The Global Variable Valve Timing (VVT) System in The Marine Engines Market size was valued at USD 38.89 billion in 2022 and is projected to reach USD 59.68 billion by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 5.50% from 2023 to 2030.
Variable Valve Timing (VVT)System in Marine Engines Market Overview:
The variable valve timing VVT system is a technology used to manage the opening and closing of engine valves. It does this by adjusting when the valves open and close based on the position of the crankshaft. This allows better control of the amount of air and fuel going into the engine, improving performance and fuel economy. Variable valve timing is especially important in marine engines where performance is critical to getting a boat aloft quickly.
The market growth can be attributed to the growing demand for high power marine engines and growing popularity of recreational boats and autonomous underwater vehicles (AUVs). Based on type, the global variable valve timing VVT system in the marine engine market is segmented into low-power marine engines, medium-power marine engines, and high-power marine engines. The medium power marine engine segment is expected to grow at a higher CAGR than other segments during the forecast period. This may be attributed to the increased demand for mid-range powerboats in several regions. Depending on the application, small recreational boats are expected to hold a major share of this market during 2022-2030, owing to their growing popularity among consumers across different regions.
Variable Valve Timing (VVT)System in Marine Engines market size, estimates and forecasts are provided in terms of sales volume (K units) and revenue (million USD), with historical and forecast data for the period 2017 to 2030, with 2022 being considered as the base year. This report segments the global Variable Valve Timing (VVT)System in Marine Engines market in detail. Regional market sizes related to products by type, by application, and by player are also delivered. In estimating the size of the market, we took into account the impact of COVID-19 and the Russian-Ukraine war.
Major Market Segments Covered in Variable Valve Timing (VVT)System in Marine Engines Industry Research:
Market Key Players:
Delphi, Denso, Aisin, Eaton, Hitachi Automotive Systems, And Others.
- Low-Power Output Marine Engines
- Mid-Power Output Marine Engines
- High-Power Output Marine Engines
By Phaser Types:
- Small Recreational Boats
- On-Water Commercial Boats
- Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV)
- Hydraulic Cam Phaser
- Electric Cam Phaser
By Valvetrain Type:
- Cam-Phasing Plus Changing
By Vehicle Type:
- Double Over Head Cam (DOHC)
- Single Over Head Cam (SOHC)
- Passenger Car
- Commercial Vehicle
Europe was the largest regional market in terms of revenue share in 2019 and is expected to continue to dominate throughout the forecast period. The region is witnessing an increase in demand for variable valve timing systems in the recreational boat sector due to the growing adoption of electric powered vessels. Growing interest in reducing harmful emissions and adoption of clean ocean technologies are also driving demand for products in the region.
Asia Pacific is expected to be one of the fastest-growing markets with a CAGR exceeding 6% during the forecast period, owing to increasing penetration of low-cost, high-performance VVT systems on large commercial vessels such as bulk carriers, container ships, and container ships. cruise ships, etc., especially in developing countries such as China and India. Moreover, favorable government regulations aimed at stimulating investment through foreign direct investment (FDI) are expected to propel market growth over the next seven years.
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Nordic Countries
- Benelux Union
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
Growing Demand for Fuel Efficient Engines in the Marine Industry
Stringent environmental regulations for emission control
The growing popularity of recreational boats and yachts
Advances in engine technology and electronic controls
Increasing investment in research and development by engine manufacturers
Variable Valve Timing (VVT)System in Marine Engines Market report scope:
CAGR of 5.5% from 2023 to 2030.
Low-Power Output Marine Engines, Mid-Power Output Marine Engines, High-Power Output Marine Engines, Others
Small Recreational Boats, On-Water Commercial Boats, Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV), Others
Delphi, Denso, Aisin, Eaton, Hitachi Automotive Systems
Regions and Countries Covered
- North America: (US, Canada, Mexico, Rest of North America)
- Europe(Germany, France, Italy, Spain, UK, Nordic Countries, Benelux Union, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, Southeast Asia, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- The Middle East & Africa(Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, South Africa, Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
- Latin America(Brazil, Argentina, Rest of Latin America)
- Rest Of the World
2017 to 2022
2023 to 2030
Key Takeaways from this Variable Valve Timing (VVT)System in Marine Engines Report
- Estimate Variable Valve Timing (VVT)System in Marine Engines market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level - for product types, applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the supply chain in depth on the value growth at each step, in order to optimize value and bring effectiveness in your processes.
- Know the different dynamics affecting the market - challenges, key driving factors and opportunities.
- Get a quick viewpoint on the Variable Valve Timing (VVT)System in Marine Engines market entropy - M&A's, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key companies for the historical 5 years.
- Estimate the supply-demand gaps, import-export data and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries worldwide for the market.
- Get complete insights on your competitor performance - market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Study the sales and distribution channels over key geographies to improve top-line revenues.