The Global HDPE Packaging Market Is Expected To Grow From USD 74.0 Billion In 2022 To 2030 At A CAGR Of 2.8% During The Forecast Period.
HDPE Packaging Market Overview:
High density polyethylene is what HDPE stands for. It is made of petroleum and is a thermoplastic. As a product, it is often sold in bags and pouches, bottles and vials, crates and cases, and films. Also, it comes in both a flexible and a stiff form, depending on the use. HDPE packaging is also strong, stiff, resistant to chemicals, easy to shape, has a long shelf life, and is inexpensive. Because of these benefits, it is the most common type of plastic and is in high demand in many different businesses. The chemical, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, and retail businesses can all use it.
The demand for HDPE bottles and films in many different businesses is making the HDPE packaging market grow quickly. HDPE is better than other plastics like LDPE and polypropylene because it is strong, light, and cheap. HDPE bottles are used in the medical product business and in the beverage industry. Also, as health awareness has grown, people have become more interested in eating clean foods, which has increased the demand for HDPE films in ready-to-eat food packing. So, the growing demand for these goods will help increase the consumption of HPDE packaging over the next few years.
HDPE Packaging market size, estimates, and forecasts are provided in terms of sales volume (K Units) and revenue (million USD), with historical and forecast data for the period 2017 to 2030, with 2022 being considered as the base year. This report segments the global HDPE Packaging market in detail. Regional market sizes related to products by type, by application, and by the player are also delivered. In estimating the size of the market, we took into account the impact of COVID-19 and the Russian-Ukraine war.
Key Market Updates:
- In October 2020, Berry Global launched a new Divinity HDPE 2-inch clamshell tube closure to match the tube for sustainable mono-substrate packaging. With this launch, the company will meet its sustainability goals for recyclability
- In September 2020, Neopac launched the first recyclable PE-based monomaterial tube with an HDPE flap. Neotube is ideal for food, health & beauty and pharmaceutical packaging applications. The launch will help the company expand its product portfolio.
- In September 2020, Berry Global Group, Inc. partnered with Bhoomi to launch a 100% sugarcane bottle of its cold-pressed sugarcane water elixir. Bhoomi bottles are widely recyclable and made from Braskem's I'm Green™ certified material. The launch will help both companies deliver environmental benefits, including significant reductions in greenhouse gas emissions, elimination of fossil fuel consumption and reduction in water consumption.
Major Segments Covered in the Global HDPE Packaging Market:
Market Key Players:
Amcor, Bemis, Berry Plastics, Sealed Air, Sonoco, And Others.
HDPE Packaging Market by Types:
- Bags and Pouches
- Bottles and Vials
- Crates and Containers
HDPE Packaging Market by Applications:
- Beverage Industry
- Consumer Goods Industry
- Food Industry
- Pharmaceutical Industry
HDPE Packaging Market by Regions:
The report estimates revenue growth at the worldwide, regional, and country levels and delivers an analysis of the recent industry trends in each sub-segment from 2017 to 2030.
North America: The United States is the largest HDPE packaging market in North America. The high demand in this region can be attributed to the increasing application of HDPE packaging in food & beverage industry, automotive & transportation industry, pharmaceutical & chemical industry, etc. Mexico and Canada are other key markets for HDPE packaging, presenting significant opportunities for global players operating in this market.
Latin America: Brazil accounts for a large percentage of total capacity across all regions, as it has several established manufacturers operating locally and is fully supported by raw material suppliers such as Braskem S/A, headquartered in São Paulo (Brazil). Additionally, Brazil is one of the world's leading economies due to its abundance of natural resources, including oil and natural gas. This factor increases the demand for HDPE packaging in the region
Europe: Western and Eastern Europe is considered as the major market for HDPE packaging in terms of revenue owing to the increasing consumption of beverages and food in these regions. Moreover, developing countries such as Hungary and Poland have received significant investments from foreign players, resulting in high demand for HDPE packaging in various end-use industries including automotive and transportation industries.
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Nordic Countries
- Benelux Union
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
Significant Market Dynamics:
Factors driving the HDPE packaging market are increasing demand for household products, ease of shipping and handling, and recent developments in technological advancements that can be used for innovative designs and looks to attract customers.
Factors restraining the HDPE packaging market include potential for product contamination, availability of alternatives such as low-density polyethylene (LDPE) and linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE), fluctuations in raw material prices, and potential for side effects of using packaging materials with HDPE products are harmful to the human body.
Report Scope of Global HDPE Packaging Market:
CAGR of 2.8% from 2022 to 2030.
Bottles, Containers, Cartons, Bags, Others,
Beverage Industry, Consumer Goods Industry, Food Industry, Pharmaceutical Industry
Amcor, Bemis, Berry Plastics, Sealed Air, Sonoco.
Regions and Countries Covered
- North America: (US, Canada, Mexico, Rest of North America)
- Europe(Germany, France, Italy, Spain, UK, Nordic Countries, Benelux Union, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, Southeast Asia, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- The Middle East & Africa(Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, South Africa, Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
- Latin America(Brazil, Argentina, Rest of Latin America)
- Rest Of the World
2017 to 2022
2023 to 2030
Points Covered in the Report
- The points that are discussed within the report are the major market players that are involved in the Market such as Market players, raw material suppliers, equipment suppliers, end users, traders, distributors and etc.
- The complete profile of the companies is mentioned. And the capacity, production, price, revenue, cost, gross, gross margin, sales volume, sales revenue, consumption, growth rate, import, export, supply, future strategies, and the technological developments that they are making are also included within the report. This report analyzed 12 years of data history and forecast.
- The growth factors of the market are discussed in detail wherein the different end users of the market are explained in detail.
- Data and information by market player, region, type, application and etc., and custom research can be added according to specific requirements.
- The report contains a SWOT analysis of the market. Finally, the report contains the conclusion part where the opinions of the industrial experts are included.
Frequently Asked Questions-
What is the CAGR of HDPE Packaging market?
The HDPE Packaging Market is growing at a CAGR of 2.8% During Forecast Period.
What are the key types and applications of HDPE Packaging market?
- Bottles, Containers, Cartons, Bags, Others,
- Beverage Industry, Consumer Goods Industry, Food Industry, Pharmaceutical Industry
Who are the key players in HDPE Packaging market?
Amcor, Bemis, Berry Plastics, Sealed Air, Sonoco, And others.
Any special requirements about this report, please let us know and we can provide a custom report.
Note – In order to provide a more accurate market forecast, all our reports will be updated before delivery by considering the impact of COVID-19 and the Russia-Ukraine war.