The Global Transparent Screen Market size was USD 1.26 Billion in 2022 and is expected to register a revenue CAGR of 45.0% during the forecast period.
Transparent Screen Market Overview:
A transparent screen is a technology that passes ambient light from real objects behind a display panel such as a liquid crystal display (LCD) or organic light emitting diode (OLED) display. Unlike any other display, a transparent display can display graphical information on a transparent screen. These see-through displays pass ambient light from real objects behind display panels, including LCDs and OLEDs. Transparent display is the next-generation display technology that has revolutionized the display market and provides great advertising and artistic effects. These displays are also known to have high transmittance, high-speed response, and high contrast compared to conventional display systems. Furthermore, transparent displays are also known to consume less power.
Transparent Screen market size, estimates and forecasts are provided in terms of sales volume (K units) and revenue (million USD), with historical and forecast data for the period 2017 to 2030, with 2022 being considered as the base year. This report segments the global Transparent Screen market in detail. Regional market sizes related to products by type, by application, and by player are also delivered. In estimating the size of the market, we took into account the impact of COVID-19 and the Russian-Ukraine war.
Key Market Updates:
- In May 2022 - Panasonic Corporation announced the launch of a 55-inch transparent OLED display module with high image visibility. The new product is less than 1 cm thick and uses a self-luminous transparent OLED display panel that provides high transparency and vivid colors. High-quality pictures.
- In September 2021 - LG Display has partnered with South Korean ride-hailing company Kakao Mobility to create a smart parking lot in Seoul using its transparent OLED screens. According to the company, the 55-inch transparent OLED display panels will be installed at six entrances to the mall's car park. These will cover the existing glass walls, creating effects and illusions without taking up space or distracting customers.
Major Market Segments Covered in Transparent Screen Industry Research:
Market Key Players:
LG, Auroled, Leyard, YIPLED, Skyview, Unilumin, NEXNOVO, Beneq, LedHero, Teeho, And Others.
- Smart Appliances
- Head-Up Displays (HUD)
- Digital Signage
- Advertising Media
- Retail and Hospitality
- Stage Performance
The Asia-Pacific region is expected to witness increased demand for transparent displays from various end-users such as automobiles, where these displays are used as windshields, retail stores, where these eye-catching displays are used for better advertising, etc.
Growth in the automotive industry, especially electric vehicles, is expected to create a favorable market environment for the transparent display market as automakers increasingly incorporate advanced features into vehicles. China, the largest manufacturer of electric vehicles, is expected to remain the main demand driver for transparent displays.
In 2021, China is the leading manufacturer of electric vehicles, with about 2.9 million vehicles, according to the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers. In addition, China produced 601,000 plug-in hybrid vehicles.
In addition, growth in the transportation industry, especially in countries such as China, Taiwan, and India, and the increasing use of transparent displays as digital signage, billboards are expected to continue to be a major demand driver for transparent displays. For example, in May 2021, the fully automatic subway Chengdu Metro adopted an open cockpit and LUMINEQ glass displays on its Line 9.
- North America
- Rest of North America
- The Netherlands
- Nordic Countries
- Benelux Union
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
Significant Market Dynamics:
The increasing use of HMD and HUD transparent displays in various fields such as automotive, aerospace & defense, sports & entertainment, and healthcare has created a huge demand for the transparent display market. Transparent displays have an innovative, compelling impact on consumers and influence their viewing behavior. OLED has become a key display technology for smart wearable devices, including smart glasses and AR/VR HMDs. With a major market share in 2018, OLED displays are expected to experience high growth in various fields. The increasing application of HMD in the fields of medical, automotive, consumer, entertainment, and education is expected to contribute to the significant growth of the transparent display market in the coming years. The growth of the transparent display market will surge the demand for smart glass, HUD, and HMD display panels over the next 5 years.
The electronics industry is overpriced or inflated for products based on display technology, and prices will drop sharply in the next few years as the technology matures. The display market witnessed a significant drop in the prices of LCD-based display products in 2013, 2014, and 2015 due to mature manufacturing and the introduction of newer display technologies such as LED and OLED. However, new display technologies such as OLED are costly, so end users wait for the price to come down. This factor has a great impact on the transparent display market. The adoption of new and innovative technologies involves high initial manufacturing costs, leading to increased equipment costs and potentially hampering the market growth in the coming years.
Transparent displays are widely used in digital signage products in various verticals such as retail, hospitality, smart home appliances, and automobiles. Transparent OLED screens are a compelling new development in digital signage and display technology for conveying dynamic or interactive content through transparent surfaces. The viewer can see what is shown on the screen but still see through the background. This display solution allows designers to superimpose digital content such as images, text and video onto real objects placed behind a transparent screen. Transparent displays are used in digital signage because the display is a glass window that integrates a touch screen and an alternating light source that does not block the display and allows light to pass from both directions. This differs from standard LCD screens, which have a backlight assembly that illuminates the pixels on the screen to create visibility for the viewer. Transparent displays are gaining popularity due to their lower power consumption, which is about 10% lower than conventional LCD displays.
The revenue of display panel manufacturers mainly depends on the average selling price and shipment volume of display panels and is affected by fluctuations in such prices and shipment volume. The price and shipment volume of display panels are affected by various factors, such as raw material cost, yield rate, supply and demand, competition, pricing strategy and transportation cost. The average selling price (ASP) of raw materials in the display industry and the average selling price of display panels fluctuate greatly. When production capacity increases substantially, the average selling price of display panels may decrease. Conversely, when supply cannot meet rising demand, average selling prices may rise.
Transparent Screen Market report scope:
CAGR of 45.0% from 2022 to 2030.
LCD, LED, OLED,
Advertising Media, Retail and Hospitality, Stage Performance, Exhibition, Others
LG, Auroled, Leyard, YIPLED, Skyview, Unilumin, NEXNOVO, Beneq, LedHero, Teeho
Regions and Countries Covered
- North America: (US, Canada, Mexico, Rest of North America)
- Europe(Germany, France, Italy, Spain, UK, Nordic Countries, Benelux Union, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, Southeast Asia, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- The Middle East & Africa(Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, South Africa, Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
- Latin America(Brazil, Argentina, Rest of Latin America)
- Rest Of the World
2017 to 2022
2023 to 2030
Crucial Points from this Transparent Screen Report
- Estimate Transparent Screen market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level - for product types, applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the supply chain in depth on the value growth at each step, in order to optimize value and bring effectiveness in your processes.
- Know the different dynamics affecting the market - challenges, key driving factors and opportunities.
- Get a quick viewpoint on the Transparent Screen market entropy - M&A's, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key companies for the historical 5 years.
- Estimate the supply-demand gaps, import-export data and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries worldwide for the market.
- Get complete insights on your competitor's performance - market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Study the sales and distribution channels over key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
Frequently Asked Questions-
What is the CAGR of Transparent Screen market?
The Transparent Screen Market is growing at a CAGR of 45.0% During Forecast Period.
What are the key types of Transparent Screen market?
LCD, LED, OLED,
What are the key applications of Transparent Screen market?
Advertising Media, Retail and Hospitality, Stage Performance, Exhibition, Others
Who are the key players in Transparent Screen market?
LG, Auroled, Leyard, YIPLED, Skyview, Unilumin, NEXNOVO, Beneq, LedHero, Teeho, And others.