The Global Sweetener Powder Market Size Is Expected To Reach A CAGR Of 8.0% During the Forecast Period 2022-2030.
Sweetener Powder Market Overview:
Sweetener powders are food additives used to give foods a sweet taste without adding calories. While the health-conscious population is starting to cut back on the calories sugar provides, individuals don't want to compromise on the taste of their food. Sweetener powder is a versatile product used as a tabletop sweetener as well as an additive in foods.
The use of powdered sweeteners as food additives to enhance the taste and sweetness of food is strictly regulated by governmental regulatory agencies such as the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The sweetener powder market sees ample growth in developed countries owing to relatively high health-related population.
Sweetener Powder market size, estimates and forecasts are provided in terms of sales volume (K units) and revenue (million USD), with historical and forecast data for the period 2017 to 2030, with 2022 being considered as the base year. This report segments the global Sweetener Powder market in detail. Regional market sizes related to products by type, by application, and by player are also delivered. In estimating the size of the market, we took into account the impact of COVID-19 and the Russian-Ukraine war.
Key Market Updates:
- In 2017, Tate & Lyle of the UK launched crystalline allulose. Certain product portfolio expansions have been made to expand the application of allulose syrup, such as table-top sweeteners, meal replacement mixes, and dry beverages, chocolate confectionery, and fat-based creams. We launched this product to add taste and pleasure to meals without calories.
- In November 2016, PureCircle Ltd., one of the major multinational food manufacturers based in Malaysia, launched Sigma-Beverage. This product is specially formulated for use in beverages to improve the texture and taste of beverages. It is the company's third specific stevia sweetener, along with two others such as Sigma-Tea and Sigma-Dairy.
Major Market Segments Covered in Sweetener Powder Industry Research:
Market Key Players:
Merisant, Cargill, Van Wankum Ingredients, HYETSweet, Archer Daniels Midland, PureCircle, And Others.
- Organic Sweetener Powder
- Conventional Sweetener Powder
- Food & Beverage Industry
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
By Distribution Channel:
- Convenience Stores
The US is the dominant country in terms of market value and size. There is a high demand for sweetener powder products used in various food and beverage applications. Latin America is expected to be the fastest-growing region for the sweetener powders market during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to the growing demand for organic and conventional sweeteners in the food and beverage industry and pharmaceutical sector. Additionally, increasing awareness of healthy eating among consumers is driving the demand for sweetener powders in Latin America. Europe is expected to remain the largest market for sweetener powders during the forecast period. The Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa regions are expected to dominate the global sweetener powders market during the forecast period, owing to growing demand from the food & beverage industry and pharmaceutical sector.
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Nordic Countries
- Benelux Union
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
The growing awareness of the health hazards associated with consuming excessive amounts of sugar has led to an increase in demand for sugar substitutes. Sweetener granules provide an alternative to sugar that enables individuals to reduce their sugar consumption without sacrificing flavor.
Increasing incidence of diabetes has contributed to an increase in the demand for sweetener granules. Patients with diabetes must monitor their sugar consumption, and sweetener granules provide a sugar-free alternative to traditional sugar.
Increasing demand for low-calorie foods: As consumers become more health-conscious, they seek out low-calorie food options. Low-calorie sweetener powders can help meet this expanding demand for healthier food options.
Availability of sweetener granules increasing: The availability of various forms and flavors of sweetener powders has increased substantially, making them more accessible to consumers.
The cost of sweetener powders can be considerably higher than that of traditional sugar, limiting their use in low-income markets in particular.
Taste: Although sweetener granules are intended to mimic the flavor of sugar, they may not be able to do so in all applications, which can limit their acceptability in certain markets.
While sweetener granules are marketed as healthier alternatives to traditional sugar, there are concerns regarding the safety of some artificial sweeteners, which can limit their use.
Natural sweeteners such as stevia and monk fruit, which offer an alternative to artificial sweeteners, are in high demand.
Increasing innovation: The market for sweetener powder is ripe for innovation, such as the development of new flavors and formulations that better replicate the taste of traditional sugar.
Increasing demand in emerging markets Emerging markets present significant development opportunities for the market for sweetener powder due to the rising demand for healthier food options and the rising adoption of westernized dietary patterns.
Sweetener Powder Market report scope:
CAGR of 8% from 2022 to 2030.
Organic Sweetener Powder, Conventional Sweetener Powder
Food & Beverage Industry, Pharmaceuticals, Cosmetics & Personal Care, Others
Merisant, Cargill, Van Wankum Ingredients, HYETSweet, Archer Daniels Midland, PureCircle
Regions and Countries Covered
- North America: (US, Canada, Mexico, Rest of North America)
- Europe(Germany, France, Italy, Spain, UK, Nordic Countries, Benelux Union, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, Southeast Asia, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- The Middle East & Africa(Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, South Africa, Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
- Latin America(Brazil, Argentina, Rest of Latin America)
- Rest Of the World
2017 to 2022
2023 to 2030
Crucial Points from this Sweetener Powder Report
- Estimate Sweetener Powder market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level - for product types, applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the supply chain in depth on the value growth at each step, in order to optimize value and bring effectiveness in your processes.
- Know the different dynamics affecting the market - challenges, key driving factors and opportunities.
- Get a quick viewpoint on the Sweetener Powder market entropy - M&A's, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key companies for the historical 5 years.
- Estimate the supply-demand gaps, import-export data and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries worldwide for the market.
- Get complete insights on your competitor performance - market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Study the sales and distribution channels over key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
Frequently Asked Questions-
- What is the CAGR of Sweetener Powder market?
- What are the key types of Sweetener Powder market?
- What are the key applications of Sweetener Powder market?
- Who are the key players in Sweetener Powder market?