The Global Facial Injectables Market Size Was Valued At USD 16.1 Billion In 2022 And Is Expected To Grow At A CAGR Of 9.1% From 2023 To 2030.
Facial Injectables Market Overview:
Injectable products for the face, also known as dermal fillers, are products that help rejuvenate the face. These facial injectable products are mainly used to treat early signs of aging such as wrinkles, thus enhancing the aesthetic appearance.
Increased demand for enhanced aesthetic aesthetics and a growing preference for minimally invasive procedures are majorly driving the market. Furthermore, the rising geriatric population and the introduction of better facial injectables such as synthetic calcium hydroxyapatite fillers drive market growth. However, stringent regulatory concerns over injectable products and side effects of such products, such as skin rashes, restrain the market growth.
Facial Injectables market size, estimates, and forecasts are provided in terms of sales volume (K Units) and revenue (million USD), with historical and forecast data for the period 2017 to 2030, with 2022 being considered as the base year. This report segments the global Facial Injectables market in detail. Regional market sizes related to products by type, by application, and by the player are also delivered. In estimating the size of the market, we took into account the impact of COVID-19 and the Russian-Ukraine war.
Key Market Updates:
- In April 2020, Allergan launched JUVÉDERM VOLUX - the company's newest facial filler product, developed for those looking for a more defined chin and chin. Such product launches not only introduce new products to a wider population but also introduce new indications for use. For example, in August 2020, Revance Therapeutics, Inc. announced the launch of the RHA line of dermal fillers, the first and only FDA-approved dermal fillers in the United States for the correction of dynamic facial wrinkles and folds. Moreover, recent regulatory approvals in emerging markets for glabellar line indications in countries such as China are also expected to spur market growth. Hence, these positive developments are expected to lead to strong growth forecasts for the market.
Major Segments Covered in the Global Facial Injectables Market:
Market Key Players:
Allergan, Merz Aesthetics, Prollenium Medical Technologies, Bloomega BioTechnology, Galderma, Ipsen Group, Suneva Medical, Polymekon, Visionmed, Syneron, Medytox, AQTIS Medical, ColBar LifeScience, SciVision Biotech, Hangzhou Techderm Biological Products, Qufu Guanglong Biochem, And Others.
Facial Injectables Market by Types:
- Dermal Fillers
Facial Injectables Market by Applications:
- Cosmetic Centers
- Gen X
Facial Injectables Market by Regions:
The report estimates revenue growth at the worldwide, regional, and country levels and delivers an analysis of the recent industry trends in each sub-segment from 2017 to 2030.
North America dominates the market with the largest revenue share of more than 41.0% in 2021. This growth is owing to the large geriatric population in the U.S. and Canada, which is expected to drive the demand for facial injections over the forecast period. The growth rate of cosmetic surgery products was compared from 2000 to 2018, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). An 845% increase in the use of Botox injections was observed. Therefore, North America is expected to be the major revenue generator for facial injectables in the coming years.
The Asia Pacific market is expected to register the highest CAGR of 10.3% during the forecast period. The region is backed by countries such as India, Australia and South Korea. Growing concern for appearance in these developing countries is expected to play a key role in the demand for facial injection treatments. India is expected to be the fastest growing country during the forecast period.
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Nordic Countries
- Benelux Union
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
Significant Market Dynamics:
In the current scenario, various factors and awareness have resulted in an increasing demand for cosmetic procedures. Furthermore, with the economic development of developing countries around the world, disposable income has increased significantly. This has led to more and more people resorting to various filler injections to improve their aesthetics. Additionally, there has been a major change in attitudes toward these cosmetic procedures, which has reduced the stigma attached to these products.
In the current situation, the demand for cosmetic procedures has increased in all age groups: young and old. Moreover, the increase in security features of these products further facilitates their widespread adoption. For instance, in India in 2019, the total number of non-surgical injections reached 113,616, according to statistics released by the International Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS). Additionally, countries such as the United States, France, Italy, and Germany are also witnessing strong growth in the number of facial injection procedures. This strong growth trend in program volume is expected to fuel market growth.
The overall demand for filler procedures has increased dramatically over the years, particularly driven by the need to improve aesthetics and develop new types of fillers. This trend of R&D programs to develop new fillers has resulted in the introduction of improved and more efficient products. The introduction of these new products with improved aesthetics is the key reason for the increased adoption of these fillers.
Despite strong and growing demand for cosmetic procedures such as injectable fillers and Botox, certain factors restrain the market growth. For example, some side effects of these procedures include pain, swelling at the injection site, developing infection, redness, bruising, and the formation of lumps and bumps. Also, in some rare cases, serious side effects such as loss of vision, blurred vision, scarring and blindness can occur if the facial injection is injected into a blood vessel. This is especially true in developing regions where untrained employees can inadvertently cause serious harm to consumers. This is a key factor that may limit the adoption of these products. Another key factor is the high cost of these procedures since these injections are not permanent in nature. Therefore, if clients want to maintain these aesthetic improvements longer, they must undergo repeated procedures. For example, in the case of Botox, repeated treatments are required for a sustained reduction in wrinkles. Additionally, many people report that the muscle-relaxing effects of Botox last for 3 to 4 months. Hence, the risk of adverse reactions coupled with the high cost of these procedures is expected to restrain the market growth in the future.
Report Scope of Global Facial Injectables Market:
CAGR of 9.1% from 2022 to 2030.
Botox, Dermal Fillers, Other
Hospitals, Clinics, Cosmetic Centers, Other
Allergan, Merz Aesthetics, Prollenium Medical Technologies, Bloomega BioTechnology, Galderma, Ipsen Group, Suneva Medical, Polymekon, Visionmed, Syneron, Medytox, AQTIS Medical, ColBar LifeScience, SciVision Biotech, Hangzhou Techderm Biological Products, Qufu Guanglong Biochem.
Regions and Countries Covered
- North America: (US, Canada, Mexico, Rest of North America)
- Europe(Germany, France, Italy, Spain, UK, Nordic Countries, Benelux Union, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, Southeast Asia, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- The Middle East & Africa(Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, South Africa, Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
- Latin America(Brazil, Argentina, Rest of Latin America)
- Rest Of the World
2017 to 2022
2023 to 2030
Points Covered in the Report
- The points that are discussed within the report are the major market players that are involved in the Market such as Market players, raw material suppliers, equipment suppliers, end users, traders, distributors and etc.
- The complete profile of the companies is mentioned. And the capacity, production, price, revenue, cost, gross, gross margin, sales volume, sales revenue, consumption, growth rate, import, export, supply, future strategies, and the technological developments that they are making are also included within the report. This report analyzed 12 years of data history and forecast.
- The growth factors of the market are discussed in detail wherein the different end users of the market are explained in detail.
- Data and information by market player, region, type, application and etc., and custom research can be added according to specific requirements.
- The report contains a SWOT analysis of the market. Finally, the report contains the conclusion part where the opinions of the industrial experts are included.
Frequently Asked Questions-
What is the CAGR of Facial Injectables market?
The Facial Injectables Market is growing at a CAGR of 9.1% During Forecast Period.
What are the key types and applications of Facial Injectables market?
- Botox, Dermal Fillers, Other
- Hospitals, Clinics, Cosmetic Centers, Other
Who are the key players in Facial Injectables market?
Allergan, Merz Aesthetics, Prollenium Medical Technologies, Bloomega BioTechnology, Galderma, Ipsen Group, Suneva Medical, Polymekon, Visionmed, Syneron, Medytox, AQTIS Medical, ColBar LifeScience, SciVision Biotech, Hangzhou Techderm Biological Products, Qufu Guanglong Biochem., And others.
Any special requirements about this report, please let us know and we can provide a custom report.
Note – In order to provide a more accurate market forecast, all our reports will be updated before delivery by considering the impact of COVID-19 and the Russia-Ukraine war.