The Global Mobile Point-Of-Sale (POS) Terminals Market Is Expected To Witness A CAGR Of 17.9% During The Forecast Period (2020–2030).
(mPOS) Mobile POS Terminals Market Overview:
The growth of this market can be attributed to factors such as increasing demand for mobile payments and increasing number of retailers, restaurants, hotels and entertainment establishments adopting mobile commerce.
MPOS systems offer merchants a more portable and cheaper way to process transactions than traditional point-of-sale (POS) terminals. mPOS systems help you run your business more efficiently by providing features such as inventory tracking, customer management, and receipt printing. MPOS mobile POS terminals are devices that allow businesses to accept payments from customers via credit or debit cards as well as mobile payments such as Apple Pay and Android Pay.
(mPOS) Mobile POS Terminals market size, estimates and forecasts are provided in terms of sales volume (K units) and revenue (million USD), with historical and forecast data for the period 2017 to 2030, with 2022 being considered as the base year. This report segments the global (mPOS) Mobile POS Terminals market in detail. Regional market sizes related to products by type, by application, and by player are also delivered. In estimating the size of the market, we took into account the impact of COVID-19 and the Russian-Ukraine war.
Key Market Updates:
- In October 2019, Samsung Electronics partnered with Mobeewave Inc., a contactless mobile card payment company, to launch a near-field communication (NFC)-enabled contactless payment acceptance solution for mobile devices. This solution allows customers to make payments. Tap your contactless credit or debit card or your Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, or Google Pay wallet on your Samsung-developed NFC-enabled device.
- In June 2019, Volly introduced a new mobile POS app that allows loan officers to invite borrowers to apply for or receive pre-qualified loans anytime, anywhere. The app also allows borrowers to upload documents required for their loans from their mobile and allows loan officers to track the status of their transactions.
Major Market Segments Covered in (mPOS) Mobile POS Terminals Industry Research:
Market Key Players:
Ingenico, Verifone, Zebra Technologies (Motorola Enterprise Solutions), Oracle (MICROS Systems), First Data Corporation, And Others.
- Handheld Terminal
North America held a dominant share in the global mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) terminals market in 2021. Widespread awareness of mPOS solutions among small merchants and retail, hospitality and restaurant sectors. North America has an established network infrastructure that facilitates IoT between different businesses. mPOS is expected to greatly benefit from IoT as it forms a powerful network for organizations to monitor and manage their activities.
The mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) terminals market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period, owing to increasing internet and smartphone penetration in emerging economies such as India and China. The Chinese government is taking the lead in creating mobile micro-ATMs with mobile POS devices in rural areas and low-end cities. India offers enormous potential for mPOS due to its large population and growing technology awareness. Banks are also increasingly rolling out NFC-enabled debit and credit cards in India.
- North America
- Rest of North America
- The Netherlands
- Nordic Countries
- Benelux Union
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
Significant Market Dynamics:
A major trend in the mPOS terminal market is the preference for cloud-based solutions. Compared to traditional systems, the cloud-deployed POS variant has significantly lower operating costs because it does not require significantly more expensive on-site servers. According to Mckinsey & Company Inc., retail adoption of cloud technology will grow from 57% in 2018 to 71% by the end of 2020. Another study found that by 2022, nearly 50% of US restaurants will be using cloud-based POS terminals. These solutions allow users to centralize all data in one place, secure access from anywhere, and simplify information management.
One of the major drivers for the mPOS terminal market is the growing focus of companies on improving customer experience. Mobile POS solutions are being adopted because checkout queues in markets and large stores often waste customers' time. This way, customers can complete sales right in the main product area of the store by paying for items digitally and avoiding long lines. These solutions lead to increased customer satisfaction, further increasing brand trust and loyalty. This is why businesses are rapidly transitioning from legacy systems to tablet and smartphone POS.
(mPOS) Mobile POS Terminals Market report scope:
CAGR of 17.8% from 2022 to 2030.
Handheld Terminal, Tablet
|Retail, Restaurants, Healthcare, Hospitality, Entertainment, Others
Ingenico, Verifone, Zebra Technologies (Motorola Enterprise Solutions), Oracle (MICROS Systems), First Data Corporation
Regions and Countries Covered
- North America: (US, Canada, Mexico, Rest of North America)
- Europe(Germany, France, Italy, Spain, UK, Nordic Countries, Benelux Union, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, Southeast Asia, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- The Middle East & Africa(Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, South Africa, Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
- Latin America(Brazil, Argentina, Rest of Latin America)
- Rest Of the World
2017 to 2022
2023 to 2030
Crucial Points from this (mPOS) Mobile POS Terminals Report
- Estimate (mPOS) Mobile POS Terminals market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level - for product types, applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the supply chain in depth on the value growth at each step, in order to optimize value and bring effectiveness in your processes.
- Know the different dynamics affecting the market - challenges, key driving factors and opportunities.
- Get a quick viewpoint on the (mPOS) Mobile POS Terminals market entropy - M&A's, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key companies for the historical 5 years.
- Estimate the supply-demand gaps, import-export data and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries worldwide for the market.
- Get complete insights on your competitor performance - market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Study the sales and distribution channels over key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
Frequently Asked Questions-
What is the CAGR of (mPOS) Mobile POS Terminals market?
The (mPOS) Mobile POS Terminals Market is growing at a CAGR of 17.8% During Forecast Period.
What are the key types of (mPOS) Mobile POS Terminals market?
Handheld Terminal, Tablet
What are the key applications of (mPOS) Mobile POS Terminals market?
Retail, Restaurants, Healthcare, Hospitality, Entertainment, Others
Who are the key players in (mPOS) Mobile POS Terminals market?
Ingenico, Verifone, Zebra Technologies (Motorola Enterprise Solutions), Oracle (MICROS Systems), First Data Corporation, And others.