The global Organic Food market size was valued at USD 188.35 billion in 2022 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 13.0% during 2022 to 2030.
Organic Food Market Overview:
One of the major factors driving the market expansion is growing awareness about the health benefits associated with consumption of organic products. Sales of organic food are expected to increase as a result of changing consumer buying behavior. Moreover, growing popularity of non-GMO products among consumers is driving the growth of the market. Organic food sales surged in 2020, despite higher prices than non-organic products and the largest global GDP decline in decades. The growth rate of organic packaged foods and beverages was the highest among all health and wellness categories. Since 2020, as restaurants have been closed due to Corona 19 and home-cooked meals have become commonplace, consumers' food purchasing and consumption habits have changed. According to the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), German consumers bought 22% more organic products in the same year.
Organic Food market size estimates and forecasts are provided in terms of sales volume (K units) and revenue (million USD), with historical and forecast data for the period 2017 to 2030, with 2022 being considered as the base year. This report segments the global Organic Food market in detail. Regional market sizes related to products by type, by application, and by player are also delivered. In estimating the size of the market, we took into account the impact of COVID-19 and other global crisis.
- June 2022: Sprout Organic Inc., an Australian infant nutrition startup, signed a partnership agreement with one of the largest online retail platforms, Amazon, to offer its plant-based organic baby formula to consumers across the country.
- May 2022: Barry Callebaut, a Belgium-based chocolate-producing company announced to expand its plant-based portfolio by adding dairy-free organic chocolate to serve its consumers across North America.
- May 2022: Organic India, an Indian-origin multinational company, launched new organic tea products such as Tulsi Detox Khawa, Peppermint Refresh, Moringa Hibiscus, and Simply Chamomile.
The Organic Food market research report is categorized based on type, applications and region.
Market Key Players:
General Mills Inc. (U.S.), Danone S.A. (France), Dole plc. (Ireland), Organic Valley (U.S.), Organic India Pvt. Ltd. (India), Amy's Kitchen, Inc. (U.S.), Arla Foods Amba (Denmark), Eden Foods Inc (U.S.), Hain Celestial Group, Inc. (U.S.), SunOpta Inc (U.S.), and others.
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Meat, Fish, & Poultry
- Frozen & Processed Foods
- Cereals &Grains
By Product Type
By Distribution Channel
- Specialty Store
- Convenient Stores
- Online Retail Stores
Geographically, the global Organic Food market has been analysed in various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East & Africa (MEA).
The availability of agricultural land for organic farming in the United States, Australia and Argentina has forced regulators to frame supportive policies to increase production of organic foods. This factor is expected to positively impact the organic food market demand over the forecast period. The North American organic food and beverage market is expected to register remarkable growth due to the product's inherent advantages of being eco-friendly, chemical-free, residue-free and healthier compared to conventional foods. Increasing consumer awareness about the benefits of consuming non-GMO or processed products is expected to energize the North American market in the near future.
Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest-growing region at a CAGR of 17.5% from 2022 to 2030, owing to millennium growth in countries like India and rising trend of ready-to-eat food among working-class people. China, India and Japan are the major markets in terms of consumer spending on food. Moreover, significant increase in demand for frozen foods due to reduced preparation and cooking time is opening up new avenues for the local market of organic frozen foods.
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Nordic Countries
- Benelux Union
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
Organic Food Market report scope
CAGR of 13.0% from 2022 to 2030.
Fruits & Vegetables, Dairy, Meat, Fish, & Poultry, Frozen & Processed Foods, Cereals &Grains, Beverages
By Distribution Channel
Supermarkets/Hypermarkets, Specialty Store, Convenient Stores, Online Retail Stores
By Product Type
General Mills Inc. (U.S.), Danone S.A. (France), Dole plc. (Ireland), Organic Valley (U.S.), Organic India Pvt. Ltd. (India), Amy's Kitchen, Inc. (U.S.), Arla Foods Amba (Denmark), Eden Foods Inc (U.S.), Hain Celestial Group, Inc. (U.S.), SunOpta Inc (U.S.)
Regions and Countries Covered
- North America: (US, Canada, Mexico, Rest of North America)
- Europe(Germany, France, Italy, Spain, UK, Nordic Countries, Benelux Union, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, Southeast Asia, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- The Middle East & Africa(Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, South Africa, Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
- Latin America(Brazil, Argentina, Rest of Latin America)
- Rest Of the World
2017 to 2022
2023 to 2030
Key Takeaways from this Organic Food Report
- Estimate Organic Food market potential through analysing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level - for product types, applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the supply chain in depth on the value growth at each step, in order to optimize value and bring effectiveness in your processes.
- Know the different dynamics affecting the market - challenges, key driving factors and opportunities.
- Get a quick viewpoint on the Organic Food market entropy - M&A's, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key companies for the historical 5 years.
- Estimate the supply-demand gaps, import-export data and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries worldwide for the market.
- Get complete insights on your competitor performance - market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Study the sales and distribution channels over key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
Frequently Asked Questions
At what CAGR is the Organic Food market projected to grow in the forecast period 2022 to 2030?
What are the types of Organic Food market?
What are the applications of Organic Food market?
Who are the top players in Organic Food market?
Which application segment is expected to drive the growth of the Organic Food market in the next 5 years?
Which are the key deployments types adopting Organic Food market?