Polyamide Imide Resin Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth Opportunities, Future Trends, Covid-19 Impact, SWOT Analysis, Competition and Forecasts 2022 to 2030
The Global Polyamide-Imide Resin Market size was valued at USD 687.1 Million in 2022 and is growing at a CAGR of 6.5% from 2022 to 2030.
Polyamide Imide Resin Market Overview:
Polyamide-Imide is a high-performance, amorphous thermoplastic that can be melt processed. It is an ideal material for maintaining thickness and strength with minimal expansion. Products are classified into solvent type and water type. Resins are usually polymerized with aromatic diisocyanates and anhydrides or aromatic diamines and aromatic acid chloride anhydrides. In addition, polyamide-imide resins are mechanically, chemically and thermally resistant. It also offers high strength and excellent high heat ability. High product consumption can be seen in films, coatings, fibers, ingots and adhesives.
Growing demand for glass fillers along with the rapidly growing automotive industry will drive up the consumption of polyamide-imide resins. The adoption of glass fibers in polyamide-imide resins helps to extend the flexural modulus of polyamide-imide resins while reducing the expansion rate. Additionally, the excellent thermal properties of polyamide-imide resins make them a preferred choice in the automotive industry. Therefore, these factors are expected to boost the consumption of polyamideimide resins and propel the market growth during the forecast period.
However, demand fluctuates due to the unavailability of polyamide-imide resins. Hence, this is expected to hinder market growth.
Polyamide Imide Resin market size, estimates and forecasts are provided in terms of sales volume (K units) and revenue (million USD), with historical and forecast data for the period 2017 to 2030, with 2022 being considered as the base year. This report segments the global Polyamide Imide Resin market in detail. Regional market sizes related to products by type, by application, and by player are also delivered. In estimating the size of the market, we took into account the impact of COVID-19 and the Russian-Ukraine war.
Major Market Segments Covered in Polyamide Imide Resin Industry Research:
Market Key Players:
Innotek Technology, Axalta Coating Systems, Toyobo, Nuplex Resins, Fujifilm, Hitachi Chemical, And Others.
- In August 2021, SABIC, a global leader in the chemical industry, announced the launch of a new polyamideimide (PAI) resin called “ULTEM AMHU85” specifically designed for use in high-temperature applications such as automotive and aerospace. , and electronics.
- In June 2021, Belgian chemical company Solvay announced that it can withstand temperatures of up to 315°C, has excellent chemical resistance and dimensional stability.
- In March 2021, German specialty chemicals company Evonik Industries AG announced that it has expanded its production capacity for polyamideimide (PAI) resins at its German plant. This expansion is expected to strengthen Evonik's position in the global PAI resin market.
- In January 2021, Japanese chemical company Mitsui Chemicals announced the launch of a new polyamide-imide (PAI) resin called "ARLEN Polyamide-Imide" for use in automotive, electronics and industrial applications. The new resin offers high thermal stability, good mechanical strength and low hygroscopicity.
- Food packaging
- Paper and pulp
- Electrical and electronics
- Oil and gas
Based on geography, the polyamide-imide resins market can be segmented into North America, South America, Europe, APAC, and EMEA. Asia Pacific has emerged as the market's most dominant region. In 2021, the Asia-Pacific region accounted for approximately 41% of total revenue earned in the global market. Asia-Pacific countries, including China and India, are comparatively ahead in terms of growth in the aerospace sector. In 2022, the Indian Air Force (IAF) announced plans to deliver 73 Tejas Mark-1A fighter jets, with deliveries expected between 2024 and 2028.
The polyamide-imide resin market will also witness significant growth in North America. The United States and Canada are emerging as competing countries in the Polyamide-Imide Resins market. According to the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the development of US flagship aircraft carriers is estimated to grow at a rate of 54 aircraft per year.
- North America
- Rest of North America
- The Netherlands
- Nordic Countries
- Benelux Union
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
Significant Market Dynamics:
Polyamide-imide is a thermoplastic amorphous polymer with excellent mechanical strength, heat and chemical resistance. Some of its other properties include high strength and stiffness, good wear resistance, excellent chemical resistance and excellent thermal stability. It also exhibits greater compressive strength and higher impact resistance than most advanced engineering plastics. Polyamide-imides are impervious to aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbons, chlorinated and fluorinated hydrocarbons, and most acids at moderate temperatures. Due to these excellent properties, polyamideimides are widely used in various industries such as aerospace, automotive, electrical and electronic, and oil and gas.
Polyamide-imides are replacing traditional materials including thermoset polymers, metals and other types of plastics in applications requiring high thermal resiliency. Demand is increasing in various end-use industries such as oil and gas, automotive, aerospace, electrical and electronics. This high demand is due to the excellent properties of polyamide-imides such as high strength and stiffness, good wear resistance, excellent chemical resistance and excellent thermal stability.
Hybrid technology is being used to manufacture conventional and engineering plastics to match the properties of polyamide-imides. Conventional and engineering plastics are relatively cheaper than polyamideimide because raw materials are readily available and processing costs are low. Hybrid technology combines the properties of two materials so that the combined effect is greater than the sum of the individual parts. For example, low-grade polyamides such as PA6 and PA66 are developed alongside composites to perform in high-temperature applications.
Polyamide Imide Resin Market report scope:
CAGR of 6.5% from 2022 to 2030.
Food packaging, Paper and pulp, Architectural, Marine, Other
Innotek Technology, Axalta Coating Systems, Toyobo, Nuplex Resins, Fujifilm, Hitachi Chemical
Regions and Countries Covered
2017 to 2022
2023 to 2030
Crucial Points from this Polyamide Imide Resin Report
- Estimate Polyamide Imide Resin market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level - for product types, applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the supply chain in depth on the value growth at each step, in order to optimize value and bring effectiveness in your processes.
- Know the different dynamics affecting the market - challenges, key driving factors and opportunities.
- Get a quick viewpoint on the Polyamide Imide Resin market entropy - M&A's, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key companies for the historical 5 years.
- Estimate the supply-demand gaps, import-export data and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries worldwide for the market.
- Get complete insights on your competitor performance - market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Study the sales and distribution channels over key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
Frequently Asked Questions-
- What is the CAGR of Polyamide Imide Resin market?
- What are the key types of Polyamide Imide Resin market?
- What are the key applications of Polyamide Imide Resin market?
- Who are the key players in Polyamide Imide Resin market?