Octyl Salicylate Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth Opportunities, Future Trends, Covid-19 Impact, SWOT Analysis, Competition and Forecasts 2022 to 2030
The Global Octyl Salicylate Market Size Was Valued At $1.1 Billion In 2022 And Is Projected To Reach $1.8 Billion By 2030, Growing At A CAGR Of 5.4% From 2022 To 2030.
Octyl Salicylate Market Overview:
Octyl salicylate, also statedas 2-ethylhexylsalicylate, octisalate and benzoic acid, is an organic compound. Octyl salicylate is an ester produced through the condensation of salicylic acid and 2-ethylhexanol. Octyl salicylate is mostly colorless or pale yellow with a slight floral odor. In some cases, organic compounds have a general or mild odor.
Octyl Salicylate is soluble in ethanol, isopropanol, olive oil, paraffin oil, dimethicone, mineral oil and octyl palmitate. However, organic compounds are insoluble in water. Octyl Salicylate serves as excellent solubilizer for an extensive range of crystalline UV filters including ethylhexyl triazone and butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane.
Octyl Salicylate is primarily used as ingredient in cosmetics, and sunscreens and helps absorb UVB rays from the sun. Octyl salicylate is also contained in sunscreens due to its antibacterial capabilities, preventing the product from going rancid.
Organic compounds have been used for generations as water-insoluble, oil-soluble UVB absorbers. Salicylates are weak UV B absorbers and are usually used in conjunction with other UVs to increase SPF. Octyl Salicylate is used as an inhibitor of UV degradation in emulsions, dyes, and polymers.
Octyl Salicylate market size, estimates, and forecasts are provided in terms of sales volume (K Units) and revenue (million USD), with historical and forecast data for the period 2017 to 2030, with 2022 being considered as the base year. This report segments the global Octyl Salicylate market in detail. Regional market sizes related to products by type, by application, and by the player are also delivered. In estimating the size of the market, we took into account the impact of COVID-19 and the Russian-Ukraine war.
Major Market Segments Covered in Octyl Salicylate Industry Research:
Market Key Players:
Universal Esters, Siddharth Carbochem Products, MFCI Co., Clariant, And Others.
- In August 2021, Croda International plc announced the launch of a new sunscreen product called Solaveil™ CT-200. This product is formulated with Octyl Salicylate and other UV filters to provide broad-spectrum sun protection.
- In July 2021, Kao Corporation announced the development of a new UV filter based on Octyl Salicylate. This filter is said to offer superior light stability and minimal skin irritation compared to other UV filters.
- In January 2021, Symrise AG announced the acquisition of Sensient Technologies Corporation's fragrance and aromachemical business.
- Light Yellow
Asia Pacific dominated the global market with a revenue share of over 40.0% in 2019. Regional growth is driven by increased demand for products in key application areas like perfumes, soaps, and cosmetics, with countries such as China and India. Moreover, rapid industrialization coupled with government initiatives to encourage foreign direct investment is expected to increase regional market growth over the forecast period. Industry players are relocating manufacturing facilities to emerging economies due to the low labor costs and easy availability of raw materials/materials need to manufacture products including Octyl Salicylate, which is one of a kind product globally.
- North America
- Rest of North America
- The Netherlands
- Nordic Countries
- Benelux Union
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
Significant Market Dynamics:
- Growing demand from end-use industries like cosmetics, pharmaceuticals and food additives
- Increasing Awareness of the Benefits of Octyl Salicylate Among Consumers
- Growing research and advancements activity for new applications of octyl salicylate
- Expansion of production capacity by key players in the market
- The trend toward using natural ingredients in personal care products
Octyl Salicylate Market report scope:
CAGR of 5.4% from 2022 to 2030.
Colourless, Light Yellow
Perfume, Soap, Cosmetics, Sunscreens, Others
Universal Esters, Siddharth Carbochem Products, MFCI Co., Clariant
Regions and Countries Covered
2017 to 2022
2023 to 2030
Crucial Points from this Octyl Salicylate Report
- Estimate Octyl Salicylate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level - for product types, applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the supply chain in depth on the value growth at each step, in order to optimize value and bring effectiveness in your processes.
- Know the different dynamics affecting the market - challenges, key driving factors and opportunities.
- Get a quick viewpoint on the Octyl Salicylate market entropy - M&A's, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key companies for the historical 5 years.
- Estimate the supply-demand gaps, import-export data and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries worldwide for the market.
- Get complete insights on your competitor performance - market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Study the sales and distribution channels over key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
Frequently Asked Questions-
- What is the CAGR of Octyl Salicylate market?
- What are the key types of Octyl Salicylate market?
- What are the key applications of Octyl Salicylate market?
- Who are the key players in Octyl Salicylate market?