The Global Patient-Controlled Analgesic Pumps Market Size Was Valued At USD US$ 421.9 Million In 2022 And Is Expected To Expand At A Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) Of 5.2% From 2021 To 2030.
Patient Controlled Analgesia (PCA) Pump Market Overview:
Patient-controlled analgesia (PCA) pumps offer several benefits, including reduced postoperative complications, improved quality of recovery, reduced sedation, and minimized medication use. PCA pumps are also useful for patients who have problems taking oral medications. Therefore, increasing adoption of medical devices among patients unable to take oral medications is expected to drive the market. Additionally, the growing trend in home healthcare during the COVID-19 pandemic is also expected to propel the market growth in the coming years.
Patient-controlled pain pumps have positive outcomes for the pediatric postoperative population, including increased autonomy, simplified pain relief in the postoperative period, and maintenance of stable hemodynamics. Innovative PCA technologies such as PCA, PCEA and non-invasive forms of PCA have expanded the options available for pain treatment and are estimated to have a positive impact on market growth. Advances in pumps, including variable rate infusions that are calculated based on patient need for analgesics along with improved patient monitoring, are expected to enhance the use of these technologies over the forecast period.
Patient Controlled Analgesia (PCA) Pump market size, estimates and forecasts are provided in terms of sales volume (K units) and revenue (million USD), with historical and forecast data for the period 2017 to 2030, with 2022 being considered as the base year. This report segments the global Patient Controlled Analgesia (PCA) Pump market in detail. Regional market sizes related to products by type, by application, and by player are also delivered. In estimating the size of the market, we took into account the impact of COVID-19 and the Russian-Ukraine war.
Key Market Updates:
- In December 2017, Sheridan Memorial Hospital in Sheridan, Wyoming announced the successful integration of ICU Medical's LifeCare PCA7.0 infusion system with Cerner's core electronic health record (EHR) solution, Cerner Millennium. This announcement marks the first time that a Patient Controlled Pain Relief (PCA) pump has been integrated with Sheridan Memorial through Cerner's EHR technology.
- On April 1, 2022, Smiths Medical announced a partnership with Bainbridge Health. The partnership was focused on providing pharmacy and safety leaders visibility into emerging trends in intravenous drug safety and utilization.
- In January 2022, BD entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Parata Systems for US$1.525 billion.
Major Market Segments Covered in Patient Controlled Analgesia (PCA) Pump Industry Research:
Market Key Players:
Smiths Group plc, Fresenius Kabi Group, Hospira (Pfizer Inc.), Micrel Medical Devices, Ace Medical Co. Ltd, Terumo Corporation, And Others.
- Electronic PCA Pump
- Mechanical PCA Pump
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Home care settings
The United States dominates North America with a global market share of around 35.5% in 2021 and is expected to continue experiencing the same growth throughout the forecast period. The United States is the most lucrative market for patient-controlled analgesic pumps due to the high prevalence of chronic disease in the region.
For example, chronic kidney disease was the ninth most common cause of death in the United States in 2019, putting an estimated 80 million people at risk, or nearly one in three American adults. This has led to the observed impact on the increase in cases related to renal failure within the country, and thus this factor is likely to be interpreted as a driving factor for other surgeries and consequently to the growth of the patient control market. Painkiller pump.
Germany is estimated to contribute approximately 7.2% of the global market value share in the patient control analgesic pumps market in 2021, growing over the forecast period and providing lucrative opportunities for market players. This is because cancer cases are on the rise in the region.
According to the WHO 2020 report, more than 628,519 new cancer cases have been reported in Germany. These events represent a significant expansion of the patient control pain relief pump market. Because of this, the use of analgesic pumps has been increasing over time. Therefore, it propels the market forward growth during the forecast period of 2022 to 2030 in this region.
China accounted for approximately 5.5% share of the global patient control analgesic pumps market in 2021 and this share is expected to increase at a high rate during the forecast period. This growth is related to the advancement of domestic analgesic pump technology. A major factor behind this growth is the large elderly population in the country.
According to WHO, as of 2019, there are 176 million people aged 65 and over, and 254 million people aged 60 and over. Hence, the market for patient controlled analgesic pumps is growing favorably owing to the increasing risk of chronic diseases in the growing geriatric population.
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Nordic Countries
- Benelux Union
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
Patient Controlled Analgesia (PCA) Pump Market report scope:
CAGR of 5.2% from 2022 to 2030.
Electronic PCA Pump, Mechanical PCA Pump
Diabetes, Gastroenterology, Hematology, Oncology, Others
Smiths Group plc, Fresenius Kabi Group, Hospira (Pfizer Inc.), Micrel Medical Devices, Ace Medical Co. Ltd, Terumo Corporation
Regions and Countries Covered
- North America: (US, Canada, Mexico, Rest of North America)
- Europe(Germany, France, Italy, Spain, UK, Nordic Countries, Benelux Union, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, Southeast Asia, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- The Middle East & Africa(Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, South Africa, Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
- Latin America(Brazil, Argentina, Rest of Latin America)
- Rest Of the World
2017 to 2022
2023 to 2030
Crucial Points from this Patient Controlled Analgesia (PCA) Pump Report
- Estimate Patient Controlled Analgesia (PCA) Pump market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level - for product types, applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the supply chain in depth on the value growth at each step, in order to optimize value and bring effectiveness in your processes.
- Know the different dynamics affecting the market - challenges, key driving factors and opportunities.
- Get a quick viewpoint on the Patient Controlled Analgesia (PCA) Pump market entropy - M&A's, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key companies for the historical 5 years.
- Estimate the supply-demand gaps, import-export data and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries worldwide for the market.
- Get complete insights on your competitor performance - market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Study the sales and distribution channels over key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
Frequently Asked Questions-
- What is the CAGR of Patient Controlled Analgesia (PCA) Pump market?
- What are the key types of Patient Controlled Analgesia (PCA) Pump market?
- What are the key applications of Patient Controlled Analgesia (PCA) Pump market?
- Who are the key players in Patient Controlled Analgesia (PCA) Pump market?