The Global Organic Tea Coffee Market size is estimated to reach $2.6 billion by 2030. Furthermore, it is poised to grow at a CAGR of 6.1% over the forecast period 2022-2030.
Organic Tea Coffee Market Overview:
Organic teas are grown and processed without the use of chemicals such as pesticides, herbicides, fungicides or chemical fertilizers. On the other hand, farmers use organic methods to grow sustainable tea crops, such as solar-activated or sticky bug traps. The growth of the organic tea market is fueled by increasing demand for safe diet options. In addition, organic tea consumption is increasing due to the low negative effects of tea and its importance in reducing excess body fat and increasing metabolic rate. Even organic coffee is grown and produced without the use of synthetic fertilizers or chemicals. Oolong tea is known to improve gastrointestinal health, lower cholesterol, and protect brain, bone and dental health, but due to its high amount of antioxidants, it may also help prevent many diseases. This is because they are high in polyphenols, which protect the body from free radicals and reduce inflammation. Coffee is produced using organic fertilizers such as coffee pulp, chicken manure or compost. The amount of caffeine is much higher in organic coffee than in organic tea, as it helps improve wakefulness and boost metabolism. Organic tea and coffee have antioxidant properties that provide health-promoting properties. Camellia sinensis is a type of organic green tea used to prevent cancer, cardiovascular disease and AIDS. Organic tea and coffee contain flavanols that help improve blood flow to the brain. Regulatory compliance is becoming increasingly important in the tea industry. The Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), which changed or introduced new requirements for the food manufacturing industry (of which tea is a part), is nearing its implementation phase. The growing trend towards adoption of organic tea and coffee due to its various health benefits are some of the factors driving the organic tea and coffee industry forward during the projected period.
Organic Tea Coffee Market size, estimates and forecasts are provided in terms of sales volume (K units) and revenue (million USD), with historical and forecast data for the period 2017 to 2030, with 2022 being considered as the base year. This report segments the global Organic Tea Coffee Market in detail. Regional market sizes related to products by type, by application, and by player are also delivered. In estimating the size of the market, we took into account the impact of COVID-19 and the Russian-Ukraine war.
Key Market Updates:
- In April 2021, Enroot launched Organic Sparkling Cold Brew Tea. SCS Global Services is pleased to be selected to partner with Enroot, manufacturer of slow-cold organic sparkling tea, to support its efforts to establish a comprehensive responsible sourcing policy for product ingredients and conduct verification audits of its suppliers. . The five flavors are -> Rest, Recharge, Revive, Rejuvenate, Revive.
- In September 2021, Nespresso launched a new organic coffee to help revive extremely vulnerable coffee farms in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Coffee lovers in Vietnam will soon be able to enjoy the new organic coffee, which will help revitalize one of the most vulnerable agricultural regions in the world. This coffee is grown in the rain-rich volcanic soil of Lake Kivu in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, where instability has devastated a once thriving coffee farming community. The product was named KAHAWA ya CONGO.
- In January 2022, Numi Organic Tea partnered with We Work to become the exclusive tea partner. Within the agreement, Numi will supply tea products to more than 100 pantries across 275 locations in the United States and Canada. Numi will offer WeWork members six of their top-selling teas, including Aged Earl Grey, Moroccan Mint, Jasmine Green, Breakfast Blend, Matcha Toasted Rice and Rooibos Chai. Numi also sponsors We Work every year on Earth Day.
Major Market Segments Covered in Organic Tea Coffee Market Industry Research:
Market Key Players:
Tata Global Beverages Limited, The Unilever Group, Organic India Private, Associated British Food Plc., The Stash Tea Company, Republic of Tea, Celestial Seasonings, Humanitea Company, Purity Organic Inc., Numi Organic Tea., And Others.
- Organic Coffee
- Organic Tea
- Plastic Containers
- Paper Pouches
- Aluminum Tins
- Tea Bags
Based on geography, the global organic tea and coffee market can be further segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and Rest of the World. Asia Pacific held a 37% market share compared to other regions in 2021. This is because of the increasing consumption of tea and coffee in India, China and various Asian countries that produce tea and coffee in the region. According to Tea Industry and Exports in India, India is one of the world's leading tea growers, consuming nearly 80% of its own production. China also produces about 2.97 million metric tons of tea in 2020. India exported nearly 250 million kg of tea in 2019. For this reason, the estimation period of 2022-2027 will be favorable for the Asia-Pacific region.
On the other hand, natural foods and beverages are gaining popularity in developed countries such as North America and Europe. The global organic tea and coffee market in North America is expected to develop at the fastest pace during the forecast period 2022-2027. Australia, France, Canada, the United States and Saudi Arabia are the largest importers of oolong tea. According to the United States Tea Association, approximately 160 million Americans drink tea today, accounting for about half of the US population. Consumer car purchases also increased in 2012, with grocery retail sales exceeding $2.25 billion.
- North America
- Rest of North America
- The Netherlands
- Nordic Countries
- Benelux Union
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
Significant Market Dynamics:
Recently, people prefer organic products because of their medicinal properties. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), cancer is the leading cause of death worldwide, killing approximately 10 million people by 2020. Demand for organic tea and coffee is skyrocketing as cancer is rampant around the world. As interest in health has recently increased, organic tea and coffee are preferred in daily life. And choosing organic tea and coffee supports efforts to make the world a healthier place. Organic teas have more health benefits because the leaves do not contain artificial pesticides or herbicide silt. This factor is shifting consumer preference toward organic tea and coffee, driving the market growth.
Recently, manufacturers are expanding their product portfolios by launching organic teas and coffees in a variety of flavors. Consumers these days are looking for organic and pure products as they become more health conscious. This element helps manufacturers expand their business and launch a wide range of organic tea and coffee products. Beyond that, to reduce their carbon footprint, manufacturers are introducing tea bags with compostable and biodegradable outer wrappers. We are also introducing ready-to-drink options to diversify our product line and increase our total sales. They are also spending on cutting-edge marketing methods and celebrity endorsements that are expected to boost the growth of the market in the coming years.
Organic tea and coffee items are sold at higher prices. This is due to the absence of artificial chemicals in most organic tea cultivation, which increases the cost of production. Certified organic products are expensive, 15-20% more expensive than regular products. In addition, growing demand for pesticide-free organic tea and coffee products in the international market affects export prices. These factors increase the cost of organic tea and coffee, hindering the market growth.
Organic Tea Coffee Market report scope:
CAGR of 6.1% from 2022 to 2030.
Organic Coffee, Organic Tea
Retail, Institutional, Commercial
Tata Global Beverages Limited, The Unilever Group, Organic India Private, Associated British Food Plc., The Stash Tea Company, Republic of Tea, Celestial Seasonings, Humanitea Company, Purity Organic Inc., Numi Organic Tea
Regions and Countries Covered
- North America: (US, Canada, Mexico, Rest of North America)
- Europe(Germany, France, Italy, Spain, UK, Nordic Countries, Benelux Union, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, Southeast Asia, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- The Middle East & Africa(Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, South Africa, Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
- Latin America(Brazil, Argentina, Rest of Latin America)
- Rest Of the World
2017 to 2022
2023 to 2030
Crucial Points from this Organic Tea Coffee Market Report
- Estimate Organic Tea Coffee Market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level - for product types, applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the supply chain in depth on the value growth at each step, in order to optimize value and bring effectiveness in your processes.
- Know the different dynamics affecting the market - challenges, key driving factors and opportunities.
- Get a quick viewpoint on the Organic Tea Coffee Market entropy - M&A's, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key companies for the historical 5 years.
- Estimate the supply-demand gaps, import-export data and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries worldwide for the market.
- Get complete insights on your competitor performance - market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Study the sales and distribution channels over key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
Frequently Asked Questions-
- What is the CAGR of Organic Tea Coffee Market?
- What are the key types of Organic Tea Coffee Market?
- What are the key applications of Organic Tea Coffee Market?
- Who are the key players in Organic Tea Coffee Market?