Sugar Free Foods Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth Opportunities, Future Trends, Covid-19 Impact, SWOT Analysis, Competition and Forecasts 2022 to 2030
The Sugar-Free Market Is Expected To Reach $65.31 Billion By 2030 At A CAGR Of 6.2% From 2022 To 2030.
Sugar Free Foods Market Overview:
According to an article published by Massachusetts General Hospital in August 2021, cutting 20 percent of sugar in packaged foods and 40 percent in beverages could prevent 2.48 million cardiovascular events, 490,000 cardiovascular-related deaths, and 750,000 diabetes . Thus, many companies in the food industry have already begun producing sugar-free products that are either reduced in sugar and naturally sweetened or sweetened as sugar substitutes.
Demand for sugar-free and immunity-enhancing products has also increased as people seek solutions that can enhance their overall health and well-being. The COVID-19 pandemic has also forced health-conscious customers to switch to lower-calorie or sugar-free products. Therefore, as consumers become more health conscious and demand for low-sugar solutions increases, manufacturers and product makers are focusing on sugar-free foods and beverages.
The epidemic has also promoted people's transition to a healthy lifestyle by improving their eating habits. For example, according to a 2021 Food Information Council study, 85% of Americans have changed their eating habits in 2020, and 39% followed a specific diet in 2021. These changing eating habits have fueled healthy living trends in the United States, further fueling the demand for sugar-free products in the United States.
Sugar Free Foods Market size, estimates and forecasts are provided in terms of sales volume (K units) and revenue (million USD), with historical and forecast data for the period 2017 to 2030, with 2022 being considered as the base year. This report segments the global Sugar Free Foods Market in detail. Regional market sizes related to products by type, by application, and by player are also delivered. In estimating the size of the market, we took into account the impact of COVID-19 and the Russian-Ukraine war.
Key Market Updates:
- In 2013, Chile imposed a 13% tax on non-alcoholic beverages. In 2014, this tax was raised from 13% to 18% on soft drinks with more than 6.25g of sugar per 100ml. In contrast, the tax on soft drinks with less than the above sugar content was reduced from 13% to 10%.
- In 2014, Mexico introduced a volumetric SSB tax, raising soft drink prices by 11%.
- In 2015, the US introduced a tax of 1 cent per fluid ounce, raising the average price of SSB by 0.83 cents per fluid ounce.
- In 2017, Portugal introduced a second stage SSB tax.
Market Key Players:
Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kraft Heinz, Hershey, Kellogg Company, And Others.
Major Market Segments Covered in Sugar Free Foods Market Industry Research:
- Sugar-free beverages
- Sugar-free dairy products
- Sugar-free confectionery
- Sugar-free bakery products
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Online Stores
- Other Channels
In France, soft drinks are up to 3.5% more expensive due to a tax on sugar-sweetened drinks. Thus, regulatory pressure in the form of a sugar tax has encouraged the beverage industry to adopt sugar substitutes and produce unsweetened beverages, driving the growth of the unsweetened products market.
North America is estimated to account for the largest share of the sugar free products market. The major share of the market in this region is attributed to the rise in the obese and diabetic population, rising health and wellness concerns, entrenched food and beverage industry, and strong demand for sugar-free products. Additionally, the presence of prominent players offering sugar-free products across different segments further supports the growth of the market in this region. However, Asia Pacific is set to register the fastest growth rate during the forecast period of 2022-2029.
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Nordic Countries
- Benelux Union
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
Significant Market Dynamics:
- Growing Demand for Calorie-Free Sweeteners
- aging population growth
- Growing health problems such as obesity and diabetes
- growing disposable income
- People are consuming more sugar-free products to stay healthy and physically active.
- Specialty retail stores offering sugar-free foods
- Diverse players entering the market with different product lines
- Concerns about the safety of sugar substitutes
- price sensitive consumer
- Rising Demand in the Economy
- Low acceptance due to ambiguity about the safety profile of artificial sweeteners
- Taste problems with artificial sweeteners
- Variety of sugar food portfolio
Sugar Free Foods Market report scope:
Key Takeaways from this Sugar Free Foods Market Report
- Estimate Sugar Free Foods Market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level - for product types, applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the supply chain in depth on the value growth at each step, in order to optimize value and bring effectiveness in your processes.
- Know the different dynamics affecting the market - challenges, key driving factors and opportunities.
- Get a quick viewpoint on the Sugar Free Foods Market entropy - M&A's, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key companies for the historical 5 years.
- Estimate the supply-demand gaps, import-export data and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries worldwide for the market.
- Get complete insights on your competitor performance - market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Study the sales and distribution channels over key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
Frequently Asked Questions-
What is the CAGR of Sugar Free Foods Market?
The Sugar Free Foods Market is growing at a CAGR of 6.2% During Forecast Period.
What are the key types of Sugar Free Foods Market?
Sugar-free beverages, Sugar-free dairy products, Sugar-free confectionery, Sugar-free bakery products, Others
What are the key applications of Sugar Free Foods Market?
Supermarkets/Hypermarkets, Convenience Stores, Specialty Stores, Online Stores, Other Channels
Who are the key players in Sugar Free Foods Market?Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kraft Heinz, Hershey, Kellogg Company, And others.