The Global Pet Microchip Market Is Expected To Be Valued At USD 565.9 Million By 2030 And Grow At A CAGR Of 4.3% During The Forecast Period 2022 To 2030.
Pet Microchips Market Overview:
A microchip is a tiny electronic device, barely the size of a grain of rice. A standard pet microchip is usually 11-13mm long and 2mm in diameter. The small electronics consist of a coiled copper antenna and a chip the size of a millimeter or twice. These components are encased in a biocompatible glass or polymer housing, allowing the microchip to be safely placed in a pet. Using a sterile syringe, the microchip is implanted under the loose skin between the pet's shoulder blades. The veterinarian or RVT performs the implantation process, which is very quick and very similar to vaccination. Often, pets won't even notice that they're being chopped. The Microchip is a passive transponder that has no power source of its own. So it doesn't move and can only be activated by being powered by a signal from an external device. External devices are usually scanners. Pet microchips in the US use several different microchip frequencies, such as the 125kHz chip that can be read by most scanners in the US, the 134kHz chip that was introduced in 2004, and the 128kHz chip that was introduced in 2007.
Pet Microchips market size, estimates, and forecasts are provided in terms of sales volume (K Units) and revenue (million USD), with historical and forecast data for the period 2017 to 2030, with 2022 being considered as the base year. This report segments the global Pet Microchips market in detail. Regional market sizes related to products by type, by application, and by the player are also delivered. In estimating the size of the market, we took into account the impact of COVID-19 and the Russian-Ukraine war.
Major Segments Covered in the Global Pet Microchips Market:
Market Key Players:
Pethealth Inc., HomeAgain, Bayer, AVID Identification Systems, Datamars, Inc., Trovan, Ltd., Virbac, Animalcare, Ltd., Microchip4Solutions Inc., PeddyMark, EIDAP Inc., Micro-ID, Ltd., Cybortra Technology., And Others.
Pet Microchips Market by Types:
- 125 kHz Microchip
- 128 kHz Microchip
- 134.2 kHz Microchip
Pet Microchips Market by Applications:
Pet Microchips Market by Regions:
The report estimates revenue growth at the worldwide, regional, and country levels and delivers an analysis of the recent industry trends in each sub-segment from 2017 to 2030.
North America has the biggest share of the market for microchips for pets around the world. The region's market is growing because more and more people are spending money on pets and because tech-savvy pet owners want more and more advanced technology for their pets. According to the American Pet Products Association, the US pet business was worth USD 66.75 billion in 2016 and is expected to be worth USD 69.36 billion by 2017. Because more and more pets are getting lost, the U.S. is the leader in the market for microchips for pets in North America.
Over the next few years, the Asia-Pacific area is expected to grow at the fastest rate. This market for pet microchips is growing because more and more people in places like China, Australia, and India have pets and are becoming more aware of their health.
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Nordic Countries
- Benelux Union
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
Significant Market Dynamics:
Technological advancements and several innovations in products are expected to boost the growth of the global pet microchips market. Chipmakers have made several advances in increasing chip functionality. For example, some microchips are programmed in such a way that the door will only open when the microchipped pet approaches. This in turn helps keep stray dogs and other animals out of homes. Additionally, some companies offer pet loss alert services and travel assistance for individuals traveling with pets on vacation.
Report Scope of Global Pet Microchips Market:
CAGR of 4.3% from 2022 to 2030.
125 kHz Microchip, 128 kHz Microchip, 134.2 kHz Microchip
Horse, Dogs, Cats, Others
Pethealth Inc., HomeAgain, Bayer, AVID Identification Systems, Datamars, Inc., Trovan, Ltd., Virbac, Animalcare, Ltd., Microchip4Solutions Inc., PeddyMark, EIDAP Inc., Micro-ID, Ltd., Cybortra Technology.
Regions and Countries Covered
- North America: (US, Canada, Mexico, Rest of North America)
- Europe(Germany, France, Italy, Spain, UK, Nordic Countries, Benelux Union, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, Southeast Asia, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- The Middle East & Africa(Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, South Africa, Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
- Latin America(Brazil, Argentina, Rest of Latin America)
- Rest Of the World
2017 to 2022
2023 to 2030
Points Covered in the Report
- The points that are discussed within the report are the major market players that are involved in the Market such as Market players, raw material suppliers, equipment suppliers, end users, traders, distributors and etc.
- The complete profile of the companies is mentioned. And the capacity, production, price, revenue, cost, gross, gross margin, sales volume, sales revenue, consumption, growth rate, import, export, supply, future strategies, and the technological developments that they are making are also included within the report. This report analyzed 12 years of data history and forecast.
- The growth factors of the market are discussed in detail wherein the different end users of the market are explained in detail.
- Data and information by market player, region, type, application and etc., and custom research can be added according to specific requirements.
- The report contains a SWOT analysis of the market. Finally, the report contains the conclusion part where the opinions of the industrial experts are included.
Frequently Asked Questions-
What is the CAGR of Pet Microchips market?
The Pet Microchips Market is growing at a CAGR of 4.3% During Forecast Period.
What are the key types and applications of Pet Microchips market?
- 125 kHz Microchip, 128 kHz Microchip, 134.2 kHz Microchip
- Horse, Dogs, Cats, Others
Who are the key players in Pet Microchips market?
Pethealth Inc., HomeAgain, Bayer, AVID Identification Systems, Datamars, Inc., Trovan, Ltd., Virbac, Animalcare, Ltd., Microchip4Solutions Inc., PeddyMark, EIDAP Inc., Micro-ID, Ltd., Cybortra Technology., And others.
Any special requirements about this report, please let us know and we can provide custom report.
Note – In order to provide more accurate market forecast, all our reports will be updated before delivery by considering the impact of COVID-19 and the Russia-Ukraine war.