Piperylene Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth Opportunities, Future Trends, Covid-19 Impact, SWOT Analysis, Competition and Forecasts 2022 to 2030
The Global Piperylene Market Is Projected To Grow At A CAGR Of 5.6% From 2022 To 2030
Piperylene Market Overview:
Piperylene is a flammable hydrocarbon used as an intermediate in the production of various high-octane alkylates and other chemicals. It is also used to make rubber, dyes, solvents and medicines. Piperylene is used as a chemical raw material for the production of caprolactam, an important monomer for the manufacture of nylon. It can be produced from petroleum or by hydrogenating benzene or toluene over a nickel catalyst. The growth can be attributed to various factors such as increasing demand for adhesives, paints, rubber, and other industrial applications. North America is expected to be the fastest growing market during the forecast period.
Piperylene market size, estimates, and forecasts are provided in terms of sales volume (K Units) and revenue (million USD), with historical and forecast data for the period 2017 to 2030, with 2022 being considered as the base year. This report segments the global Piperylene market in detail. Regional market sizes related to products by type, by application, and by the player are also delivered. In estimating the size of the market, we took into account the impact of COVID-19 and the Russian-Ukraine war.
Key Market Updates:
- In June 2018, ExxonMobil began production of "Escorez" hydrocarbon resins and halobutyl elastomers (rubbers) at its integrated petrochemical plant in Singapore. The hydrocarbon resin plant will have a total capacity of 90 tons per year to meet the demand for hot melt adhesives used in baby diapers and packaging solutions. Demand for piperylene in Singapore is estimated to increase significantly as piperylene is used as a raw material for the manufacture of hydrocarbon resins.
- In May 2019, Eastman Chemical Company announced the expansion of production of non-hydrogenated and hydrogenated hydrocarbon resins at two of its petrochemical facilities - Middelburg (Netherlands) and Pennsylvania (USA). The expansion will be completed by mid-2020, after which the hydrocarbon resin will be further used for the manufacture of hot-melt adhesives. The expansion of hydrocarbon resin plants will further boost demand for piperylene in the United States and the Netherlands.
- In July 2019, Henkel announced plans to invest $45 million to expand its UV acrylic adhesives plant in Salisbury, North Carolina, USA. UV acrylic adhesives will be further used in the manufacture of self-adhesive labels and tapes. The expansion will further increase the demand for piperylene in the U.S. as piperylene acts as a binder in the manufacture of adhesives.
Major Segments Covered in the Global Piperylene Market:
Market Key Players:
LyondellBasell Industries N.V., The Dow Chemical Company, Exxon Mobil, Shell Chemicals, Triveni chemicals, Braskem, Yuhuang Chemical Inc., Zeon Corporation, Shanghai Shangyi Chemical Technology Co., Ltd., And Others.
Piperylene Market by Types:
- 40% Purity
- 40% -65% Purity
- 65% Purity
Piperylene Market by Applications:
Piperylene Market by Regions:
The report estimates revenue growth at the worldwide, regional, and country levels and delivers an analysis of the recent industry trends in each sub-segment from 2017 to 2030.
The North America region is expected to dominate the global piperylene market during the reporting period. It will account for a large revenue share, followed by Asia Pacific. Countries covered in North America include the United States, Canada, and Mexico, among others. Growing demand for adhesives, paints, rubber, and other applications will drive the piperylene market in the region over the next few years. The Latin America piperylene market is estimated to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period. Expanding construction and automotive industries in Brazil and growing demand for packaging materials will drive regional growth. The Brazilian government has planned several infrastructure developments, including roads and railways; which will increase the demand for piperylene in the region. The European piperylene market is anticipated owing to several factors, including growing demand for pepper-based chemicals in the automotive industry and rising consumer awareness towards herbal products manufactured using piperidine derivatives containing high-purity grades of PIPE Pharmaceutical, personal care and chemical industries will grow. The Asia Pacific market is expected to have the highest demand for piperylene. The region shows potential growth potential in terms of major end-use industries of pentadiene such as adhesives and paints owing to population growth and economic development in countries such as India, China, and Japan.
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Nordic Countries
- Benelux Union
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
Significant Market Dynamics:
Drivers And Restraints :
The piperylene market has witnessed significant growth in demand over the past few years and is expected to maintain growth in the coming years. Increasing end-users of piperylene derivative products ultimately drives the demand for piperylene.
Increasing investments in industries such as infrastructure, automotive, and aerospace in developing countries are expected to drive demand for high-performance plastics, adhesives, and coatings in the near future. To reduce maintenance and restoration costs, market players related to the manufacture of components for the automotive, aerospace, and construction industries require a special coating that provides better protection for long-term operations.
In addition to this, the automotive and aerospace industries are focusing more on improving performance and fuel economy by using alternatives to heavy metal components. Furthermore, the ability of piperylene-derived plastics and coatings to efficiently meet specific and tailored industry requirements is expected to positively impact the demand for piperylene-based products.
As the piperylene market is innovation-driven, stakeholders across the value chain are focusing on R&D to develop innovative products of piperylene. Chemical properties such as high flammability and toxicity affecting the human body and respiratory system may restrain the market growth.
In addition to this, unwanted polymerization may also hinder the adoption of piperylene products in certain chemical processes. However, this effect is expected to be fully offset by drivers of the piperylene market.
Report Scope of Global Piperylene Market:
CAGR of 5.96% from 2022 to 2030.
40% Purity40% -65% Purity 65% Purity
LyondellBasell Industries N.V., The Dow Chemical Company, Exxon Mobil, Shell Chemicals, Triveni chemicals, Braskem, Yuhuang Chemical Inc., Zeon Corporation, Shanghai Shangyi Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
Regions and Countries Covered
2017 to 2022
2023 to 2030
Points Covered in the Report
- The points that are discussed within the report are the major market players that are involved in the Market such as Market players, raw material suppliers, equipment suppliers, end users, traders, distributors and etc.
- The complete profile of the companies is mentioned. And the capacity, production, price, revenue, cost, gross, gross margin, sales volume, sales revenue, consumption, growth rate, import, export, supply, future strategies, and the technological developments that they are making are also included within the report. This report analyzed 12 years of data history and forecast.
- The growth factors of the market are discussed in detail wherein the different end users of the market are explained in detail.
- Data and information by market player, region, type, application and etc., and custom research can be added according to specific requirements.
- The report contains a SWOT analysis of the market. Finally, the report contains the conclusion part where the opinions of the industrial experts are included.
Frequently Asked Questions-
What is the CAGR of Piperylene market?
The Piperylene Market is growing at a CAGR of 5.96% During Forecast Period.
What are the key types and applications of Piperylene market?
- 40% Purity40% -65% Purity 65% Purity
Who are the key players in Piperylene market?
LyondellBasell Industries N.V., The Dow Chemical Company, Exxon Mobil, Shell Chemicals, Triveni chemicals, Braskem, Yuhuang Chemical Inc., Zeon Corporation, Shanghai Shangyi Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.Any special requirements about this report, please let us know and we can provide a custom report.
Note – In order to provide a more accurate market forecast, all our reports will be updated before delivery by considering the impact of COVID-19 and the Russia-Ukraine war.