The Antihypertensive Drugs Market is estimated to reach a valuation of USD 30.2 Billion by 2022, growing at 3.0% CAGR during the assessment period 2022-2030
Antihypertensive Drugs Market Overview:
Antihypertensive drugs are used to treat high blood pressure. There are different types of antihypertensive drugs on the market. These help lower blood pressure. Some remove excess fluid and salt from the body, while others help relax and dilate blood vessels or slow the heart rate. A person responds better to one drug than another, with fewer side effects. Some patients require more than one antihypertensive drug to lower blood pressure. Hypertension is defined as a long-term medical condition characterized by persistently elevated blood pressure in the arteries. Antihypertensive drugs are used to treat patients with high blood pressure also known as hypertension. High blood pressure is a serious condition with serious complications such as heart attack, heart failure, and dementia. Therefore, hypertension requires early diagnosis and treatment. Some medications used to treat high blood pressure include diuretics, ACE inhibitors, and vasodilators.
Antihypertensive Drugs market size, estimates, and forecasts are provided in terms of sales volume (K Units) and revenue (million USD), with historical and forecast data for the period 2017 to 2030, with 2022 being considered as the base year. This report segments the global Antihypertensive Drugs market in detail. Regional market sizes related to products by type, by application, and by the player are also delivered. In estimating the size of the market, we considered the impact of COVID-19 and the Russian-Ukraine war.
Key Market Updates:
- April 2021 Radnor Biopharma develops a hormone-targeted therapy for high blood pressure
- In 2018, CFDA provided a new clinical approval process, allowing companies to carry out clinical trials in the absence of any opinion from the Center for Drug Evaluation within the prescribed time limit
- In July 2018, Daiichi Sankyo Co., Ltd.’s antihypertensive drug Civeka
Major Segments Covered in the Global Antihypertensive Drugs Market:
Market Key Players:
Alvogen, AstraZeneca plc, Bayer AG, Bellerophon Therapeutics, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Boryung Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Bristol-Myers Squibb and Company, Daiichi Sankyo Company, Gilead Sciences, Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, HanAll Biopharma Co., Ltd., Hanmi Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Johnson & Johnson (Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd.), JW Pharmaceutical Corporation (Choongwae Pharma), Kyowa Kirin Co., Ltd., Lung Biotechnology PBC, Merck & Co., Inc., Nippon Shinyaku Co. Ltd., Novartis AG, Pfizer, Inc., Purple Biotech (Kitov Pharmaceuticals), Sanofi SA, Servier Laboratories, Stendhal Pharma, Reata Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Takeda Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., United Therapeutics Corporation, Yuhan Co, Ltd., and Others
Antihypertensive Drugs Market by Types:
- Primary Hypertension
- Secondary Hypertension
- Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitors
- Angiotensin Receptor Blockers
- Calcium Channel Blockers
- Renin Inhibitors
- Combination Therapy
- Fixed Dose Combinations
Antihypertensive Drugs Market by Applications:
- Retail Pharmacy
- Hospital Pharmacy
- E-commerce Websites & Online Drug Stores
Antihypertensive Drugs Market by Regions:
The report estimates revenue growth at the worldwide, regional, and country levels and delivers an analysis of the recent industry trends in each sub-segment from 2017 to 2030.
In terms of region, North America accounted for a major share of the antihypertensive drugs market in 2018 and is expected to continue this trend in the near future owing to the easy availability of antihypertensive drugs. Furthermore, surging incidence of hypertension and rising geriatric population significantly contribute to the growth of the market in this region. However, Asia Pacific is expected to witness the highest growth over the forecast period owing to surging awareness related to the use of antihypertensive drugs. Moreover, the growing life sciences industry drives the market growth in developing economies such as India, China, and Malaysia.
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Nordic Countries
- Benelux Union
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
Significant Market Dynamics:
The growth of the hypertension drugs market is driven by major factors, namely increase in incidents of hypertension across the globe. Populations affected by diabetes, advancements in technology, and increasing aging population are the major aspects driving the growth of the global hypertension drugs market. Furthermore, increasing health expenditure, rise in cardiovascular diseases, and rise in tobacco users are driving the growth of the market.
According to WHO (World Health Organization) statistics, more than 1.13 billion people worldwide suffer from high blood pressure, of which only 1 out of every 5 people is cured or controlled. The major reasons for the growth of the hypertension drugs market are unhealthy diet, frequent alcohol consumption, lack of physical activity, and smoking. Hypertension may be a major cause of ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke and coronary heart disease. The World Health Organization also states that high blood pressure is one of the silent killers and one of the greatest public health concerns in the 21st century. Hypertension accounts for 12.8% of all deaths recorded globally, meaning 7.5 billion people died from high blood pressure or high blood pressure. In 2008, the global prevalence of hypertension in adults >25 years old was about 40%. Furthermore, in 2008, uncontrolled high blood pressure increased from 600 million cases to 1 billion due to dramatic population growth, specifically aging populations. In Africa, the prevalence of hypertension is more than 40%, while in North America it is lower at 35%.
Report Scope of Global Antihypertensive Drugs Market:
Points Covered in the Report
- The points that are discussed within the report are the major market players that are involved in the Market such as Market players, raw material suppliers, equipment suppliers, end users, traders, distributors and etc.
- The complete profile of the companies is mentioned. And the capacity, production, price, revenue, cost, gross, gross margin, sales volume, sales revenue, consumption, growth rate, import, export, supply, future strategies, and the technological developments that they are making are also included within the report. This report analyzed 12 years of data history and forecast.
- The growth factors of the market are discussed in detail wherein the different end users of the market are explained in detail.
- Data and information by market player, region, type, application and etc., and custom research can be added according to specific requirements.
- The report contains a SWOT analysis of the market. Finally, the report contains the conclusion part where the opinions of the industrial experts are included.
Frequently Asked Questions-
What is the CAGR of the Antihypertensive Drugs market?
The Antihypertensive Drugs Market is growing at a CAGR of 3.0% During the Forecast Period.
What are the key types and applications of the Antihypertensive Drugs market?
- Primary Hypertension, Secondary Hypertension, Therapy Type (Diuretics, Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitors, Angiotensin Receptor Blockers, Beta-blockers, Vasodilators, Calcium Channel Blockers, Renin Inhibitors, Alpha-blockers), Medication Type (Monotherapy, Combination Therapy, Fixed Dose Combinations)
- Retail Pharmacy, Hospital Pharmacy, E-commerce Websites & Online Drug Stores
Who are the key players in the Antihypertensive Drugs market?
Alvogen, AstraZeneca plc, Bayer AG, Bellerophon Therapeutics, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Boryung Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Bristol-Myers Squibb and Company, Daiichi Sankyo Company, Gilead Sciences, Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, HanAll Biopharma Co., Ltd., Hanmi Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Johnson & Johnson (Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd.), JW Pharmaceutical Corporation (Choongwae Pharma), Kyowa Kirin Co., Ltd., Lung Biotechnology PBC, Merck & Co., Inc., Nippon Shinyaku Co. Ltd., Novartis AG, Pfizer, Inc., Purple Biotech (Kitov Pharmaceuticals), Sanofi SA, Servier Laboratories, Stendhal Pharma, Reata Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Takeda Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., United Therapeutics Corporation, Yuhan Co, Ltd.
Any special requirements about this report, please let us know and we can provide a custom report.
Note – In order to provide a more accurate market forecast, all our reports will be updated before delivery by considering the impact of COVID-19 and the Russia-Ukraine war.