KVM Switch Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth Opportunities, Future Trends, Covid-19 Impact, SWOT Analysis, Competition and Forecasts 2022 to 2030
The global KVM switch market was valued at USD 606.9 million in 2022 and is expected to reach USD 5.9 Billion by the end of the forecast period with a CAGR of 7.20%.
KVM Switch Market Overview:
Growing demand for enterprise data storage devices and drivers is driving the demand for KVM switches.
Factors such as edge computing, cloud computing, government regulations, high data center operating costs, and advances in smart computing devices are expected to significantly impact the growth of the KVM switch market. According to Cisco Systems, the amount of big data in data center storage worldwide is expected to reach 403 exabytes by 2021, with a significant portion of it coming from the United States.
Several companies are investing in expanding operations to strengthen their global presence and strengthen their market presence. For example, in January 2020, wholesale data center colocation provider Stack Infrastructure raised more than $1 billion to construct a massive 125-acre, 4-million-square-foot campus in Northern Virginia, USA. The new data center campus is expected to provide over 250 megawatts of critical capacity along with flexible, customizable facilities capable of serving a large number of data center users.
Companies with broad portfolios and vulnerabilities to cyberattacks, such as banking, telecommunications, and IT, store their data in the cloud and provide enhanced security features to protect sensitive information from intrusion. KVM switches help users control data stored on multiple systems and provide proof of access. Growing demand for cloud storage will significantly contribute to the growth of the KVM switch market.
KVM Switch Market size, estimates and forecasts are provided in terms of sales volume (K units) and revenue (million USD), with historical and forecast data for the period 2017 to 2030, with 2022 being considered as the base year. This report segments the global KVM Switch Market in detail. Regional market sizes related to products by type, by application, and by player are also delivered. In estimating the size of the market, we took into account the impact of COVID-19 and the Russian-Ukraine war.
Key Market Updates:
- April 2020 - Aten International introduces the CN9600 1-Local/Remote Shared Access Single Port DVI KVM over IP Switch designed to allow remote access of digital, video, audio and virtual media via remote control from a PC or workstation. . The CN9600 features virtual media capability, allowing users to perform diagnostic tests, file transfers, or apply OS/application updates and patches from a remote console. Includes LS 1.2 encryption and 3rd party authentication with video resolutions up to 1920x1200 @60Hz for local and remote consoles and dual LAN redundant power for redundancy.
- January 2020 - Aten International introduced a remote work solution for businesses and schools to facilitate communication during the COVID-19 pandemic. The platform uses presentation switches, CN Series KVM over IP switches, content creation peripherals, and shared switches that facilitate remote communications.
Major Market Segments Covered in KVM Switch Market Industry Research:
Market Key Players:
Adder Technology, Aten International, Avocent Technology, Belden, Belkin International, Black Box, D-Link, Dell Technologies, Guntermann & Drunck, HPE, IHSE, IOGEAR, Icron Technologies, Kramer Electro, And Others.
- USB Hub-Based KVM
- Emulated USB KVM
- Semi-DDM USB KVM
- DDM USB KVM
- Enterprise Level
- SMB Level
- Small Office and Home Office
By Switch Type:
- Single User KVM
- Multi User KVM
The United States is the largest market in the region and currently has the largest number of data centers worldwide and is witnessing strong growth in terms of big data and volume of traffic due to the increase in data centers.
Expansion of mobile broadband, growth of cloud computing and big data analytics are driving the demand for KVM switches in this region. Additionally, falling server prices have increased cloud computing business adoption across North America, which is expected to propel switch demand over the forecast period.
Multinational corporations in the region, such as Facebook, Microsoft, Apple, Google and others, are investing in green digital infrastructure to power through renewable sources. For example, in 2019 Google invested over US$13 billion in data centers and offices in the United States. These market developments are expected to boost the demand for KVM switches over the forecast period.
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Nordic Countries
- Benelux Union
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
Significant Market Dynamics:
According to Cisco Systems, another prominent player in global KVM switch market operations on a large scale, the amount of big data employed and used for data center storage worldwide is expected to reach 403. Exabytes by the end of 2021. In North America for the forecast period ending in 2030, the US region will account for a significant portion of this. Following this trend, there are a ton of companies allocating their budgets to investments. Expand your KVM switch market operations and strengthen your global presence. These are likely to present excellent drivers and opportunities to the market to grow at the forecast rate by the end of the 2030 forecast period.
Although the expansion of KVM switch market size is expanding and a similar trend is expected to follow in the forecast period of 2021-2030, risks related to data leakage, misuse and misunderstanding always prevail. This prohibits customers and target audiences, especially new customers, from entering information so that global market players can use and extend their devices and services to better function and access information.
KVM Switch Market report scope:
CAGR of 7.20% from 2022 to 2030.
USB Hub Based KVM, Emulated USB KVM, Semi-DDM USB KVM, DDM USB KVM
Enterprise Level, SMB Level, Small Office and Home Office
Adder Technology, Aten International, Avocent Technology, Belden, Belkin International, Black Box, D-Link, Dell Technologies, Guntermann & Drunck, HPE, IHSE, IOGEAR, Icron Technologies, Kramer Electro
Regions and Countries Covered
2017 to 2022
2023 to 2030
Crucial Points from this KVM Switch Market Report
- Estimate KVM Switch Market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level - for product types, applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the supply chain in depth on the value growth at each step, in order to optimize value and bring effectiveness in your processes.
- Know the different dynamics affecting the market - challenges, key driving factors and opportunities.
- Get a quick viewpoint on the KVM Switch Market entropy - M&A's, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key companies for the historical 5 years.
- Estimate the supply-demand gaps, import-export data and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries worldwide for the market.
- Get complete insights on your competitor performance - market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Study the sales and distribution channels over key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
Frequently Asked Questions-
- What is the CAGR of KVM Switch Market?
- What are the key types of KVM Switch Market?
- What are the key applications of KVM Switch Market?
- Who are the key players in KVM Switch Market?