, Low and Bonar PLC, TENAX Group, Fibertex Nonwovens A/S, Global Synthetics, AGRU America, TYPAR, HUESKER Group, PRS Geo-Technologies, Tensar International Corp., Solmax, and Others
Geosynthetics Market by Types:
Geosynthetics Market by Applications:
- Water/Wastewater Management
- Transportation Infrastructure
- Civil Construction and Mining
Geosynthetics Market by Regions:
The report estimates revenue growth at the worldwide, regional, and country levels and delivers an analysis of the recent industry trends in each sub-segment from 2017 to 2030. The Asia Pacific region will dominate the market in 2021, accounting for the largest share of more than 41.8% of global revenue. Growing demand for oil reinforcement for residential building foundation works in emerging economies of China and India is expected to drive the overall regional market over the forecast period. Europe has a large share due to various construction directives such as 89/106/EEC and M/107 EU which require the application of geosynthetics in infrastructure projects. Additionally, the German government has imposed strict regulations on waste management practices in the municipal and industrial sectors.
Significant Market Dynamics:
Rapidly growing populations and urbanization have resulted in rising levels of solid and liquid waste across the globe. Rising environmental awareness has led to increased demand for proper waste and water management programs. Geosynthetics are used as landfill caps to prevent fluid migration to landfills by reducing or eliminating leachate production and associated disposal costs after closure. Due to the growing public concerns about severe and widespread water pollution, geosynthetics are widely used in various water management activities. Geosynthetic lining systems are used in waste treatment lagoons of wastewater treatment plants to protect water resources including lakes, rivers, ponds, aquifers, and reservoirs, which is expected to increase the demand for geosynthetics over the forecast period.
The price and availability of raw materials are the main factors that affect the price of the final product. Most of the raw materials needed for geosynthetics (polyethylene, polypropylene, polyvinyl chloride and ethylene propylene diene monomer) are susceptible to fluctuations in crude oil prices. The rise and fall of crude oil prices directly affect the prices of raw materials required for the manufacture of geosynthetics. However, due to the current pandemic, almost all countries have banned domestic and international travel. This has led to a sharp reduction in demand for transportation fuels, further affecting crude oil prices.
The mining industry is one of the major consumers of geosynthetics. Demand for metals and minerals in Asia is expected to drive the mining sector. China is a major producer of rare earth metals, gold, copper, coal, limestone and steel, while India has witnessed massive investments in the steel industry. In addition, South America has become the preferred destination for the world's major mining companies to invest in the mining industry. Major countries such as Brazil, Peru and Chile have enormous mining capacity and have seen increased investment by foreign companies over the past five years. Increasing adoption of advanced extraction processes in mining activities is expected to drive the geosynthetics market over the forecast period.
Report Scope of Global Geosynthetics Market:
||Value (USD Billion)
||CAGR of 6.04% from 2023 to 2030
- Water/Wastewater Management
- Transportation Infrastructure
- Civil Construction and Mining
||GSE Holdings, Inc., Koninklijke Ten Cate N.V., Officine Maccaferri S.p.A., NAUE GmbH & Co. KG, Propex Operating Company, LLC, Low and Bonar PLC, TENAX Group, Fibertex Nonwovens A/S, Global Synthetics, AGRU America, TYPAR, HUESKER Group, PRS Geo-Technologies, Tensar International Corp., Solmax, and Others
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Nordic Countries
- Benelux Union
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
|Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market based on segmentation involving both economic and non-economic factors;
- Provision of market value (USD Billion) data for each segment and sub-segment;
- Indicates the region and segment that is expected to witness the fastest growth and dominate the market;
- Analysis by geography highlighting the consumption of the product/service in the region as well as indicating the market's dominance by region;
- Analysis by product/service type
- A competitive landscape that includes the market ranking of the top competitors, as well as new service/product launches, collaborations, business expansions, and acquisitions of companies featured during the previous five years
- Extensive company profiles with business overview, company insights, product benchmarking, and SWOT analysis for the leading market players
- The current and future market outlook of the industry in light of recent developments (which include growth opportunities and drivers as well as challenges and restraints of both emerging and developed regions)
- Includes in-depth analysis of the market from multiple perspectives using Porter's five forces analysis Provides market insight across the Value Chain
- Market dynamics situation, as well as development potential for the market in the coming years
- 6-month post-sale analyst assistance
Points Covered in the Report
- The points that are discussed within the report are the major market players that are involved in the Market such as Market players, raw material suppliers, equipment suppliers, end users, traders, distributors and etc.
- The complete profile of the companies is mentioned. And the capacity, production, price, revenue, cost, gross, gross margin, sales volume, sales revenue, consumption, growth rate, import, export, supply, future strategies, and the technological developments that they are making are also included within the report. This report analyzed 12 years of data history and forecast.
- The growth factors of the market are discussed in detail wherein the different end users of the market are explained in detail.
- Data and information by market player, region, type, application and etc., and custom research can be added according to specific requirements.
- The report contains a SWOT analysis of the market. Finally, the report contains the conclusion part where the opinions of the industrial experts are included.
Any special requirements about this report, please let us know and we can provide a custom report.
Note – In order to provide a more accurate market forecast, all our reports will be updated before delivery by considering the impact of COVID-19 and the Russia-Ukraine war.